Apr 14, 2008 at 8:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 141

oicdn

Headphoneus Supremus
Looks like the lambo hit reverse, lol

Video from the Supra:
Toyota vs Lamborghini | Videos auf eblogx.com

Even worse view from the Lambo, lol.
Video "Lamborghini vs Toyota" | sevenload

Now I understand the whole "If you worked the Lambo as much, it wouldn't be much of a race", but fact is, it's not, and you could say the same about ANYTHING. "If my bicycle had $50 worth of jet thrusters on it, it'd beat that lambo..." Again, you could say the same about anything. And you only get a lambo and haul ass to show off. It sucks that both of those things got trumped is my point. It's not like it was going against a Civic. It was going against a car in it's class, granted a lower price bracket, but a specialized sportscar none the less.

Would I rather have the lambo? Sure would, but I would still kinda be pissed or embarassed if a Supra didn't walk, but STOMP all over me like I hit the brakes. That was like watching somebody on a sportbike chase down a Geo Metro.

Apr 14, 2008 at 9:31 PM Post #3 of 141
A ridiculous comparison as the supra is not standard.

Same class? How can a heavily modded supra be the same class as a V12, 4wd Italian Supercar? Does a modded Supra even have any class?

That video is also on streetfire.net and it seems the guy who owns the Lambo also owns the Supra.

Why are these videos always straight-line drags? Oh yes...probably because the crazy, turbo-lag happy, torque-less, pint pot wonders can't handle anything else. Or maybe not:

YouTube - Evo MR FQ400 vs Lambo Murcielago

Enjoy the whole vid for lag-tastic performance.

Apr 14, 2008 at 10:01 PM Post #4 of 141
supras have no class, so at the end of the day you are still driving a toyota.

Apr 15, 2008 at 4:46 AM Post #8 of 141
Quote:

Originally Posted by mercbuggy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A ridiculous comparison as the supra is not standard.

Same class? How can a heavily modded supra be the same class as a V12, 4wd Italian Supercar? Does a modded Supra even have any class?

Exactly, you have twice as many cylinders, and is a SUPERCAR. Shows how a turbo is a great equalizer.

Like I said....there's the experiance of owning a lambo...like an analogy given, you'll take the MV Agusta over the Honda CBR for the experience of the ride ANY DAY OF THE WEEK.

If I were to pick a bike for drag racing, or trying to prove anything, I'de be just as stupid to pick the MV, over say, a Busa. Yeah, the Busa is a dime a dozen, but it'd be foolish to NOT take it if your sole purpose is straight line highway rompin. And that's what these idiots are doing, straight line garbage.

But in cases like this, where you're out for "who's the fastest in a straight line on the highway"....bottom line is, the Lambo got worked and the Supra is the better tool for the job.....now pickin up the ladies. or whatever else, "Lambo please..."

Lag or not....bottom line is, the lambo got worked.

Apr 15, 2008 at 6:35 AM Post #9 of 141
Hmm.. I wonder which is better from a standing start? I'm guessing the Lambo has a better 4WD system than the Toyota. But still, doing that on a public road - lunacy.

I'd take the Lambo every time, but I'd still rather have a DBS than either
smily_headphones1.gif

Until then, I'll just tootle around town in my XB ;/

Apr 15, 2008 at 7:09 AM Post #10 of 141
Quote:

Originally Posted by wanderman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
supras have no class, so at the end of the day you are still driving a toyota.

+1

If I have the money, I'd get a Ferrari, not because its about speed, but its because it gives u a "status". IMO, I could care less if some street punk drives up with a SUPRA and dust me.

I personally would drive nice cars around SLOWER too, its a show car, I'm not interested in how fast it goes... cause at the end of the day, you dont usually see a SUPRA parked at a really nice restaurant or at a classical concert.

Apr 15, 2008 at 10:28 AM Post #11 of 141
Quote:

Originally Posted by TSi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
+1

If I have the money, I'd get a Ferrari, not because its about speed, but its because it gives u a "status". IMO, I could care less if some street punk drives up with a SUPRA and dust me.

I personally would drive nice cars around SLOWER too, its a show car, I'm not interested in how fast it goes... cause at the end of the day, you dont usually see a SUPRA parked at a really nice restaurant or at a classical concert.

It's all about "status" eh? Sad...

Apr 15, 2008 at 3:18 PM Post #12 of 141
Anybody who buys a Lambo, or Porsche, or Ferrari or any other car of the sort and drive it slow and/or just commute should be shot. Well, not shot, but you get the idea.

That's such a waste of a car and money. The car is designed to be pushed to the limits. It's designed to be flogged. It kills me to see people driving those cars, and it NEVER being driven like it's designed to be. Don't get me wrong, I don't think owning one of those gives you the right to drive like an idiot 24/7, but jeez, that car is dying in the garage. It's like buying a greyhound puppy and letting it live in a 1 bedroom apartment it's whole life. It doesn't have to be a racer, but jeez, it's cruel to not let it stretch it's legs every once in awhile!!!!

Here's some info on the Supra:

Lamborghini LP 640 vs. Toyota Supra (1200 PS)

l006.jpg

That turbo is the size of a helmet, lol.

Apr 15, 2008 at 5:52 PM Post #13 of 141
people should be able to drive their cars the way they want, but I would only get a car like that to drive it in a way that very few cars are capable of.

Apr 15, 2008 at 7:49 PM Post #14 of 141
Quote:

Originally Posted by craiglester /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'd take the Lambo every time, but I'd still rather have a DBS than either
smily_headphones1.gif

Until then, I'll just tootle around town in my XB ;/

MMM....DBS...I agree.
biggrin.gif

Apr 15, 2008 at 8:20 PM Post #15 of 141
Meh, Porsche all the way, love the handling, love the style, it's what a race car should be.

The Supra can be a very scary fast car, a buddy had his up to 900 HP, with the twin turbos, it gets unstable (drifts even while trying to drive straight if you press on the gas too hard) at above 4000rpm. So much power it's seriously scary!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back