Victor HA-FW10000: 10th Anniversary model
Dec 30, 2018 at 3:48 AM Post #136 of 1,217
Today I had time to play with TH900, and was i surprise. Going from TH900 to FW10000, TH900 sounded uneven and off. I went back to TH900 and swap to FW10000, it sounded had the quality of a wide U, with sucked in mids. FW10000 is now competing on headphone levels.

I'm happy, as now I can work around it, and build a system around that.

Dec 30, 2018 at 4:06 AM Post #138 of 1,217
do any of those shops ship internationally

All of the Hong Kong dealers that I know of (including DMA and Jaben HK) will happily ship internationally for a fee. Shipping from Hong Kong is extremely cheap - think less than $50 for a small package to practically anywhere in the world.

Dec 30, 2018 at 4:07 AM Post #139 of 1,217
do any of those shops ship internationally
The shops only has a demo unit and if one likes to buy one then one has to place a deposite. Unit arrives in Jan.

Dec 30, 2018 at 4:08 AM Post #140 of 1,217
All of the Hong Kong dealers that I know of (including DMA and Jaben HK) will happily ship internationally for a fee. Shipping from Hong Kong is extremely cheap - think less than $50 for a small package to practically anywhere in the world.
Jaben (MK) , DMA, Lets Go Audio, ECT have none in stock.

Dec 30, 2018 at 4:12 AM Post #141 of 1,217
Jaben (MK) , DMA, Lets Go Audio, ECT have none in stock.

Yeah, the FW10000 has been so popular that the first batch basically sold out on preorders. I'm surprised that they didn't sell the in-store demos.

Dec 30, 2018 at 4:18 AM Post #142 of 1,217
wish for an iem that has meze empyrean sound signature :)

the bass is present in quantity and quality
mids are all clear no muddiness, and are full rich
highs are detailed but never harsh
and big soundstage
musical

i can't deal with eq anymore as I got soiled by meze perfect tuning so my next iem must be as well like that

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2018 at 5:15 AM Post #143 of 1,217
It is so strange for a brand (JVC) with no market presense in consumer electronics, audiophile or TOTL portable audio (at least in Indonesia) to suddenly come out with a pair of ultra high-end iem that supposedly bested everything else in the market.. i still remember people on the next door thread making claims that Solaris are the best iems ever, etc.. LOL

How would these JVC FW10k compare with the PP8 for reference monitoring?

I haven't heard the JVC FW10k (yet) and will remain skeptical until I've at least seen a FR-graph.

That said, JVC certainly have the technical skill to make an ultra high-end IEM. Even their much lower priced FD01 model is excellent. Just google for "JVC FD01 best", if you want to read more about it.

Dec 30, 2018 at 5:50 AM Post #145 of 1,217
As a FD01 owner, FW10000 is certainly different, less aggressive, a lot less aggressive.
What do you mean by the word "aggressive"?

Dec 30, 2018 at 6:21 AM Post #147 of 1,217
Treble is a lot more energetic on FD01.

FD01's treble is extremely aggressive. One of the brightest IEMs I know out there. Within 20 mins my ears are fatigued. FW10K fares way better with regards to fatigue.

Subtonic Audio Cutting-edge artisanal in-ear monitors for discerning listeners. Proudly designed and manufactured in Singapore. Stay updated on Subtonic Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Subtonic.Audio https://www.instagram.com/subtonicaudio https://subtonic.audio support@subtonic.audio
Dec 30, 2018 at 7:58 AM Post #148 of 1,217
this will be the first time i would consider jvc, usually with big name companies such as sony, senn, jvc, i am always thinking bout how mids sound and if the mids are drowned with bass and harsh highs, i am glad sony is making great iems now from what I read, and to hear jvc produced a greta iem is good news as well that rivals the big name like empire ears and other is welcomed

Dec 30, 2018 at 8:55 AM Post #149 of 1,217
FD01's treble is extremely aggressive. One of the brightest IEMs I know out there. Within 20 mins my ears are fatigued. FW10K fares way better with regards to fatigue.

That's why I use DIY-filters with the FD01, which make them more neutral. I wonder how much of an upgrade the FW10K are over FD01 with DIY-filters.

Dec 30, 2018 at 11:25 PM Post #150 of 1,217
That's why I use DIY-filters with the FD01, which make them more neutral. I wonder how much of an upgrade the FW10K are over FD01 with DIY-filters.
I tried your mod, which like always, certainly an improvement. But the tonality of FD01 and FW10000 are completely different. FD01 is about upper register, and fast bass, the other is about producing a natural sound, with a bass decay that flirts perfectly between fast and slow.

I'm trying to find faults in FW10000 sonically, I simply can't. Sure I like a more of a wider sound, but the depth honestly is done so right, that I know making any difference in soundstage will certainly alter the sound, which means I'm happy with the sound.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back