Verum Audio - Exciting high performance DIY planar
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 8, 2019 at 6:13 PM Post #946 of 1,486
I saw online that some Verum 1 owners are using the ZMF Universe Perforated Lambskin pads and like them very much. If anyone has tried these with the Verum 1, it would be great if you would share your impressions compared to the stock pads.
I have the ZMF Ori perforated lambskin, ZMF Universe perforated lambskin and Brainwavz XL micro suede that I have tried on them. I love the universe pairing. The universe and ori are both better than the stock by a wide margin. first, they are way more comfortable; larger ear opening and more breathability. also the stock pads don't really add the bass extension that I would think a solid leather pad would, so you don't really lose anything. I don't notice any change on the bass, as the seal isn't that awesome on stock for me. highly recommend the universe pairing.

Oct 9, 2019 at 12:48 AM Post #947 of 1,486
I have the ZMF Ori perforated lambskin, ZMF Universe perforated lambskin and Brainwavz XL micro suede that I have tried on them. I love the universe pairing. The universe and ori are both better than the stock by a wide margin. first, they are way more comfortable; larger ear opening and more breathability. also the stock pads don't really add the bass extension that I would think a solid leather pad would, so you don't really lose anything. I don't notice any change on the bass, as the seal isn't that awesome on stock for me. highly recommend the universe pairing.
Thank you!
Did you have difficulty switching the magnetic pad rings back and forth from the stock pads to the ZMF pads when you were comparing them? I would expect it wouldn't be all that easy to stretch the pads over the rings.

Oct 9, 2019 at 1:09 AM Post #948 of 1,486
Thank you!
Did you have difficulty switching the magnetic pad rings back and forth from the stock pads to the ZMF pads when you were comparing them? I would expect it wouldn't be all that easy to stretch the pads over the rings.

actually it is pretty easy swapping. the ori pads are a pretty tight fit, but the universe is about perfect. zero challenge. I imagine the eikon pads would be even a tad easier.

Oct 10, 2019 at 6:44 PM Post #949 of 1,486
recently purchased a pair of the carbon ones from the website. is it just paying and waiting for it to arrive?

because i didn't even get an order confirmation email after the payment was successful through the payment vendor.

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2019 at 7:43 AM Post #950 of 1,486
I'm also currently trying out the following EQ settings for Equalizer APO:
(Added airy sub-bass +6dB. Added treble +3.5dB. Slight tweaks in low bass & high mids)

Harman EQ for Verum with Perforated Pads
Preamp: -13.5 dB
Filter: ON LSC 0.31 dB Fc 6 Hz Gain 6 dB
Filter: ON LSC 20 dB Fc 28 Hz Gain 7.5 dB
Filter: ON PK Fc 55 Hz Gain -2.6 dB Q 0.4
Filter: ON PK Fc 930 Hz Gain -2.5 dB Q 5
Filter: ON PK Fc 2000 Hz Gain 2.5 dB Q 3
Filter: ON PK Fc 4500 Hz Gain 4 dB Q 0.65
Filter: ON PK Fc 5000 Hz Gain -1.6 dB Q 3

Flat Bass EQ for Verum with Perforated Pads
Preamp: -7.5 dB
# Filter: ON LSC 0.31 dB Fc 6 Hz Gain 6 dB
Filter: ON LSC 20 dB Fc 28 Hz Gain 7.5 dB
Filter: ON PK Fc 55 Hz Gain -1.1 dB Q 0.4
Filter: ON PK Fc 930 Hz Gain -2.5 dB Q 5
Filter: ON PK Fc 2000 Hz Gain 2.5 dB Q 3
Filter: ON PK Fc 4500 Hz Gain 4 dB Q 0.65
Filter: ON PK Fc 5000 Hz Gain -1.6 dB Q 3

Hope this should satisfy those of us still waiting for oratory1990's EQ for the Verum 1.

6D5682B1-7D6D-46E4-83F4-3042CCA27929.jpeg

(My Verum 1 with perforated pads, ONSO cable, atop Groovemade headphone stand)

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2019 at 9:21 PM Post #951 of 1,486
recently purchased a pair of the carbon ones from the website. is it just paying and waiting for it to arrive?

because i didn't even get an order confirmation email after the payment was successful through the payment vendor.

ive sent an email to him via his website contact form. reply was very fast. apparently the wayforpay payment successful email acts as order confirmation. looking forward to receiving them now :)

Oct 13, 2019 at 12:01 AM Post #954 of 1,486
yeah i'm kinda disappointed in usps seeing no movement since 9/26 and i sent them 7/29 for repair. no way to tell if they've even left the usa either. the ukraine tracking won't even come up using the customs number as it's been saying "not found in system". it just gives a blank now.

Oct 13, 2019 at 12:00 PM Post #956 of 1,486
yeah i'm kinda disappointed in usps seeing no movement since 9/26 and i sent them 7/29 for repair. no way to tell if they've even left the usa either. the ukraine tracking won't even come up using the customs number as it's been saying "not found in system". it just gives a blank now.
Hey man sorry to hear that. The tracking was not showing up for me after they left my country but was updated when it was delivered in Ukraine.

Oct 13, 2019 at 1:01 PM Post #957 of 1,486
Hey man sorry to hear that. The tracking was not showing up for me after they left my country but was updated when it was delivered in Ukraine.
yeah i got to hear them for almost a week and was very happy. i had to do the light tap on each cup once and they were perfect. Garuspik (Igor) had me return them as he said tap was only temporary fix. the thing that gets me is its been 10 weeks lol.
when they didn't update from aug 4th on sept 18th garuspik offered to replace them. so i offered and made an occ copper cable and occ silver cable to offset his costs. sent next day and then the day after the headphones scanned in los angeles then scanned 2 more times all stating departing los angeles. so at this point on sept 26th is the last scan stating "in transit" for cables package and headphones box. the ukraine post tracking now does not show anything after spinning stops. and another international still quotes "in transit" so i'm still hoping for the best. usually once a year i have issue with usps international but its rare.

Oct 20, 2019 at 7:45 AM Post #959 of 1,486
These headphones keep amazing me every day. Garuspik could easily charge over 1k for the type of sound you're getting. They beat out my ZMF Aeolus in every area which is significantly more expensive. They're a all around better headphone than the LCD-2F and 2C as well.

Oct 20, 2019 at 8:16 AM Post #960 of 1,486
These headphones keep amazing me every day. Garuspik could easily charge over 1k for the type of sound you're getting. They beat out my ZMF Aeolus in every area which is significantly more expensive. They're a all around better headphone than the LCD-2F and 2C as well.
Couldn't agree more - just keep it down on the pricing :) These scale sooooo well with a great amp - it's amazing. I sold my 2C and a couple of others as a result!

Seeing you have a very interesting collection there...how do you find your listening time between all your headphones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back