Verum Audio - Exciting high performance DIY planar
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 4, 2020 at 5:03 PM Post #1,186 of 1,486
I have no complaints with these cans. Amazing sounds. I like listening to music at night while I’m trying to get to sleep. I have to position these headphones just right as I’m laying down due to the weight. Otherwise I never noticed that I have them on and fall asleep. At this point I don’t regret passing on the Sundara.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2020 at 5:10 PM Post #1,187 of 1,486
I have no complaints with these cans. Amazing sounds. I like listening to music at night while I’m trying to get to sleep. I have to position these headphones just right as I’m laying down due to the weight. Otherwise I never noticed that I have them on and fall asleep. At this point I don’t regret passing on the Sundara.
I was also considering the Sundara, but like you feel I've made the right choice. Given what all the HFM headphones I've owned sounded like, it is very unlikely the Sundara would have mimicked the sound of the Verums, and the frequency response graph only confirms that. Nothing wrong with the Sundaras, pretty sure they sound good, but they sound different.

Jan 9, 2020 at 5:06 PM Post #1,189 of 1,486
I find the supplied cable for the Verum to be to short for my use. Is there a longer inexpensive non exotic replacement cable available that would fit the bill? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This is a 3 meter cable. I have the dual 2.5mm version that I use with my M1060 and I have a shorter (1.5 meter) dual 3.5mm version that I use for my Focal Elear. They are pretty good quality and are quite robust. It's available in variety of lengths and as a dual 3.5mm (under the "size" option) depending on what revision of Verum you have. https://smile.amazon.com/NEW-NEOMUSICIA-Replacement-Compatible-HE-400i(2-5mm/dp/B01N5O8S4M

Jan 9, 2020 at 6:05 PM Post #1,190 of 1,486
After a bit more listening, I still really like these headphones. The smooth yet resolving signature is perfect for hours of listening, be it for simple enjoyment or careful analyses.

They're a great complement to my more aggressive sounding CB1. The Verums' bass is a little lean. Some instruments like acoustic and electric basses sound amazing with great bodies, while others like kick drums can come off a little weak, depending on where they're centered.

Likewise, given the smoothness in the treble, the energy of the music doesn't get as intense, say with epic tracks, or full blast rock, so the experience stays relaxed and never quite translates to on-the-edge moments

I am not complaining though and recognize that making changes to the signature would have likely taken away from its strengths, and it remains a great all rounder.

I'd still recommend it over other, similarly priced headphones, where it is nice to be supplemented by a more fun sounding or aggressive /exciting set of headphones.

I'll definitely keep following Garuspik and intend to support him when the Verum 2 comes out, or whatever the next project will end up being. If the price - performance stays this strong, it's a no-brainer, IMO :)

Jan 9, 2020 at 6:29 PM Post #1,191 of 1,486
Do these actually exist? I was certain it was an optical illusion. I ordered a set and it's not existing.

Jan 10, 2020 at 5:13 AM Post #1,193 of 1,486
Might be the DAC? Or the song. In general, these are definitely not harsh headphones.

Jan 10, 2020 at 6:38 AM Post #1,195 of 1,486
Yesterday I got the alternative pads, what a Surprise. The sound change in a neutral-natural way, the timbre of acoustic instruments became more real-like. The sound stage Is grown in amplitude and depth. The details in the tracks are clearer and Verum lost a bit of treble that sometimes came a bit strong.
In the other side are lost a bit of the peculiar bass and the hitting attack impact that I really like expecially in rock and generally in percussive music. I think I Will use for my listening principally the perforated and I'll change when impact and strong bass are needed...It takes 20 seconds

Jan 10, 2020 at 7:12 AM Post #1,196 of 1,486
I think I Will use for my listening principally the perforated and I'll change when impact and strong bass are needed...It takes 20 seconds

Yeah i think it's great that the pads are so easy to swap, but after going back and forth alot in a few days i came to the conclusion that although the perforated pads sound more natural they kinda suck the life out of music compared to the original pads.

Jan 10, 2020 at 7:40 AM Post #1,198 of 1,486
Yesterday I got the alternative pads, what a Surprise. The sound change in a neutral-natural way, the timbre of acoustic instruments became more real-like. The sound stage Is grown in amplitude and depth. The details in the tracks are clearer and Verum lost a bit of treble that sometimes came a bit strong.
In the other side are lost a bit of the peculiar bass and the hitting attack impact that I really like expecially in rock and generally in percussive music. I think I Will use for my listening principally the perforated and I'll change when impact and strong bass are needed...It takes 20 seconds

you mean the stock pads?

Jan 10, 2020 at 7:48 AM Post #1,199 of 1,486
Any particular pads recommendations? I was considering the Alpha or Ori pads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back