Victor HA-FW10000: 10th Anniversary model
Apr 18, 2019 at 11:15 AM Post #511 of 1,217
Amazon Japan had 3 of these left, so I pulled the trigger. I had planned to purchase them this month when the new stock arrived, and I actually dreamt this morning about owning them.:L3000: Delivery is pegged for some time next week.

Edit 4/19/2019:
AFZQEPh.jpg

And they’re officially out of stock again...

7qsjfW3.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2019 at 12:49 AM Post #513 of 1,217
I wasn't sure what to expect when I got these. Listening to them so far:

-Bass is fine, but a step behind the FW01.
-Sound is more spacious, coherent, and surprisingly more detailed than the FW01. Things just seem to float in space in a more coherent way than the FW01.
-They merely sounded okay with stuff like hip-hop, but really came to life with anything using real instruments such as rock.

They are better than the FW01, but not by leaps and bounds from what I hear so far. I should mention though that my FW01 have several hundred hours on them and are balanced-out, no doubt benefitting from the extra power of the SU-AX01. Both earphones are designed to take advantage of the additional power in balanced mode.

I'm listening to the FW10000 via the single-ended cable. And it sounds more spacious than the FW01 that I listen to balanced-out.

After I swapped the cables, the sense of space was even more exaggerated, and there was some improvement in the bass, all in high-intensity mode (blue light). The sound is very "3D". If they're like the FW01, then they'll take several hundred hours until they sound their best. Right now they're ahead, but not by leaps and bounds. I'll have to switch the cables back just to be able to burn them in the coming days/ weeks.

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2019 at 12:57 AM Post #514 of 1,217
I wasn't sure what to expect when I got these. Listening to them so far:

-Bass is fine, but a step behind the FW01.
-Sound is more spacious, coherent, and surprisingly more detailed than the FW01. Things just seem to float in space in a more coherent way than the FW01.
-They merely sounded okay with stuff like hip-hop, but really came to life with anything using real instruments such as rock.

They are better than the FW01, but not by leaps and bounds from what I hear so far. I should mention though that my FW01 have several hundred hours on them and are balanced-out, no doubt benefitting from the extra power of the SU-AX01. Both earphones are designed to take advantage of the additional power in balanced mode.

I'm listening to the FW10000 via the single-ended cable. And it sounds more spacious than the FW01 that I listen to balanced-out.

After I swapped the cables, the sense of space was even more exaggerated, and there was some improvement in the bass, all in high-intensity mode (blue light). The sound is very "3D". If they're like the FW01, then they'll take several hundred hours until they sound their best. Right now they're ahead, but not by leaps and bounds. I'll have to switch the cables back just to be able to burn them in the coming days/ weeks.
Needs power

Apr 23, 2019 at 1:49 AM Post #515 of 1,217
Needs power

I’d say it’s a combo of power (dual-balanced cable) and burn-in. I had issues with the FW01 too until one day the sound completely matured and they started sounding incredible. The funny thing is the raw FW10000 already sound better in most ways even in single-ended mode where they’re not getting the same power. The sheer detail and lack of congestion of the sound is a little spooky to me. I’m not worried at all about them.

For now I have to keep these on the single-ended just to leave them at home and burn them in. I’ll get a new CN-HM01MB later.

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2019 at 1:57 AM Post #516 of 1,217
This thing got bass. Not in the sense of volume but sound pressure. The tactile impact due air movement with natural decay associated with dynamic driver sans the boominess. Yet it doesn’t sound warm!

crap, I don’t even know what I’m writing but you get the point, hopefully.

Apr 23, 2019 at 1:55 PM Post #517 of 1,217
This thing got bass. Not in the sense of volume but sound pressure. The tactile impact due air movement with natural decay associated with dynamic driver sans the boominess. Yet it doesn’t sound warm!

****, I don’t even know what I’m writing but you get the point, hopefully.

Oh I do. I love the bass from the FW01, and I expect that these will improve over time, like my FW01.

