Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced (September 2023 Update: Limited Reissue Edition up for preorder!)
Mar 1, 2015 at 12:42 PM Post #1,321 of 5,931
  ... or different people. Yes, for two outputs to be actually useful two separate volume controls (or maybe some kind of offset for one output) would be necessary.

Well, you will need two amps for that, one for each output.

You can try to play with resistor controlled output. Building an independent unit for this can be very challenging and the sound won't be te same.

Mar 1, 2015 at 12:45 PM Post #1,322 of 5,931
  Well, you will need two amps for that, one for each output.

You can try to play with resistor controlled output. Building an independent unit for this can be very challenging and the sound won't be te same.

Thats (part of) my point: the V281 does have two amps... though they are not there for driving two headphones out of one box of course. And I seldom have the need for that as I try to keep away from comparing equipment for the sake of comparisons :wink:

Mar 3, 2015 at 5:09 AM Post #1,324 of 5,931
My V281 is in my living room and each time my girlfriend goes up a page in Netflix with the remote of the TV, my selected source on the V281 changes
biggrin.gif

Mar 3, 2015 at 8:06 AM Post #1,326 of 5,931
  My V281 is in my living room and each time my girlfriend goes up a page in Netflix with the remote of the TV, my selected source on the V281 changes
biggrin.gif

As I've heard registering ones own range of IR signals is expensive...

Mar 9, 2015 at 6:46 AM Post #1,328 of 5,931
  Phonitor 2 has the perfect solution concerning remote control.

But that only covers volume control... being able to switch inputs can come in handy as well. On the other hand I don't use remotes at all with my headphone amps as I don't use them as preamps, so I don't care too much about that anyway.

Mar 9, 2015 at 12:25 PM Post #1,329 of 5,931
Black V281 here: coupled with Exasound E22 and LCD3-F;
DAC is still in burn in stage, but with V281 seems something really out of ordinary....
I can also confirm that V281 also with HE-560 is a truly fantastic combo!!!

p.s. Just sent an email to Lake People asking for silver front (just to match Exasound silver face) as spare part, hope they will reply me...

Mar 9, 2015 at 1:08 PM Post #1,330 of 5,931
Let us know...that option is interesting for me as well..

Thanks
  Black V281 here: coupled with Exasound E22 and LCD3-F;
DAC is still in burn in stage, but with V281 seems something really out of ordinary....
I can also confirm that V281 also with HE-560 is a truly fantastic combo!!!

p.s. Just sent an email to Lake People asking for silver front (just to match Exasound silver face) as spare part, hope they will reply me...

Let us know...that option is interesting for me as well..

Mar 13, 2015 at 3:29 AM Post #1,334 of 5,931
You won't be disappointed. Especially if you happen to have an he-500 with a balanced cable.

That is a gorgeous combo indeed

no .i've got the lcd.x /T1
yulong da8 
and the bifrost/lyr 

A real amp finally! I kid. You'll love it with the LCD X in balanced

Users who are viewing this thread

Back