Vision Ears and Rhines Custom Monitors (formerly Compact Monitors)
Dec 3, 2021 at 8:04 PM Post #4,246 of 5,715
Last edited:
Dec 4, 2021 at 6:57 AM Post #4,248 of 5,715
So... I have tested the desktop mode on FiiO M17 and... oh my god it's even better even with the default power adapter... dynamic range is further improved and EXT scales like crazy! Where does this baby's potential stop??? Not sure I even need the iFi Audio Power Elite but we'll see... now noise that I can hear AT ALL it's pitch black... maybe better current will yield better result yet? Wondering...

I am shocked at how much power the EXT and Ely can take, the enhanced over ear mode and the dynamic range is insane, EXT sounds like headphones it's almost eerie...

Portable machine-Feiao official website 2021-12-04 12-55-54.png

20211126-090553.gif

Really if you heard the Elysium and EXT underpowered you haven't listened to their real potential, AT ALL!
Again, the dynamic range reaches elite level and the stage well those who found the EXT stage not big enough simply hadn't enough juice, really guys try a good amp!

Kudos to @Vision Ears and tip of the cap to @Oliver Marino :heart_eyes:
And @FiiO for building the M17 !

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2021 at 7:01 AM Post #4,249 of 5,715
So... I have tested the desktop mode on FiiO M17 and... oh my god it's even better even with the default power adapter... dynamic range is further improved and EXT scales like crazy! Where does this baby's potential stop??? Not sure I even need the iFi Audio Power Elite but we'll see... now noise that I can hear AT ALL it's pitch black... maybe better current will yield better result yet? Wondering...

I am shocked at how much power the EXT and Ely can take, the enhanced over ear mode and the dynamic range is insane, EXT sounds like headphones it's almost eerie...

20211126-090553.gif
You are making it very hard for me to resist pulling the trigger on one of these M17’s, David! 😂

Dec 4, 2021 at 7:09 AM Post #4,250 of 5,715
You are making it very hard for me to resist pulling the trigger on one of these M17’s, David! 😂
Well I am curious to know what other people will think, I got it just to check it out because of BF deal and impressions from fellow headfiers who also own DX300 Max... I am so glad I did... now everyone is different maybe you won't get the same insane smile on your face but man it's one of the few times in 20 years in this hobby that I get this kind of rush... now the flagship IEM help too as they scale like crazy... but still

Dec 4, 2021 at 7:11 AM Post #4,251 of 5,715
Well I am curious to know what other people will think, I got it just to check it out because of BF deal and impressions from fellow headfiers who also own DX300 Max... I am so glad I did... now everyone is different maybe you won't get the same insane smile on your face but man it's one of the few times in 20 years in this hobby that I get this kind of rush... now the flagship IEM help too as they scale like crazy... but still

Its an absolute no brainer we need @Damz87 to be the guy who the M17 and compare with 3MAX and DMP.....

Dec 4, 2021 at 7:13 AM Post #4,252 of 5,715
Oh but @Damz87 has DX300 Max already?
Then it might not be necessary to get M17...

Dec 4, 2021 at 7:18 AM Post #4,254 of 5,715

20211126-090553.gif

Really if you heard the Elysium and EXT underpowered you haven't listened to their real potential, AT ALL!
Again, the dynamic range reaches elite level and the stage well those who found the EXT stage not big enough simply hadn't enough juice, really guys try a good amp!

The ve elysium with the dx300 max is amazing. I’d imagine that the fiio m17 would also sound amazing with it

Dec 4, 2021 at 7:27 AM Post #4,255 of 5,715

I may or may not be at an audio show, listening to this very device right now. Impressions in a couple hours, along with a few other pieces of gear. :wink:

47CAED21-BB68-41A0-AEF7-687729D6FE7F.jpeg

Dec 4, 2021 at 7:29 AM Post #4,256 of 5,715
I may or may not be at an audio show, listening to this very device right now. Impressions in a couple hours, along with a few other pieces of gear. :wink:
I so look forward to your impressions!

Just to know if I have gone crazy... I still can't believe it but I don't have your extensive background so eager to get your take :)

Dec 4, 2021 at 7:31 AM Post #4,257 of 5,715

20211126-090553.gif

I just got my Phonix and M17. How can I turn on desktop mode like this?

Dec 4, 2021 at 8:08 AM Post #4,258 of 5,715
The ve elysium with the dx300 max is amazing. I’d imagine that the fiio m17 would also sound amazing with it
Using the 3max (and being always on this journey) and waiting for my EXT and Phoenix (@Vision Ears: please do something :) ), I'm highly interested in this comparison. Is it worth to do this side step (or improvement)...

Dec 4, 2021 at 8:13 AM Post #4,259 of 5,715
I just got my Phonix and M17. How can I turn on desktop mode like this?
Plug the DC adapter, a message will pop to ask if you want to activate :)

Dec 4, 2021 at 9:05 AM Post #4,260 of 5,715

Users who are viewing this thread

Back