I’ve been burning them in all morning, and as I listen to them now, I get a better sense of what people find so spectacular about them. Even running them using the single-ended cable, there’s no doubt that they are head and shoulders above the FW01 in balanced, which is saying a lot IMO.

Running them out the SU-AX01 with high-intensity mode and K2 switched on, it’s tough to put them down.

Apr 28, 2019 at 1:00 AM Post #518 of 1,217
Today, there’s about 120 hours on the FW10000. Earlier I would have said that the bass is the biggest shortfall. Lacking a powerful bass limits their appeal as all-rounders. Today it sounds much better, but I doubt it will catch the FW01 unless I put more hours on it and eventually run it balanced. It’s not exactly a fair comparison. Even when I listen to them unbalanced there’s no doubt that between it and the FW01, it’s the better earphone.

The sound is cleaner. Space is better. Separation is better. Details are better. Realism is better. Remember that this is with just a single-ended cable. I’m very tempted to swap cables and use them for day to day use, but they should burn in some more. The bass is exactly as deep, but lacking some of the thundering power. These will be a real treat when I get another cable.:L3000:

Apr 28, 2019 at 2:10 AM Post #521 of 1,217
Wow, I just have to say that despite how they may sound and all, these are ****ing beautiful and a piece of art.
Im a headphone guy, but when I wanted a iem that can hold its own only the jvc10000 could compete.

Apr 28, 2019 at 2:13 AM Post #522 of 1,217
Im a headphone guy, but when I wanted a iem that can hold its own only the jvc10000 could compete.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/has...r-is-it-now-higher-than-its-ever-been.905580/

https://old.reddit.com/r/headphones...the_bar_for_audiophile_sound_been_lowered_or/

I'm starting to have my doubts on what can and can't hang. Hence my "despite how they may sound" part. The audio scene is becoming VERY interesting and SUPER competitive. Get a pair of the CCA C16 if you can, I think you might be pleasantly surprised..

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2019 at 2:24 AM Post #523 of 1,217
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/has...r-is-it-now-higher-than-its-ever-been.905580/

https://old.reddit.com/r/headphones...the_bar_for_audiophile_sound_been_lowered_or/

I'm starting to have my doubts on what can and can't hang. Hence my "despite how they may sound" part. The audio scene is becoming VERY interesting and SUPER competitive. Get a paid of the CCA C16 if you can, I think you might be pleasantly surprised..
buy what you believe will be good then you will know if your belief was real.

Apr 28, 2019 at 2:36 AM Post #524 of 1,217
buy what you believe will be good then you will know if your belief was real.

Oh, it's not belief, it's fact. These $86 Aliexpress IEM's hang with anything I've had costing 5-10x more. Easily.

Not me discounting the JVC's at all either...the Woody line has always been a favorite (owned the 850's and 1000's) but ultimately they were sold in favor in my Chinese MusicMaker Shockwave 3's...$250 5-driver hybrids that today were crushed by these $86 CCA C16's.

Anyways, not trying to start anything or nothing...I'm just in a bit of shock myself. Was not expecting my whole world view on audio price/performance to flip upside down. The JVC's look amazing...they LOOK amazing...just wish I could hear them.

Apr 28, 2019 at 2:40 AM Post #525 of 1,217
Oh, it's not belief, it's fact. These $86 Aliexpress IEM's hang with anything I've had costing 5-10x more. Easily.

Not me discounting the JVC's at all either...the Woody line has always been a favorite (owned the 850's and 1000's) but ultimately they were sold in favor in my Chinese MusicMaker Shockwave 3's...$250 5-driver hybrids that today were crushed by these $86 CCA C16's.

Anyways, not trying to start anything or nothing...I'm just in a bit of shock myself. Was not expecting my whole world view on audio price/performance to flip upside down. The JVC's look amazing...they LOOK amazing...just wish I could hear them.
Understood, for me I dont care one bit on looks, colors or price. Only focus is sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back