Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced (September 2023 Update: Limited Reissue Edition up for preorder!)
Apr 2, 2019 at 3:01 PM Post #4,126 of 5,977
Just reading @jerick70's post above...the iFi iDSD Micro Black Label is another classic/no-brainer inexpensive DAC, roughly the same price as Audio GD R2R 11, but this design is delta-sigma. Many people like it; it also has a headphone amp & preamp capability.

(good recommendation!)

Apr 2, 2019 at 3:45 PM Post #4,127 of 5,977
Just reading @jerick70's post above...the iFi iDSD Micro Black Label is another classic/no-brainer inexpensive DAC, roughly the same price as Audio GD R2R 11, but this design is delta-sigma. Many people like it; it also has a headphone amp & preamp capability.

(good recommendation!)
@NDonchev just an FYI my listening preferences lean to the warm smooth side of the audio spectrum.

The iDSD BL is a great DAC. Fully discreet with dual dacs. It is warm though.

Apr 5, 2019 at 3:15 AM Post #4,128 of 5,977
Guys, I have some questions since this thread is quite extensive.

1) Are there any technical differences between V281 and V220 besides the balanced output? Are there any sound signature differences?

2) Has anyone tried V281 (or V220) with Chord Qutest and Beyerdynamic T1.2? I wonder if the sound signature is not overly dark (warm)?

Many thanks in advance. I might want to add a second SS amp to my headphone line which currently uses a tube amp.

Apr 5, 2019 at 1:02 PM Post #4,129 of 5,977
I too have a question on V281, if anybody could help.

The fact that V281 comes with relay volume control is to cause least disturbance to the the signal but since v281 also has a balance control, the signal travels through it too. Is that too done with any special hardware?

Apr 6, 2019 at 12:41 PM Post #4,130 of 5,977
Based on your posts and additional reading on the Internet here is my options for a DAC for the v281:
1. Violectric V850
+ Good synergy and visually matching with the v281
+ Neither too analytical, nor too musical
+ Polite and smooth sounding
- Not as lively, rich and realistic sounding as good implemented R2R (Multibit) DACs
2. Chord Qutest
+ Lots of positive reviews
+ More musical then the RME ADI-2 and just a DAC (no extra features I will not use)
+ Better aesthetics compared to the RME ADI-2
+ Exceptional measurement results
- Missing balanced outputs
- USB input may not be the best
3. Schiit Gungnir Multibit
+ Characteristic sound - may be counted as a negative
+ Realistic sound, a bit warm, airiness, openness, soundstage
- Poor measurment results
- Needs time (maybe days) to stabilize and reach the peak of it's abilities
4. Metrum Acoustics Onyx
+ Very lifelike presentation, realistic timbre, rich and beautiful sound
+ Good R2R implementation, but still has some of the limitations of R2R
- Poor soundstage, atmosphere and airiness. Some prefer the Schiit Gungnir Multibit or even Schiit Bifrost Multibit (much cheaper)
- A bit of treble roll off
- Expensive

Keep in mind that these summaries just express (partly) my current feelings towards the DACs and it's very hard to summarize in a few points. I seem to be leaning to the objectivist camp as poor measurements bother me (at least when I haven't heard the DACs).

It is possible to save some more money and go for the Metrum Acoustics Onyx, but if it lacks soundstage and atmosphere, that's a problem. I'm using the H800S, so soundstaging is important for me. Also, some people saying they prefer the much cheaper Schiit Bifrost Multibit is a problem. Why not buy the Schiit Bifrost Multibit then... Generally, the Metrum Acoustics Onyx seems like the riskier choice.

As for the Schiit's DACs, there are a lot of mixed opinions - some love them and some hate them.

The Qutest... it bothers me a bit that it seems like the Apple of audiophile gear. I feel like I will be paying a lot for their marketing, packaging, etc. Generally a lot of fanboysm.

@Pharmaboy's suggestion to first go for a good budget R2R NOS DAC and then probably upgrade is an interesting one. However, I want to get over with this audio choosing journey relatively fast as it is consuming a lot of time and energy and at the end it's not the most important thing in life. Besides I spend my time reading about audio instead of listening to my new v281 which is a shame...

It would be nice if there are people who have experience with some of these DACs to share more impressions and compare them.

I think realistic, musical, rich sound is what I'm after but I don't want to sacrifice too much details, cleanliness, air or soundstaging (or money).

