Video: Lambo vs. Toyota
Apr 20, 2008 at 12:27 AM Post #136 of 141
Quote:

Originally Posted by rincewind /img/forum/go_quote.gif
cash68, you are a knob. Please take this comment, and run with it as far as you can - I like watching a mouse run in it's little wheel. In a perfect world (where I think maybe you reside), I would have the time to learn to do all my own work. In this world, I have some more important priorities. Maybe you've watched too much Fast and Furious where the lead characters all seem poverty stricken, but all get about in hottest up cars, all work done of course, by themselves (god knows WHEN and using WHAT tools, if they are working for THE MAN, ands scraping a paycheck together weekly for RENT). If this defines you're reality, then LOL.

Sorry, that's not my reality. My reality is I'm a student, as well as a car enthusiast. I go to dragstrips, autocross events, and pro rally competitions. I do as much work on my cars as I can, because it saves me money, and I don't trust other people. It's also fun, educational, and rewarding. None of my cars have fart cannons, none of them are ridiculously low. None of them have huge spoilers. None of them have hood scoops, blue lights, windshield banners, or any other stupid crap. They're all clean vehicles with subtle modifications that increase their abilities, and I'm proud of all of them. If you'd like to read more about them, knock yourself out:

Chicane_ - Chicane's Custom Garage on CarDomain - Somewhere, Wisconsin car pictures and photos at CarDomain.com

Apr 20, 2008 at 12:46 AM Post #137 of 141
I'm glad that's not you're reality, I was there not that long ago. NONE of those things are on my car either. I worked on a previous car when my time was not worth as much (rather than working). I too am working on a PB at my local circuit. And I trust my mechanic because I spent enough time at his workshop back in the day, to know he's legit and does a great job (his cars feature in national magazine here). This doesn't make me less of an enthusiast than you as far as I'm concerned.

BTW, hood scoops are a valid configuration on top mount intercooled cars. I know you mean scoops on the bonnets of 2L NA buzz buckets, simply for the looks. I also assume by 'fart cannon' you mean a huge muffler chucked on the end of a restrictive exhaust system which only adds noise, rather than a proper canon on a full 3.5" exhaust from the turbo back (like mine).

A lot of what you've said could do with clarification, and with being said on a car related forum, rather than on here, where OF COURSE the majority of posters will have less interest/knowledge in cars that you have. But then, this has been said already.

Apr 20, 2008 at 12:53 AM Post #138 of 141
I'm guessing you have a WRX?
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back