Video: Lambo vs. Toyota
Apr 16, 2008 at 10:30 PM Post #31 of 141
Quote:

Originally Posted by marvin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Money == class. You obviously need to report back for another round of capitalist indoctrination.

I completely and totally disagree with you. I used to live a 3 million dollar house, when my mom became remarried. That entire family was very wealthy, and the opposite of anything related to class. They did tons of drugs all the time, all of them had marital issues or relationship problems, one beat his wife, another was a perpetual cheater and couldn't stay away from hookers.

I can tell you don't hang around many wealthy people, because they love to have debauchery parties that brings a whole new term to the meaning of human lows. Half these rich people in the video I've posted are trust fund kids with their little person friends, who go tanning all the time and most likely have implants.

They aren't classy.

Apr 16, 2008 at 10:38 PM Post #32 of 141
Quote:

Originally Posted by mercbuggy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Whether the car has class is independent of it's owner, it is just unfortunate that often people with money do indeed lack class. In this case though I suspect real money was put into the Supra and as previously mentioned there is a possibility that the Lambo driver owns both cars.

In the case of Lamborghini the heritage gives the marque class, born from a tractor manufacturer that decided to build something to challenge Ferrari.

I disagree. I've seen classy cars, and white trash cars, yet they were identical marques and models.

To me, lamborghinis are so over the top and obnoxious that they really exude insecurity, aggressiveness, and lots of other problems. Think of the typical guy who buys one.

The Supra, on the other hand, is a classier car. It's not as fast, not as extreme, it's reliable, it's a well put together car, and it's very 'adult' looking. The lambo on the other hand, is very extreme, parts and maintenence are astronomical, it's not something you'd trust to drive long distances, and looks like something a 11-12 yr old would freak out about.

They're both nice cars, but honestly, if it were my money, I'd much prefer the Supra. With a few mods it can be made into a very competent performer, and apart from the obnoxious lime green paint, that one is pretty decent looking.

I think all these people who are talking about the lambo having 'soul' are full of it. They've probably never even ridden in a Supra before, and they're probably the same people who think that the new Nissan GT-R is an abomination. They are apologists when a $70,000 Nissan can outrun, outhandle, and turn faster laptimes on the ring that Germany or Italy's best. Whatever. The type of person who still thinks that 'soul' is important is the type of person who coats their speaker wires with teflon for improved sound.

Apr 16, 2008 at 10:49 PM Post #33 of 141
lol omg. I thought for a minute this was a comparison between cars
smily_headphones1.gif
not social classes lol

Someone previously posted if the Lambo was tuned as much as the Supra, that it would kick the Toyota's ass. Your trying to tell me that a car made in Italy, costing a coupla HUNDRED thousand smackers (AUD anyway), HASN'T been tuned about 10x as much as the Supra, even with all the modifications added on? Get faaaarked lol. The Toyota would be more reliable than the Lambo if the tuner is reputable. Plus, turbo does not always = lag. In this car it does, but that's because he's got one big single high mount, when the car comes with two sequential-kicking low mounts as standard.

When it comes to cars, I only care about two things: looks (could go either way on this, both cars are ugly colours, but have nice shapes) and track capability (again, you'd have to put them on the track. If the Supra's had it suspension done, and the driver kept it on boost, it could be a closer call than you think). I think the Lambo would win, but that's only cos I assume it's a more forgiving drive than the Supra for the "average Joe."

I agree with cash68, +1 vote for the new G-TR with some mods kicking both these cars' asses
smily_headphones1.gif
(or a Mines tuned one, or maybe even just the V-Spec as it rolls off the factory floor).

Apr 16, 2008 at 11:19 PM Post #35 of 141
Quote:

Originally Posted by mercbuggy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For the Lambo to be 'worked' the Supra would have to prove it's worth across the whole spectrum of performance criteria:
Heritage

Pretty sure the Supra only manages to compete on the power comparison.
events.

I think the Supra has a lot of heritage, though in a completely different way than the Lambo. It has been know as a dream car to mod about as much as the Skyline.

Now thinking about it, I wonder what would happen if you were to race that Supra against an incredibly modified Skyline.

Apr 17, 2008 at 12:43 AM Post #36 of 141
Quote:

Originally Posted by cash68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I disagree. I've seen classy cars, and white trash cars, yet they were identical marques and models.

To me, lamborghinis are so over the top and obnoxious that they really exude insecurity, aggressiveness, and lots of other problems. Think of the typical guy who buys one.

I think all these people who are talking about the lambo having 'soul' are full of it. They've probably never even ridden in a Supra before, and they're probably the same people who think that the new Nissan GT-R is an abomination. They are apologists when a $70,000 Nissan can outrun, outhandle, and turn faster laptimes on the ring that Germany or Italy's best. Whatever. The type of person who still thinks that 'soul' is important is the type of person who coats their speaker wires with teflon for improved sound.