Thanks again.

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2019 at 1:17 PM Post #4,131 of 5,977
Guys, I have some questions since this thread is quite extensive.

1) Are there any technical differences between V281 and V220 besides the balanced output? Are there any sound signature differences?

2) Has anyone tried V281 (or V220) with Chord Qutest and Beyerdynamic T1.2? I wonder if the sound signature is not overly dark (warm)?

Many thanks in advance. I might want to add a second SS amp to my headphone line which currently uses a tube amp.

I own the V281 but am not an electrical engineer or expert in amp design. Nevertheless, I can tell you:
  • The V220 is the amp/preamp version of the V200 amp-only. It has input/output & gain adjustment flexibility similar to the V281
  • The V220 is single-ended only for headphone use
  • The V281 is both single-ended and balanced for headphones. That requires a different circuit topology than the V220--in essence, 2 X V200 w/a bigger/better power supply
  • I pretty sure both the V281 and V220 offer the same remote control upgrade pot, a 128-stepped design, said to sound somewhat better than the non-stepped Alps stock pot. I have this stepped pot with the V281 and find it to be excellent.
A note about "warmth." All the amps I end up getting are said to sound at least somewhat warm. I prefer that simply because I tend to hear amps described as "neutral" to be bright, edgy, or hard to tolerate. The V281 is what I would call very slightly warm.

But if you focus only on this tonality (probably more pronounced in the V220, based on the warm V200), you'd overlook the real assets of the V281: big power, crushing bass (deep & impactful), endgame dynamics & the best soundstaging I've heard from SS.

I regard the V281 as a truth-teller amp. It doesn't sugarcoat or editorialize the sound. If I want to hear how a given headphone really sounds, I turn to V281.

Apr 6, 2019 at 1:43 PM Post #4,132 of 5,977
Based on your posts and additional reading on the Internet here is my options for a DAC for the v281:
1. Violectric V850
- Not as lively, rich and realistic sounding as good implemented R2R (Multibit) DACs
2. Chord Qutest
+ More musical then the RME ADI-2 and just a DAC (no extra features I will not use)
4. Metrum Acoustics Onyx
- Poor soundstage, atmosphere and airiness. Some prefer the Schiit Gungnir Multibit or even Schiit Bifrost Multibit (much cheaper)
- Expensive

Keep in mind that these summaries just express (partly) my current feelings towards the DACs and it's very hard to summarize in a few points. I seem to be leaning to the objectivist camp as poor measurements bother me (at least when I haven't heard the DACs).

It is possible to save some more money and go for the Metrum Acoustics Onyx, but if it lacks soundstage and atmosphere, that's a problem. I'm using the H800S, so soundstaging is important for me. Also, some people saying they prefer the much cheaper Schiit Bifrost Multibit is a problem. Why not buy the Schiit Bifrost Multibit then... Generally, the Metrum Acoustics Onyx seems like the riskier choice.

As for the Schiit's DACs, there are a lot of mixed opinions - some love them and some hate them.

The Qutest... it bothers me a bit that it seems like the Apple of audiophile gear. I feel like I will be paying a lot for their marketing, packaging, etc. Generally a lot of fanboysm.

@Pharmaboy's suggestion to first go for a good budget R2R NOS DAC and then probably upgrade is an interesting one. However, I want to get over with this audio choosing journey relatively fast as it is consuming a lot of time and energy and at the end it's not the most important thing in life. Besides I spend my time reading about audio instead of listening to my new v281 which is a shame...

It would be nice if there are people who have experience with some of these DACs to share more impressions and compare them.

I think realistic, musical, rich sound is what I'm after but I don't want to sacrifice too much details, cleanliness, air or soundstaging (or money).

