Victor HP-FX500 Review: World's first Wood Canalphones
Oct 9, 2009 at 7:03 PM Post #856 of 1,087
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well they been vuagly on my want to hear list but not enough to wack down full price and order from japanland, fairly sure the sond sig wont be my favourite sort but what the hey

i think i have a problem

I felt the same, but I took the plunge and now I am in love with the FX500s.

Oct 9, 2009 at 10:39 PM Post #857 of 1,087
Initial Impressions:

A great change to the top & mid end of the spectrum, as chinesekiwi mentions, a tad of a disappointment with the bass compared to the RE's Silicone Bi-Flanges from HEAD-DIRECT (which have more resonane and body) that I've been enjoying of late.

It's going to be fun putting all the tips in my arsenal through their paces and noting SQ differences, strengths, and weaknesses.

AGAIN, these are INITIAL IMPRESSIONS.

One thing to note for these KOSS Silicone Earcushions... they fit perfectly on the HP-FX500s, are EXTREMELY COMFORTABLE, and have a "brightening" effect on the whole range or soundscape. For those of you that feel the HP-FX500s are too "dark" these might be the right tips for you.

EDIT #1:

I've switched from the LARGE Earcushions to the MEDIUM KOSS Earcushions... and am "finding" much more bass than I did on my 10 minute _INITIAL IMPRESSIONS_. Will be fun testing these out and comparing to all the other tips. These seem to have an expansive range upon a second listen and will probably end up near the top picks, now that I've found a size that seals well enough to allow bass to hum.

EDIT #2:

chinesekiwi is right... the Earcushions have a more open soundstage than the Sony Hybrid Silicones, and enough bass to be 'satisfying'. I think I'll just update this post at random until I get my notes together for the Full Tip Review for the Victor JVC HP-FX500.

Oct 10, 2009 at 12:11 AM Post #858 of 1,087
Thanks for the heads up FLACvest, I might have to try them out, though the stock medium silicons are extremely comfortable already.

Oct 10, 2009 at 3:42 AM Post #860 of 1,087
but now, you can get them shipped from seyo for total about 139$ usd! much better. if you go to a big box shop in japan, you will get ripped off. biccamera and yodobashi have somewhat competitive prices for japanese stuff when comparing it to the usa (sometimes, like sony walkman products, much more expensive 1/3 more in fact), but they will rip you off for anything when compared to street prices, or even some smaller shops.

if you are in japan, you should order from a small vendor - they are about 90-100 usd. but outside of japan, it isn't possible and we have to rely on good exporters: like seyo.

Oct 10, 2009 at 3:43 AM Post #861 of 1,087
but now, you can get them shipped from seyo for total about 139$ usd! much better. if you go to a big box shop in japan, you will get ripped off. biccamera and yodobashi have somewhat competitive prices for japanese stuff when comparing it to the usa (sometimes, like sony walkman products, much more expensive 1/3 more in fact), but they will rip you off for anything when compared to street prices, or even some smaller shops.

if you are in japan, you should order from a small vendor - they are about 90-100 usd. but outside of japan, it isn't possible and we have to rely on good exporters: like seyo.

Oct 10, 2009 at 9:19 AM Post #862 of 1,087
Just out of interest, is there any way to get a new set of the tips that come with the Victor?

I lost one of the medium tips because it flew off somewhere
frown.gif

The Default tips are the only way to experience the insane bass there is on offer IMO.

Oct 11, 2009 at 2:49 PM Post #863 of 1,087
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Blood_Raven /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the heads up FLACvest, I might have to try them out, though the stock medium silicons are extremely comfortable already.

I liked the stock medium tips too, the only issue was that I started to have problems with them wanting to slip out after a few weeks of use. The Koss Earcushions are just as comfortable for me and so far I haven't had any issues with them slipping and losing the seal.

Oct 12, 2009 at 12:14 AM Post #865 of 1,087
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

HAHA yodobashi and bicamera were exactly where i went! I thought some of that stuff was a rip-off on account of the ATH-EW9's were selling for $210 usd.

Oct 12, 2009 at 12:47 AM Post #866 of 1,087
yeah, both stores are only good prices (like BB) when on sale. What they do well is hold everything under the same roof - that is simply phenomenal. I would go to test out new headphones (if you can hear with all that loud banging in the background) or find a product i needed to demo, then order it elsewhere as it is too bloody expensive (1/3 to 50% more).

Oct 12, 2009 at 1:58 PM Post #870 of 1,087
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jazz9 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is there a way to get the KOSS Silicone Earcushions outside of the US?

I am also very interested in trying these but i can't buy them in uk. Anyone knows where can I order them or have a spare pair to sell ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back