Video: Lambo vs. Toyota
Apr 19, 2008 at 9:46 AM Post #121 of 141
Quote:

Originally Posted by cash68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And one is cheap, the other is insanely expensive. One was built in the early 90s, the other is built today. What is your point? My point is that Supras are nice cars, and with a bit of money and effort become giant killers, capable of not only competing with cars 5x their price, but BEATING THEM on all fields.

And yesterday your point was it is more classy than the Lambo.
rolleyes.gif

Yes i agree, they can however the guy with the purple avvie is correct too and has a valid point however this debate was about class then enjoyment and satisfaction NOT enthusiasm. You keep changing and twisting the debate as you cant win.

Matt

Apr 19, 2008 at 1:02 PM Post #122 of 141
Quote:

Originally Posted by cash68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Exactly that. It's not only a product of your labor, but ALSO of your mind, your faculty of reason, and your ability to think. One who merely just slaves away for a paycheck and pays someone else to do the work for him does not achieve the same level of understanding or satisfaction. You hit the nail on the head.

Maybe I should have made my last post clearer. I am offended by your use of language in this thread. Use of such language offends whether you meant to insult or not, to a specific member or not.

I should not speak for all in this thread so I speak for myself. If I 'slave' away for a paycheck I do so to support my family and when funds allow I budget to enjoy some interests. Please consider as well that I (like many) am paid for talent, knowledge and creativity but in a field that has little applicability to what I consider my hobbies and interests. I take satisfaction from many things and to different levels depending on context. This is in no small part to the fundamental that satisfaction is personal. Your statement regarding understanding can be validated in some scenarios as perhaps there is no substitute for 'hands-on' experience. Your statement regarding satisfaction cannot be validated as it can never be an individual's right to assert their expectation of satisfaction on another.

PS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by scompton:
"I assume you do your own work."
Response from cash68:
"Negative. I do brakework... and stereo stuff. Occasionally I'll do suspension stuff, like springs or struts, but that's it. Everything else I pay someone else to do."

Apr 19, 2008 at 5:02 PM Post #123 of 141
I don't have a garage, so I only do things I can complete in a few hours. This summer I'll be pulling an engine and converting my old accord to EFI at a friend's house.

Apr 19, 2008 at 6:15 PM Post #124 of 141
You ought to buy a garage, otherwise you are not a car enthusiast, as you don't do all the work.

After all, real car enthusiasts, who do all of the work, even without a garage, wouldn't leave their cars out in the rain would they? Or would they be bad in your book, as they are only "fair weather" ethusiasts?

Maybe they use a car cover? Then they only pull the car out from under its rain cover and use it when it isnt going to get wet? Do you think they are bad, as they care for their cars, although are a bit "fair weather"?
rolleyes.gif

Apr 19, 2008 at 8:41 PM Post #126 of 141
Officially Ignored!

You are the most stubborn, ignorant, rude and annoying person i have ever met on the internet, and probably even in my whole life, and maybe i will ever meet. Not everyone has to believe what you believe, just leave it at that.

Why are you even here if you don't care about audio? What is your so amazing rig that you dont have on your profile, in your sig, and didnt explain in your bragging post?

I hope you eventually get a ban.

Apr 19, 2008 at 9:41 PM Post #128 of 141
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baines93 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Officially Ignored!

You are the most stubborn, ignorant, rude and annoying person i have ever met on the internet, and probably even in my whole life, and maybe i will ever meet. Not everyone has to believe what you believe, just leave it at that.

Why are you even here if you don't care about audio? What is your so amazing rig that you dont have on your profile, in your sig, and didnt explain in your bragging post?

I hope you eventually get a ban.

Fine with me. You seem to be a complete ****ing retard. I am currently in school and living in apartment without a garage. I do my own brakework, suspension, and other minor stuff on my vehicles. If I need exhaust work, I pay to have it done. That makes me not an enthusiast how? And when did I say people should be crawling around trying to fix something in the rain, or the winter? That'd be stupid, you'd end up with rusty tools. You made a strawman argument that didn't make any sense, and I called you on it. If you want to have an actual debate, fine, but please stop making dumb exaggerated claims that I have never stated.

I already posted my rig. It's here:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f11/ul...system-310569/

Apr 19, 2008 at 11:09 PM Post #129 of 141
Cash, that's a really nice system.

I see you do do work yourself, in all of your hobbies, so I can see how somebody who doesn't do things themselves would bother you, especially when they don't cvompletely understand where you're coming from. I completely understand. BUT, with that in mind, it is a bit on the harsh side to call names. I wouldn't resort to that, but I do understand how frustrating it is to not be able to convey your thoughts and get everybody on the same page.

As for the analogy made for not having a garage...that was a bit extreme, but the sarcasm was fairly funny, but it didn't make much sense, lol.

I just think it's funny how people don't think a Supra has class....that's just amazing to me...

Apr 19, 2008 at 11:45 PM Post #130 of 141
Yeah, it didnt make much sense, and after many edits i couldnt get my thoughts down as i wanted to in words, i agree to that, however i was taking cash's views to the extreme, sarcastiaclly. Cash obviously doent believe in his views in the extreme, a bit like people who have selective hearing, if you see what i mean.