Thanks again.
Just ask the dealer for showcase units of Onyx... the ones used at HiFi shows/review purposes..
Few of my friends have recently purchased Onyx, Pavane and Adagio. They got an excellent deal...especially on Pavane/Adagio...
They all migrated from schiit, chord, holo spring...
Btw the so called "treble roll off" with NOS DACs is wrong imo.
We are used to OS based DACs which portray the trebles is a different manner.(unnatural)

Try to listen to a live instrument in person and then compare the instrument timbre, tonality and treble response on the NOS vs OS DACs... for me NOS have a more natural treble presentation...
Artificially crisp/extended treble response on OS DACs gives a false sense of airiness and expansion of Soundstage..
So, my advice would be to audition the DACs yourself to get a more accurate idea of their sound.
YMMV

Apr 6, 2019 at 2:57 PM Post #4,133 of 5,977
Just ask the dealer for showcase units of Onyx... the ones used at HiFi shows/review purposes..
Few of my friends have recently purchased Onyx, Pavane and Adagio. They got an excellent deal...especially on Pavane/Adagio...
They all migrated from schiit, chord, holo spring...
Btw the so called "treble roll off" with NOS DACs is wrong imo.
We are used to OS based DACs which portray the trebles is a different manner.(unnatural)

Try to listen to a live instrument in person and then compare the instrument timbre, tonality and treble response on the NOS vs OS DACs... for me NOS have a more natural treble presentation...
Artificially crisp/extended treble response on OS DACs gives a false sense of airiness and expansion of Soundstage..
So, my advice would be to audition the DACs yourself to get a more accurate idea of their sound.
YMMV

So, do you feel like making a sacrifice with soundstage and airiness? Is it like you miss the bigger soundstage and does it detract from the enjoyment in your case? Others have described the soundstage as enveloping.

Actually, the dealer is Metrum Acoustics' online shop as I'm in Europe and they are Dutch company. I may ask them if they have showcase units, that's a good idea. Also, they accept returns, but with 10% fee.

Apr 6, 2019 at 4:21 PM Post #4,134 of 5,977
1. Violectric V850
2. Chord Qutest
4. Metrum Acoustics Onyx
- Expensive

Thanks again.

One conspicuous absence on your list is the Schiit Yggy A2, especially since you have the Gungnir Multibit on your list... May I know if there is any special reason for that? Yes, price-wise one might find the Yggy A2 to be relatively expensive, but its price is roughly within the range of that of the Metrum Onyx, so I wonder (The Yggy A2 maybe a little more expensive than the Onyx, but it is much closer to the price of the Onyx than the Gungnir, which is why I find the question about the absence of the Yggy2 to be pertinent). Plus if you are willing to try the used market, you could find extremely great deals on the Yggy v1, for example. If I did not already have my Yggy A2, I would consider getting a Yggy v1 at a reasonable price on the used market, and sending it in to Schiit Audio for the Analog 2 upgrade, which will get you a brand spanking new 3-year warranty on your A2, no questions asked... It is actually the path I have followed myself. I bought my Yggy A1 used. I have since sent it back to Schiit Audio twice, once for the USB 5 upgrade, and the the time, subsequently, for the Analog 2 upgrade. Each time it went back, Schiit Audio voluntarily replaced other parts of the Yggy, without my asking, either as part of regular servicing, or to bring it up to date and make it more future proof, following their own progressive upgrade policy. I guess they deemed such upgrades worth it given that I became like an original buyer in my own right, with my own warranty in my name, as soon as I sent my unit back for the USB5 upgrade. I got another bump in the upgrade cycle when I sent the unit back for the Analog 2, so I consider a Yggy in any of its incarnations to be a sweet deal indeed, whenever, and wherever you get it.

With all that said, however, the best part of it all is how the Yggy 2 sounds, and how well it pairs with the Violectric V281, to my ears. In fact, all I have said about upgradability and switchable warranties would amount to nought in my estimation, were it not for the heavenly and ethereal sound of the Yggy, especially the A2 version, as it combines with the V281, which is currently my main "reference-grade" headphone amplifier, and also doubles as a pre-amp, positioned in the interface between the Yggy A2 and my main 2-channel-stereo/HT speaker system.