I am pretty sure that Ferruccio Lamborghini, Enzo Ferrari, the Maseratti brothers, Ettore Bugatti et al were not concerned about anything other than producing beautiful, fast, spirited and soulful cars. The fact that we may have some prejudice against the people who might buy supercars should not detract from the cars themselves. If we do that we may as well do the same for headphones and the people who buy them.....

'Soul' is not teflon coated speaker wire. Soul is an emotive lyric, vocal performance, melody, rhythm, all reasons why I believe we like music?

I was 'lucky' enough to ride in a heavily modified 3000gt, very fast, a little scary but as emotive as a laptop on wheels (which it effectively was). I was also lucky enough to sit in an F40 (which belonged to Nigel Mansell at the time), with the engine running, stationary. Even stationary the F40 was emotive, an automotive symphony.

The Italian supercars have soul, the Supra is teflon coated speaker wire....

Apr 17, 2008 at 1:35 AM Post #37 of 141
OMG did someone just call the souped up Toyota, classier than a Lamborghini? That's the most patently absurd thing I've read here for a long time.

No offence but I'm guessing you've never ridden in a real supercar. I've ridden in an XJ220 and an Aston Martin Virage, and both of them are a million times classier than a souped up (lime green) Toyota Supra. Just listen to the noise the Lamborghini makes, sounds like an angry bull, the Toyota sounds like a moped having a hissy fit
frown.gif

And I drive a Toyota derived car myself, so there's no bias here against Toyota.

I'd go for a Lancia Delta Integrale Evoluzione if I really wanted a fun car to drive, those things rock for round town
smily_headphones1.gif

but hey, theres no accounting for taste eh? "Horses for courses" as we cryptically say round these parts..

Apr 17, 2008 at 3:48 AM Post #38 of 141
Owning both a "commoner" and an exotic, in the motorcycle world atleast, I can somewhat speak from experience.

The Lambo although a great car, is exactly, to the tee, what cash68 says. Extreme, and stupidly expensive and if tuned, likely unreliable. Search the net for a twin turbo Lambo, and you'll see it's nowhere NEAR as fast as that Supra. And it's a fairly well known blown out Lambo.

For all those that say "dump the same amount of work into the lambo"...Well, it can't really be done without it being stupidly astronomically expensive. The after market alone is nowhere near as abundant as the Supra. So it's not really possible without getting one off or factory racing stuff. So you can't really even compare if you wanted to. The factory maxes that beast pretty much from the assembly line.

Supra has no class? Are you kidding? In Japan it's one of the classiest cars EVER produced. Just because it's Japanese doesn't mean it lacks class. A lambo has a pricetag, but that's about it. They're not even anything really special like Ferrari if you want to really get down to it about the heritage. Like said, it gets most of it's prestige from a pricetag and tractors. The Supra gets its prestige from track performance and proven reliability. A heritage like Toyota, who may not be exotic, but they build some of the most reliable engines on the planet...

You can't knock something made in the 90's with a straight 6 being able to ROCK something with a V12 made in the late 2000's. Turbo or not, that's a MAJOR feat and mighty impressive. And it being a 2JZ, it's probably reliable enough to be a daily driver without breaking a sweat.

The Lambo is good for picking up the ladies and impressing people. Yeah it can go round the track fine, but honestly, in the world of exotics, I'll take a Ferrari or Porsche any day of the week hands down without thinking twice.

Apr 17, 2008 at 2:53 PM Post #40 of 141
No, I'm not kidding, that specific Toyota has WAY less class than the Lamborghini. The toyota looks and sounds like something from the fast and the furious... hmm not exactly classy

Fact is, that toyota has (once the turbo kicks in) more straight line speed from a rolling start than probably almost any car out there. That doesn't make it classy, doesn't make it handle well, doesn't make it desirable to most people. It's a one trick pony.
The Lamborghini, is big, heavy, expensive, and about a million times more desirable than the toyota. It might not be the fastest car in a straight line, but i'd bet it can lap as fast or faster then the toyota, and look good doing it. the toyota lets be honest, is an eyesore compared to the Lamborghini. Just listen to the noise each car makes.. the lamborghini roars, the toyota whines...

Class is a moot point if all you're looking for is a dragster disguised as a blinged out hairdressers car.

I like the toyota to a heavily modded woodied balanced say , senn 650's.. competent enough as is, but heavily tweaked and not to everyones tastes. the Lamborghini is a Sony Mdr-R10 - effortlessly classy, but too big and not "tweaked" enough for some to like.

Apr 17, 2008 at 3:46 PM Post #41 of 141
Quote:

Originally Posted by oicdn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Lambo is good for picking up the ladies and impressing people. Yeah it can go round the track fine, but honestly, in the world of exotics, I'll take a Ferrari or Porsche any day of the week hands down without thinking twice.

I completely agree but I would think that audi's lemans technology would trickle down/

Apr 17, 2008 at 3:52 PM Post #42 of 141
The Lambo is a super car made to look extravagant not a race car by any means. The Supra is an all out tuner of course it is going to be faster in a straight line drag.

It would be like comparing a Caparo T1 to the Supra on a track, it just does not make any sense.

