Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced (September 2023 Update: Limited Reissue Edition up for preorder!)
Jun 30, 2023 at 2:13 PM Post #5,566 of 5,977
… the obvious … you were getting conned & confused for so long it's not true, wanted an amp, never bargained for you😕🤨☹️🫣

FTFY, usual copyright applies :wink:

Jul 31, 2023 at 5:24 PM Post #5,569 of 5,977
For those looking for a used V281, there is one available on CAM (Canuck Audio Mart). He is asking $1,500.00Cdn. About $1,100.00US.

That grey faceplate always throws me.

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2023 at 7:01 PM Post #5,570 of 5,977
For those looking for a used V281, there is one available on CAM (Canuck Audio Mart). He is asking $1,500.00Cdn. About $1,100.00US.

That grey faceplate always throws me.
He is open to shipping to the US at the buyer’s expense. This seems like a really good deal.

Aug 4, 2023 at 3:11 PM Post #5,572 of 5,977
Recently joined the V281 club. I was using a Monoprice 887 THX amp before this and the difference is night and day. I'm definitely hearing things I've never heard before in songs I'm very familiar with. I'm hoping to put it through its paces this weekend and enjoy some of my favorite tracks. For now, just a picture.

Cheers,
George

Attachments

• V281.jpg
    V281.jpg
    374.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Aug 4, 2023 at 9:27 PM Post #5,573 of 5,977
Jonathan be careful. Led Zeppelin will sue you for plagiarism, when they find free time from their own plagiarizing that is
…. Then they’ll say: 🎼“Your Time Is Gonna Come”🎶😂😂

Aug 4, 2023 at 9:36 PM Post #5,574 of 5,977
Recently joined the V281 club. I was using a Monoprice 887 THX amp before this and the difference is night and day. I'm definitely hearing things I've never heard before in songs I'm very familiar with. I'm hoping to put it through its paces this weekend and enjoy some of my favorite tracks. For now, just a picture.

Cheers,
George
‘Night and day’ is an understatement. Think involvement versus indifference … excitement versus stupor … 👍

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2023 at 10:46 PM Post #5,578 of 5,977
I only have a few hours on it so far so Im not going to overreact but this is clearly on a different level. Of my previous amps only the Beta22 maybe comes close but its still a big difference. I didn't think it could handle the Abyss TC. Gain at +6db.
Screenshot_20230805_211331_Gallery.jpg
Did you buy the one on CAM?

Aug 15, 2023 at 6:28 PM Post #5,579 of 5,977
Hi all, I'm new to this thread..

I have a V281 en route which I'll get later this week. quick question as I'm doing some rack space planning, thanks for any advice:

How much heat does this unit creates? I'd like to place it in a rack wtih very minimal clearance to the shelf above it, and hoping that leaving all the sides of this unit clear would be sufficient to dissipate its heat

thanks 🙏

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2023 at 7:04 PM Post #5,580 of 5,977
Hi all, I'm new to this thread..

I have a V281 en route which I'll get later this week. quick question as I'm doing some rack space planning, thanks for any advice:

How much hit does this unit creates? I'd like to place it in a rack wtih very minimal clearance to the shelf above it, and hoping that leaving all the sides of this unit clear would be sufficient to dissipate its heat

thanks 🙏
I think you meant "heat," not "hit." After being on >1 hour, it's somewhat warm to touch. But if you have an inch or more above it, and some space on the sides, you'll be fine.

My V281 probably puts out a bit more heat than most because I swapped out the stock opamps in the line-out circuit board (Sparkos SS33602 x 2). Doing this was well worth it sonically. I measured the internal heat for long periods of time, before and after the swap. The increase of heat is not more than a couple degrees, maybe 3 degrees F at most. Still, this is fanless, closed case, so a few extra degrees mean it's gets bit warmer.

All to say, if you give your V281 a modicum of space and keep it from extreme external heat sources (radiators, cover it w/blanket, other stuff that's obviously not advised), you should be fine.

I'll be very interested to read your impression of the V281. Does yours have the 128-stepped pot & remote?

(I love my V281 to pieces; it was and still is a total game-changer component for me)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back