Victor HA-FW10000: 10th Anniversary model
May 13, 2019 at 1:22 AM Post #693 of 1,217
Hybrid silver: Tri silver x6 or Cleo 8w I heard it’s good with the low end and add warmth to thin and light bass iem
Copper: Personally I recommend brise audio yatono (perfect match imo) or asuha (newly introduced, cost/performance choice, very very good according to many in japan)
Using right now: 1960 4w (what I currently have on hand that’s satisfactory. I am looking forward to getting the yatono 8w to replace the pw 1960 4w. May change it to 2pin for my ciem. Honestly, I do not recommend pw audio cable as they are way over priced in terms of cp. try have 1 or 2 cables that are of good quality but still too much imo

May 13, 2019 at 1:32 AM Post #694 of 1,217
Hybrid silver: Tri silver x6 or Cleo 8w I heard it’s good with the low end and add warmth to thin and light bass iem
Copper: Personally I recommend brise audio yatono (perfect match imo) or asuha (newly introduced, cost/performance choice, very very good according to many in japan)
Using right now: 1960 4w (what I currently have on hand that’s satisfactory. I am looking forward to getting the yatono 8w to replace the pw 1960 4w. May change it to 2pin for my ciem. Honestly, I do not recommend pw audio cable as they are way over priced in terms of cp. try have 1 or 2 cables that are of good quality but still too much imo
So I just ordered the PW 1960 2 wire cable. What are your thoughts on that? And how much does the yatono cable retail for?

Really interesting, the similarities between the CL2 and the FW10K.
Both seemingly sound like crap with SPC Cables, and need a decent amount of power to be driven properly.

Last edited:
May 13, 2019 at 2:46 AM Post #695 of 1,217
1960 2w(4cores) is good! I would say yatono 4w(4cores) is more solid and tighter, hit harder on bass, no coloration, retains the treble, smooth out the peak a bit but detail and sound stage goes further! I compared the 60 4w and yatono 8w together with 10k for almost an hour, and I totally regret that I didn’t buy the yatono 8 w straight away as I was thinking going to Japan myself to get it there. However, asuha just came out and won lots of praises, cheaper too! They are all copper only cable

May 13, 2019 at 8:23 AM Post #696 of 1,217
Both YATONO 8wire and ASUHA won't work with SU-AX01 without an adapter, IMHO the obvious choice should be waiting for JVC to release their own balanced cables with dual-3.5 plugs.

I tell you this if jvc makes a 10000 headphone Ill biy two right now. Im lazy, I like plopping a headphone on my head, so I sold all my iems. The 10000 os the only iem I would use if I had to use an iem.
Maybe Onkyo SN-1 could be the answer?

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/vic...nniversary-model.891366/page-27#post-14767208
The SN-1 comes closer to the FW10K. SN-1 has fantastic slightly bright leaning and warm mids that are emotional. Imaging, staging and overall detail is great, though may be too much for some.
I couldn't find Onkyo / Pioneer on this list so most likely SN-1 won't appear in Kowloon Bay later this week

http://www.music-union.com/2019/05/13/avf2019音響展-參展商名單/

May 13, 2019 at 9:52 AM Post #698 of 1,217
Both YATONO 8wire and ASUHA won't work with SU-AX01 without an adapter, IMHO the obvious choice should be waiting for JVC to release their own balanced cables with dual-3.5 plugs.

Maybe Onkyo SN-1 could be the answer?

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/vic...nniversary-model.891366/page-27#post-14767208I couldn't find Onkyo / Pioneer on this list so most likely SN-1 won't appear in Kowloon Bay later this week

http://www.music-union.com/2019/05/13/avf2019音響展-參展商名單/

The SN-1 is fantastic. Hope I can get to hear it again. Put it next to 800 & ADX5K and I liked the Onkyo the best.

Subtonic Audio Cutting-edge artisanal in-ear monitors for discerning listeners. Proudly designed and manufactured in Singapore. Stay updated on Subtonic Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Subtonic.Audio https://www.instagram.com/subtonicaudio https://subtonic.audio support@subtonic.audio
May 13, 2019 at 4:07 PM Post #699 of 1,217
Has anyone any experience on how this new Victor flagship works with Onkyo and Pioneer portable players? JVC HA-FW01 sounds really good especially from balanced out with Onkyo Granbeat CMX1 and quite nice even with PioneerXDP-20.

May 14, 2019 at 3:20 AM Post #700 of 1,217
Will like to hear more comparison with FW01. Maybe a balanced copper cable will help. Something EA Ares 2 is a start.

I decided to put them back on the burn. Right now at hour 480, some of the “shoutiness” has gone down. Basically when someone raises their voice on a song, the way it hits your ears is soft and not as abrupt as before. An example of this is the opening words of this song: “first thing, Monday morning, I’m gonna pack my tears away”.

The bolded normally hits your ears harder with the FW01.

With some (usually older) recordings they sound so magical and open that it doesn’t feel like I’m wearing anything at all. Sometimes like a completely different earphone from the FW01. As good as those are, they don’t have that “open” sound.

As for the bass it is still more restrained than the FW01, but at times can output the same kind of teeth-chattering bass when the song calls for it, so the bass almost seems to come out of nowhere. This is with the single-ended cable.

Last edited:
May 14, 2019 at 4:01 AM Post #701 of 1,217
I decided to put them back on the burn. Right now at hour 480, some of the “shoutiness” has gone down. Basically when someone raises their voice on a song, the way it hits your ears is soft and not as abrupt as before. An example of this is the opening words of this song: “first thing, Monday morning, I’m gonna pack my tears away”.

With some (usually older) recordings they sound so magical and open that it doesn’t feel like I’m wearing anything at all. Sometimes like a completely different earphone from the FW01. As good as those are, they don’t have that “open” sound.

As for the bass it is still more restrained than the FW01, but at times can output the same kind of teeth-chattering bass when the song calls for it, so the bass almost seems to come out of nowhere. This is with the single-ended cable.

The older recordings are not brickwalled.
The loudness war syndrome of the newer recordings can sound harsh with monitors that are too transparent.
Garbage in = Garbage out

Does anybody know if JVC will be at CanJam SoCal?

Last edited:
May 14, 2019 at 10:07 AM Post #703 of 1,217

Price wise between FW01 and FW10K, getting the FW10K doesn't seems like good value.

May 14, 2019 at 10:16 AM Post #704 of 1,217
Price wise between FW01 and FW10K, getting the FW10K doesn't seems like good value.
Then go for the cheaper one, then you go for the expensive one then you ended up paying more. Audiophile logic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back