Victor HA-FW10000: 10th Anniversary model
Aug 3, 2019 at 2:10 AM Post #796 of 1,217
So some of the reviewers that love the IER-Z1R, seem to hate this iem. Meaning chances are pretty good that my take on it will be opposite, and I will love the FW10K.
Has anyone here had a chance to listen to the RHA CL2? A comparison would be much appreciated.
Thank you

Never heard the CL2, but I have both the Z1R and the FW10000 and love them both. They're quite a different sound of course, but I would have a hard time believing someone who liked one truly hated the other. They complement each other well and I reach for one depending on mood.

-Collin-

Aug 3, 2019 at 7:22 PM Post #798 of 1,217
My quest into cable testing for FW10000 still continues. It still amazes me how much FW10K reacts to cable upgrade. When it comes to cables I basically look into where the cables the cable maker sourced from. If they are keeping it hidden and are not willing to share with me who manufacturers their cable or in case they are claiming it is their design from start to end without certification, I call BS on it. Basically majority of "cable' makers out their source their raw cable from NEOTECH and very few talk about it.

OC studio providely talks about where they source their cable and don't hide it. This naturally makes it harder for them to over inflate their prices as we get a chance to see how much the raw cable cost and do the math our self.

Anyways, a while ago I bought a set of cable from OC studio, and a mystery cable arrive. It was a gift from David, and since at that time I was only reviewing what I bought, i thanked him for his generosity and did not use the cable. Looking at his site I thought I was sent the OC AuX. In the site it is advertised a smooth and I simply could not hear it. I heard a lot of treble detail, lot of micro-detail and as a result I was little confused, happy with the result but disagreed with how they described it. Until yesterday where I stumbled across the OC studio Grace 2 which is an old flagship cable of them, and the detail of this cable finally match what I hear from this cable.

Now do I like how it changes FW10K, time would tell, but this is one detail monster cable, specially in treble region. The bass reminds me of PW 1960 cable.

Aug 4, 2019 at 11:08 AM Post #799 of 1,217
Hi seeteeyou,

Yes, Phatlab Phantasy ll is a special designed portable amps with balanced output transformer, which can provide a suitable current for different headphones from 30-600 ohm.cm, the same position of volume for both like IEMs and HD820, but not ok for those lower then 30 ohm IEMs.

When drive HD820 compare to GS X Mkll , only the bass is deeper with more dynamic, the rest difference are not significantly , but I do think phantasy ll not good enough for other requires high current headphones, then GSX is better .

Thanks

Eddie

Hi Eddie,

So sorry to hear that Phantasy II does not work for lower than 30 ohm IEMs. I am thinking about trying it with the FW10000....

Aug 4, 2019 at 8:39 PM Post #800 of 1,217
My quest into cable testing for FW10000 still continues. It still amazes me how much FW10K reacts to cable upgrade. When it comes to cables I basically look into where the cables the cable maker sourced from. If they are keeping it hidden and are not willing to share with me who manufacturers their cable or in case they are claiming it is their design from start to end without certification, I call BS on it. Basically majority of "cable' makers out their source their raw cable from NEOTECH and very few talk about it.

OC studio providely talks about where they source their cable and don't hide it. This naturally makes it harder for them to over inflate their prices as we get a chance to see how much the raw cable cost and do the math our self.

Anyways, a while ago I bought a set of cable from OC studio, and a mystery cable arrive. It was a gift from David, and since at that time I was only reviewing what I bought, i thanked him for his generosity and did not use the cable. Looking at his site I thought I was sent the OC AuX. In the site it is advertised a smooth and I simply could not hear it. I heard a lot of treble detail, lot of micro-detail and as a result I was little confused, happy with the result but disagreed with how they described it. Until yesterday where I stumbled across the OC studio Grace 2 which is an old flagship cable of them, and the detail of this cable finally match what I hear from this cable.

Now do I like how it changes FW10K, time would tell, but this is one detail monster cable, specially in treble region. The bass reminds me of PW 1960 cable.
Thank you for your review.
Would you recommend it over the stock cable?

Aug 5, 2019 at 8:33 AM Post #803 of 1,217
Thanks. Apart from the OC Studio, do you have any recommendations?
I think it's hard to get the OC studio in my area.
If you are in Japan please try NIDEON NMC-400, Rosenkranz cable rbbg, Wangua forsty ship and onso cables.
Oyadie online store from time to time has amazing diy ready to ship, keep your eye for those cablea
S.

Aug 5, 2019 at 4:16 PM Post #805 of 1,217
If you are in Japan please try NIDEON NMC-400, Rosenkranz cable rbbg, Wangua forsty ship and onso cables.
Oyadie online store from time to time has amazing diy ready to ship, keep your eye for those cablea
S.
I have the Wagnus flagship Omnisheep, it works so great withFW10000. Comparing to my U18t with Horus8, it's like the two side of the world LOL.

Aug 26, 2019 at 6:55 PM Post #807 of 1,217
Any news on the JVC 4.4mm balanced cable?

Sep 1, 2019 at 3:22 PM Post #810 of 1,217
Anyone can compare these to the Fearless Audio Roland?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back