Apr 17, 2008 at 5:14 PM Post #43 of 141
Quote:

Originally Posted by oicdn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Owning both a "commoner" and an exotic, in the motorcycle world atleast, I can somewhat speak from experience.

The Lambo although a great car, is exactly, to the tee, what cash68 says. Extreme, and stupidly expensive and if tuned, likely unreliable. Search the net for a twin turbo Lambo, and you'll see it's nowhere NEAR as fast as that Supra. And it's a fairly well known blown out Lambo.

For all those that say "dump the same amount of work into the lambo"...Well, it can't really be done without it being stupidly astronomically expensive. The after market alone is nowhere near as abundant as the Supra. So it's not really possible without getting one off or factory racing stuff. So you can't really even compare if you wanted to. The factory maxes that beast pretty much from the assembly line.

Supra has no class? Are you kidding? In Japan it's one of the classiest cars EVER produced. Just because it's Japanese doesn't mean it lacks class. A lambo has a pricetag, but that's about it. They're not even anything really special like Ferrari if you want to really get down to it about the heritage. Like said, it gets most of it's prestige from a pricetag and tractors. The Supra gets its prestige from track performance and proven reliability. A heritage like Toyota, who may not be exotic, but they build some of the most reliable engines on the planet...

You can't knock something made in the 90's with a straight 6 being able to ROCK something with a V12 made in the late 2000's. Turbo or not, that's a MAJOR feat and mighty impressive. And it being a 2JZ, it's probably reliable enough to be a daily driver without breaking a sweat.

Thank you. At least there's one other automotive enthusiast on this board. Most people here really don't know what the hell they are talking about, I doubt they even change their own oil. They keep talking about the symphony and soul and harmonic undertones and all this other crap. I mean, yeah a v12 sounds great for what it is, but so do other engines. The only engine sounds I really don't like are relatively stock honda engines with ebay mufflers. A boosted supra sounds awesome, it sounds like lambo ass-raping power.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 17, 2008 at 5:23 PM Post #44 of 141
Quote:

Originally Posted by craiglester /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OMG did someone just call the souped up Toyota, classier than a Lamborghini? That's the most patently absurd thing I've read here for a long time.

Yep. Every lambo owner I've ever met was a complete and total *********. COMPLETE. Partially dyed hair. Lamborghini watches, lamborghini hats, and usually drawn towards overly tanned extremely stupid bimbos. They don't understand anything on their car, nor will they learn, as everything is astronomically expensive. They also generally cannot drive very well, yet they think they own the road.

Supra guys, on the other hand, are usually more like your average gearhead. They like doing work on their own cars, and they understand the basics of how the car actually works.

So yeah.... there's lambos, with their tactless egomaniac owners, and there's supras, with the more normal gearhead type owners. I say the Supra is classier. The Lambo is more like that joke about the aristocrats.

Quote:

No offence but I'm guessing you've never ridden in a real supercar. I've ridden in an XJ220 and an Aston Martin Virage, and both of them are a million times classier than a souped up (lime green) Toyota Supra. Just listen to the noise the Lamborghini makes, sounds like an angry bull, the Toyota sounds like a moped having a hissy fit
frown.gif

I've been in a few ferraris (355, 456, and something else from the 80s, I don't know what it was), a few lambos (gallardo, countach), a BMW 850CSI, that V12 benz roadster, and a few other exotics. They all sounded good. A heavily boosted Supra sounds good also, especially when it's kicking the ass of something like a lambo. Yeah, the lime green paint sucks, but if that car was BLACK, with some forged 18 and 19" BBS rims, the thing would look AMAZING, and classy, and it'd be way faster than a Lambo.

Apr 17, 2008 at 5:45 PM Post #45 of 141
Quote:

Originally Posted by cash68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Supra guys, on the other hand, are usually more like your average gearhead. They like doing work on their own cars, and they understand the basics of how the car actually works.

Because they are not the lambo driver with tons and tons of money generally, and save money by doing work themselves. People who drive lambos dont have time to do this stuff, and only enjoy driving something fast.

And who works on a car worth so much yourself?

All jobs are much bigger jobs on a Lambo.

And no, sorry, a car that sounds like a "scooter having a hissy fit" is not as classy as the sound of pure, expensive, luxurious, powerful v8's or 12's.

It looks and sounds like something a 20yr old would drive, not a 30 odd year old.

Also, the supra probably doesnt corner very well, and cost nearly as much tuned up.

Lambo is cool, tuned supras are not unless you are a teenager -yes i am 15, but i prefer classy, and expensive, fast, over lime green uncontrolable, cars that cant corner well, and hiss like a loud snake. Covered in useless, crappy looking so called "spoilers." Yeah, spoilers, useless bits of tacky looking body work are not spoilers, and also spoil the look of a car.

I guess i am slightly biased, but i have always been around fast cars, CL55 AMG, Sierra Cosworths, and also always been told about my dads older, fast cars.

I have been around nice cars, and now end up calling 300bhp mustangs crap, because i believe they are, yet when im driving, i guess i would give my right arm for one, even though they arent as good or classy, or well made as german, and some british cars.

Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back