Vibro Labs Introduction, USA tour, and Head-Fi discount!
Aug 10, 2016 at 12:53 PM Post #241 of 344
Luke I think there's usually a meet in Nashua, nh area as well. Too bad none in Boston from what I've heard.

I held a meet earlier in the summer! I'll try to hold another one in a month or so

Aug 11, 2016 at 10:32 PM Post #243 of 344
Loaner received. I added the comply tips into the package as well.

Aug 16, 2016 at 2:13 AM Post #245 of 344
My review of the Aria is now up:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/vibro-labs-aria-quad-armature-in-ear-monitor/reviews/16638
Luke, thanks for offering this great opportunity to review the Aria. 
beerchug.gif

Aug 16, 2016 at 8:52 AM Post #246 of 344
Aug 16, 2016 at 12:11 PM Post #247 of 344

Thanks for the review! Glad to hear you really enjoyed the Aria.

I noticed you pointed out that Vibro Labs has only one IEM model... that is true! For now.... 
wink.gif

You bet!

Looking for ward to the new IEMs Luke. Btw, will you be attending RMAF CanJam?

Aug 22, 2016 at 7:17 PM Post #248 of 344
http://www.head-fi.org/products/vibro-labs-aria-quad-armature-in-ear-monitor/reviews/16693

I have posted my objective review above in which I compare it with two other IEMs in the same price bracket(new & used). Thank you for allowing me to participate in the review. I look forward to what lies ahead for the Aria.

Aug 23, 2016 at 7:20 AM Post #249 of 344
http://www.head-fi.org/products/vibro-labs-aria-quad-armature-in-ear-monitor/reviews/16693

I have posted my objective review above in which I compare it with two other IEMs in the same price bracket(new & used). Thank you for allowing me to participate in the review. I look forward to what lies ahead for the Aria.

None of your comparable IEM's are the same price point, both are $1000 new verse $600 new for Aria. The rest is personal but neither are in the same price category.

Aug 23, 2016 at 9:29 AM Post #250 of 344
None of your comparable IEM's are the same price point, both are $1000 new verse $600 new for Aria. The rest is personal but neither are in the same price category.

You see people compare different price point iems all the time. You say it like its something new. The 846 goes for $750 new if you know where to look. Reshelling a used UERR after impressions can cost $600 which are both comparable to the Aria. Sure MSRP-wise they're high but being a few years old, nobody pays for those prices anymore. Also, no idea what you're saying as personal. I've only written what I've heard.

Aug 23, 2016 at 8:02 PM Post #252 of 344
You see people compare different price point iems all the time. You say it like its something new. The 846 goes for $750 new if you know where to look. Reshelling a used UERR after impressions can cost $600 which are both comparable to the Aria. Sure MSRP-wise they're high but being a few years old, nobody pays for those prices anymore. Also, no idea what you're saying as personal. I've only written what I've heard.

Only stated sound is personal preference, I own Noble savant's, aria, shures 535, sold 846 (mostly because I couldn't stand the constant hiss unless I'm using my home DAC, which for me defeats the travel use of IEM's), sennheiser ie80, ie800. So not everyone loves the same sound signature, I also own hd800 which I love and find have a no way near similar sound to the uerm. If properly amped the hd800 have great bass and a very large soundstage, two things the uerm does not have. That's why sound is personal you hear something different than I hear.

Aug 23, 2016 at 8:58 PM Post #253 of 344
I'm wondering if there is a tuning variance from when I reviewed them. All this discussion about recessed lower midrange, I don't doubt the general consensus if they are hearing them this way. But, if you read my review and measurements there wasn't a dip in this area with the pair I had. Is there anyone on the tour that can do a measurement of some sort to see if the Aria is measuring this way?

Cheers guys (and gals)

Aug 23, 2016 at 9:03 PM Post #254 of 344
I happen
Only stated sound is personal preference, I own Noble savant's, aria, shures 535, sold 846 (mostly because I couldn't stand the constant hiss unless I'm using my home DAC, which for me defeats the travel use of IEM's), sennheiser ie80, ie800. So not everyone loves the same sound signature, I also own hd800 which I love and find have a no way near similar sound to the uerm. If properly amped the hd800 have great bass and a very large soundstage, two things the uerm does not have. That's why sound is personal you hear something different than I hear.

I can assure you that @jjacq is amping her HD800s properly. And her Stax. And her LCD3. She is no spring chicken, either, when it comes to headphones. Although, her loss of her LCD2.1 was my gain.

Audio definitely is a personal journey, but I will say that @jjacq's descriptions of headphones and IEMs that I also own or have extensive time with match my own perceptions fairly closely.

Aug 23, 2016 at 9:09 PM Post #255 of 344
I'm wondering if there is a tuning variance from when I reviewed them. All this discussion about recessed lower midrange, I don't doubt the general consensus if they are hearing them this way. But, if you read my review and measurements there wasn't a dip in this area with the pair I had. Is there anyone on the tour that can do a measurement of some sort to see if the Aria is measuring this way?

Cheers guys (and gals)

As far as I know, there has been no production tuning change. I have an experiment@l tuning in my customs, but those aren't officially an ARIA. So, they should sound the same.

I measured the tour ARIA with my Veritas and there is no visible dip on the spectrum. That being said, I really do perceive a dip in the lower mids, and I observed this before talking with anyone about it. I shared my thoughts with @ustinj who confirmed that he heard the same thing (he didn't tell me his impressions first, so I wasn't primed and expecting any issues).

The stock tune is great for EDM. I happen to prefer the experimental tune that I have, but that is that. Everybody is going to have a different sound signature that they prefer and is going to hear things slightly differently. To me, I definitely perceived a drop in the lower mids when compared to the bass and treble, and for me that was not desirable. I know that that doesn't bear out in the measurements, but it is what I hear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back