I also currently use a metrum onyx/metrum ambre (roon-endpoint) combo paired with a Cavalli-Monoprice Liquid Platinum as a near-field HP listening system, which is no slouch at all, although I consider the product of the Yggy A2/V281 combo to be slightly sonically superior at times, because, for some reason, that combo can scale up some of the more demanding HPs I use, such as the LCD-4 to heights of audio delight that I did not even expect were possible. Mind you the LCD-4 is also excellent on the Metrum Onyx/Liquid Platinum combo, and until you do a side-by-side with the Yggy A2/V281 rig, it will not be obvious to you that the Onyx/Liquid Platinum has any limitations. Still, I have never paired the Onyx with the V281 to find out how the sound will shake out, so I am not sure how it compares directly with the Yggy A2, or what is responsible for the "limitations" in relative scaling power that I occasionally hear when the Onyx is paired with the Liquid Platinum. The sound of Liquid Platinum also changes depending on the tubes one is using on them, and this also introduces another set of variables one has to take into account in any comparisons... Still, I can say with confidence that both the Yggy A2 and Metrum Onyx are world-class performers in the category of DACs to my ears, and that I could live with both as my endgame choices, even though if someone were to force me at gunpoint to choose only one of them "or else,":) I'll probably give the edge to the Yggy A2, because of what I perceive currently to be its slight technical superiority over the Onyx, although parting with the Onyx would be quite emotionally difficult too. To be fair, I still have to repeat that I have never used the the Onyx with my Violectric V281, and hence, never played it through my speaker system, which would finally show me all it is capable of, and definitely confirm how it stacks up against the Yggy A2. I have really not been in any hurry to find out, because I am quite content with how the Yggy and Onyx are performing right now in the places they're deployed, and that is what counts to me now. And that is the state of play, as regards the Yggy A2 and the Onyx, at the moment.

Apr 6, 2019 at 4:29 PM Post #4,135 of 5,977

YMMV

Hmm... Interesting... That sounds like the difference I hear sometimes between my Onyx rig/LP rig and the Yggy A2/V-281 rig. A wider and deeper soundstage, more airiness and more extension, and maybe detail at both ends of the spectrum, although I have never had any reason to think that the Onyx is rolling off any of the treble or its details.

I still have to combine the Onyx with the V281 in order to find out how that would comparatively work out though.

Apr 6, 2019 at 5:18 PM Post #4,136 of 5,977
One conspicuous absence on your list is the Schiit Yggy A2, especially since you have the Gungnir Multibit on your list... May I know if there is any special reason for that? Yes, price-wise one might find the Yggy A2 to be relatively expensive, but its price is roughly within the range of that of the Metrum Onyx, so I wonder (The Yggy A2 maybe a little more expensive than the Onyx, but it is much closer to the price of the Onyx than the Gungnir, which is why I find the question about the absence of the Yggy2 to be pertinent). Plus if you are willing to try the used market, you could find extremely great deals on the Yggy v1, for example. If I did not already have my Yggy A2, I would consider getting a Yggy v1 at a reasonable price on the used market, and sending it in to Schiit Audio for the Analog 2 upgrade, which will get you a brand spanking new 3-year warranty on your A2, no questions asked... It is actually the path I have followed myself. I bought my Yggy A1 used. I have since sent it back to Schiit Audio twice, once for the USB 5 upgrade, and the the time, subsequently, for the Analog 2 upgrade. Each time it went back, Schiit Audio voluntarily replaced other parts of the Yggy, without my asking, either as part of regular servicing, or to bring it up to date and make it more future proof, following their own progressive upgrade policy. I guess they deemed such upgrades worth it given that I became like an original buyer in my own right, with my own warranty in my name, as soon as I sent my unit back for the USB5 upgrade. I got another bump in the upgrade cycle when I sent the unit back for the Analog 2, so I consider a Yggy in any of its incarnations to be a sweet deal indeed, whenever, and wherever you get it.

With all that said, however, the best part of it all is how the Yggy 2 sounds, and how well it pairs with the Violectric V281, to my ears. In fact, all I have said about upgradability and switchable warranties would amount to nought in my estimation, were it not for the heavenly and ethereal sound of the Yggy, especially the A2 version, as it combines with the V281, which is currently my main "reference-grade" headphone amplifier, and also doubles as a pre-amp, positioned in the interface between the Yggy A2 and my main 2-channel-stereo/HT speaker system.