Cash however has a fantastic rig, and i take back my comments, however i am offended by your language, and all through the argument you have been calling people retards, and the like. I don't use the word "retard" for a reason, but i dont need to explain myself to you, although anyone here that has read my views/comments carefully in this thread should have picked it up.

This is something close to home, that affects what i can do with someone, close, and not being able to do things he and i enjoy, but can only talk about, general stuff that others take for granted, like playing football with that person, that most kids do occaisionally when young, i have never been able to do that. And i also cant work on cars with that person, and cars is something we both love, although we talk about them, we cant work on them like he once could, so i cant do something i enjoy, and do it with that special person.

I still find you stubborn, and your comments and views are generally rediculous, however this started out about class, not satisfaction or enjoyment, which are totally different things fo that matter, and has got out of hand now.

I cannot see how my dad is not a car enthusiast. He owns a 507bhp car which he spent weeks testdriving. He can drive it well, and fast. He watches, and occasionally manages to go to motorsport with me. He however doesnt work on his own car, because he cant, like he once could, so i guess he is not a true car enthusiast? I stand by my view, you dont have to work on your cars to be an enthusiast, or enjoy a car. However i have worked on cars, actually, and yes, there is satisfaction after getting the job done.

Satisfaction doesnt have to come from working on a car only, but maybe managing to take your favourite corner faster than you have before, or something like that, and satisfaction isnt the only factor of enjoying a car either.

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
Anyway, that seems to be only my view, and i am only 15, and have never worked on a car, or driven a car
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

See the sarcasm^?

Matt

Apr 19, 2008 at 11:46 PM Post #131 of 141
Thanks for agreeing with me on some things. ie, his point about not having a garage didn't make any sense to me either. I think my main problem with people around here concerning vehicles is not that they're completely ignorant, but they actually believe they know what they are talking about, they're argumentative, and ignorant. That combination to me really ticks me off.

Apr 19, 2008 at 11:49 PM Post #132 of 141
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baines93 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, it didnt make much sense, and after many edits i couldnt get my thoughts down as i wanted to in words, i agree to that, however i was taking cash's views to the extreme, sarcastiaclly. Cash obviously doent believe in his views in the extreme, a bit like people who have selective hearing, if you see what i mean.

Cash however has a fantastic rig, and i take back my comments, however i am offended by your language, and all through the argument you have been calling people retards, and the like. I don't use the word "retard" for a reason, but i dont need to explain myself to you, although anyone here that has read my views/comments carefully in this thread should have picked it up.

This is something close to home, that affects what i can do with someone, close, and not being able to do things he and i enjoy, but can only talk about, general stuff that others take for granted, like playing football with that person, that most kids do occaisionally when young, i have never been able to do that. And i also cant work on cars with that person, and cars is something we both love, although we talk about them, we cant work on them like he once could.

I still find you stubborn, and your comments and views are generally rediculous, however this started out about class, not satisfaction or enjoyment, which are totally different things fo that matter, and has got out of hand now.

Matt

Okay... well thank you for responding to me in a more calm, rational manner. Because of that, I apologize for calling some people dumb, and I'm sorry if it offended you. I'll try to be more mature in the future, but it's hard when certain people who don't know what they are talking about think they know everything, when it's quite apparent they don't have a clue. It's very frustrating. Imagine me coming in here and saying my Bose system was all that and a bag of chips. I'm sure you'd feel similarly to how I feel about this thread, and about that stupid kid in the SUV thread who thinks he knows more than me.

Apr 19, 2008 at 11:55 PM Post #133 of 141
I have revised my post a bit, while you were posting.

This is my opinion only. Afterall another mans class can be another mans embarrasment. Just like beauty is in the eye of the beholder
smily_headphones1.gif
, and the way only you can decide on the headphone you like, based on the sound signiture you like. All personal.

Just my opinions of class, and my opinions and views of where satisfaction comes from and where enjoyment comes from, and my opinion on their simularity, which i believe is non-existant.

Anyway, almost 1am here, i apologise for my spwelling msitakse in thsi posts! lol.

Apr 20, 2008 at 12:00 AM Post #134 of 141
Also, i actually like some Bose speaker systems (The one in the CL) however i prefer my dads home cinema system in his tiny lounge. Kef speakers and subs, pioneer dvd player (plays burnt discs too) huge pioneer amp etc. Although the bose is good allround sound, better than the thumping bass systems i've heard, again, the bass is my personal preferance.

I i had been at head-fi before the stuff he got, i would have stretched his budget with some tube amps, and lots of other stuff, and even more expensive speakers!

Apr 20, 2008 at 12:09 AM Post #135 of 141
Quote:

you aren't a gearhead/enthusiast unless you turn your own wrenches when possible

cash68, you are a knob. Please take this comment, and run with it as far as you can - I like watching a mouse run in it's little wheel. In a perfect world (where I think maybe you reside), I would have the time to learn to do all my own work. In this world, I have some more important priorities. Maybe you've watched too much Fast and Furious where the lead characters all seem poverty stricken, but all get about in hottest up cars, all work done of course, by themselves (god knows WHEN and using WHAT tools, if they are working for THE MAN, ands scraping a paycheck together weekly for RENT). If this defines you're reality, then LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back