I also currently use a metrum onyx/metrum ambre (roon-endpoint) combo paired with a Cavalli-Monoprice Liquid Platinum as a near-field HP listening system, which is no slouch at all, although I consider the product of the Yggy A2/V281 combo to be slightly sonically superior at times, because, for some reason, that combo can scale up some of the more demanding HPs I use, such as the LCD-4 to heights of audio delight that I did not even expect were possible. Mind you the LCD-4 is also excellent on the Metrum Onyx/Liquid Platinum combo, and until you do a side-by-side with the Yggy A2/V281 rig, it will not be obvious to you that the Onyx/Liquid Platinum has any limitations. Still, I have never paired the Onyx with the V281 to find out how the sound will shake out, so I am not sure how it compares directly with the Yggy A2, or what is responsible for the "limitations" in relative scaling power that I occasionally hear when the Onyx is paired with the Liquid Platinum. The sound of Liquid Platinum also changes depending on the tubes one is using on them, and this also introduces another set of variables one has to take into account in any comparisons... Still, I can say with confidence that both the Yggy A2 and Metrum Onyx are world-class performers in the category of DACs to my ears, and that I could live with both as my endgame choices, even though if someone were to force me at gunpoint to choose only one of them "or else,":) I'll probably give the edge to the Yggy A2, because of what I perceive currently to be its slight technical superiority over the Onyx, although parting with the Onyx would be quite emotionally difficult too. To be fair, I still have to repeat that I have never used the the Onyx with my Violectric V281, and hence, never played it through my speaker system, which would finally show me all it is capable of, and definitely confirm how it stacks up against the Yggy A2. I have really not been in any hurry to find out, because I am quite content with how the Yggy and Onyx are performing right now in the places they're deployed, and that is what counts to me now. And that is the state of play, as regards the Yggy A2 and the Onyx, at the moment.
Yes, I have come across Yggy many times in my search and it showed a few times. The reasons for omitting the Yggy from the list are several:

1. The main one - sound. I saw several people say they like the Gymby better and that the Yggy can sound dry, harsh and too analytical and lean and that Gymby is warmer and fuller sounding compared to the Yggy. Given that I use the HD800S which are relatively analytical already, I'm not sure if the combination with the Yggy will be good. You say you use the LCD-4, which to my knowledge are warmer and fuller sounding headphones then the HD800S. Maybe that's part of the reason you liked the Yggy a bit more? You say that it sounds "heavenly and ethereal"... well, I would like that, but it seems like an opposite to dry, lean and analytical. Does it sound lean to you? Nevertheless, I'm happy to hear that Yggy and v281 are a good match. Also, it's nice to hear opinion of someone that has both DACs in his stack.

2. The time needed for the Yggy to warm up. I have heard it takes at least few days always on for the Yggy to reach it's potential. That's not a big problem, but is inconvenient. Additionally, the big form factor.

3. Bad measurement results at audiosciencereview. I know many people say this is not a good indication of how a DAC sounds, but given that I haven't auditioned the DACs, that bothers me a bit.

I guess you are right that the Yggy and the Onyx are both exceptional DACs and I will probably will be vary happy with either of them. Basically, I got the impression that the Onyx has fuller, more textured and realistic sound with accurate timbre and that the Yggy is leaner and analytical compared to both the Onyx and Gumby. Also, that Yggy has smaller soundstage then Gumby.

As for the used market, problem is I'm a bit impatient to finish my stack with a matching DAC and probably finding Yggy used in Europe will take a lot of time. So, if I'm buying it will probably be a new unit. I don't know if you read the previous posts, but currently I'm using Fiio X3 II DAP as a DAC. Which a lot of people say is not the optimal DAC for the V281/HD800S combo.

Apr 6, 2019 at 7:46 PM Post #4,137 of 5,977
Yes, I have come across Yggy many times in my search and it showed a few times. The reasons for omitting the Yggy from the list are several:

1. The main one - sound. I saw several people say they like the Gymby better and that the Yggy can sound dry, harsh and too analytical and lean and that Gymby is warmer and fuller sounding compared to the Yggy. Given that I use the HD800S which are relatively analytical already, I'm not sure if the combination with the Yggy will be good. You say you use the LCD-4, which to my knowledge are warmer and fuller sounding headphones then the HD800S. Maybe that's part of the reason you liked the Yggy a bit more? You say that it sounds "heavenly and ethereal"... well, I would like that, but it seems like an opposite to dry, lean and analytical. Does it sound lean to you? Nevertheless, I'm happy to hear that Yggy and v281 are a good match. Also, it's nice to hear opinion of someone that has both DACs in his stack.

2. The time needed for the Yggy to warm up. I have heard it takes at least few days always on for the Yggy to reach it's potential. That's not a big problem, but is inconvenient. Additionally, the big form factor.

3. Bad measurement results at audiosciencereview. I know many people say this is not a good indication of how a DAC sounds, but given that I haven't auditioned the DACs, that bothers me a bit.

I guess you are right that the Yggy and the Onyx are both exceptional DACs and I will probably will be vary happy with either of them. Basically, I got the impression that the Onyx has fuller, more textured and realistic sound with accurate timbre and that the Yggy is leaner and analytical compared to both the Onyx and Gumby. Also, that Yggy has smaller soundstage then Gumby.

As for the used market, problem is I'm a bit impatient to finish my stack with a matching DAC and probably finding Yggy used in Europe will take a lot of time. So, if I'm buying it will probably be a new unit. I don't know if you read the previous posts, but currently I'm using Fiio X3 II DAP as a DAC. Which a lot of people say is not the optimal DAC for the V281/HD800S combo.

All Points are well taken... I've just two more rejoinders:

1. Regarding the alleged "dryness" of the sound of the Yggy, I couldn't disagree more (and ditto "lean", "analytical," or "harsh," actually double ditto for "harsh", that is if it is possible to disagree twice, or exponentially) although I have never heard nor owned the gumby. Also the A2 upgrade has very much revolutionized the sound of the original Yggy v1, to the point where the improvements have to be heard to be believed, after it has warmed up enough to reach the stage of its optimal performance level. And yes, it takes a while (maybe days, maybe a couple of weeks, depending...) to get to its peak of performance, but since you can leave it on forever without turning it off, you only need to live through that process once, unless you voluntarily opt to repeat it, but that is really not necessary, under normal circumstances. Besides, it is not as if a newly minted Yggy A2 sounds remotely "bad" fresh out of the gate. It just gets better with time, and the evolution itself is a thing of beauty to behold. With all that said, there is the crucial issue of individual preferences, and the usual caveat of YMMV. Still, what I will say to that is this : Audition the units before buying, so that you can be sure that what you end up buying is really what you personally prefer over the others. Personally, if I was ever misled by reviews into buying, say a bimby or gumby, and found out later that the Yggy A2 is what I really prefer, it wouldn't sit well with me at all... But then again, YMMV.

2. Bad measurements at Audiosciencereview. I really wish I did not need to comment on these since, I am completely indifferent to them, and wouldn't want to grant them more publicity by even talking about them. However, what I have mostly heard about them smacks of a lack of integrity, and that alone would be sufficient to deter me from paying them any serious attention. However, the even better reason for ignoring them lies in allowing my own ears to be my guide. That is really where the buck stops, and in the end, that is what counts most, in my view. The end product in sonic performance will always trump measurements for me, regardless of where the measurements are coming from. If measurements had any meaningful relationship with how the end product sounds then the schiit magni would be the best DAC in the schiit line-up, because word on the street (according to rumors I have heard) is that the magni measures the best of them all... So go figure! (Mind you, I haven't actually confirmed the veracity of these claims about the Mimby or magni myself, but I really don't need to because they will be inconsequential to me, either way)

That's all I have got to say for now, except that, once again, YMMV. :)

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2019 at 12:14 AM Post #4,138 of 5,977
So, do you feel like making a sacrifice with soundstage and airiness? Is it like you miss the bigger soundstage and does it detract from the enjoyment in your case? Others have described the soundstage as enveloping.

Actually, the dealer is Metrum Acoustics' online shop as I'm in Europe and they are Dutch company. I may ask them if they have showcase units, that's a good idea. Also, they accept returns, but with 10% fee.
The soundstage on my adx5000 is not as wide as hd800/800s but its enough for my taste. Airiness is a different matter. Sound can be airy in a small stage as well.I personally feel if instruments are too wide then the texture/imaging takes a hit which is not acceptable. I thoroughly enjoy my hps with v281 & pavane. V281 pairs well with almost every hp/iem in the market. That's why its called a legend.

You can try for 30 days and still return back the unit without any charge. One of the best thing about Metrum is that if you want to upgrade to pavane/adagio form onyx/jade they will charge some exchange fee depending upon various factors (not too much). That's really nice.

Apr 7, 2019 at 11:37 AM Post #4,139 of 5,977
One of the best thing about Metrum is that if you want to upgrade to pavane/adagio form onyx/jade they will charge some exchange fee depending upon various factors (not too much). That's really nice.

That's great and I wish more high end audio shops did the same. Sort of like Google's and Apple's phone buyback program.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back