VentureCraft new DDC/DAC Go-DAP DD Socket 1 product
Mar 6, 2014 at 11:10 PM Post #542 of 594
Just one, can chose from OPA627, MUSE01 and MUSE02.   
I was led to believe that I might not be able to simply swap because some of the better opamps need higher voltage or whatever than my basic DD 275 can muster. Is there any truth in that?

Mar 6, 2014 at 11:32 PM Post #543 of 594
I was led to believe that I might not be able to simply swap because some of the better opamps need higher voltage or whatever than my basic DD 275 can muster. Is there any truth in that?

From what I know, all the dd socket (blue, not the limited edition 12v black version) is 9v and uses the same AKM AK4353 chip. Copy and post from the product description "One of the unique features of Go-Dap DD Socket1 is that opamp is replaceable so that one can pursue his/her own sound preference (*Replacing opamp(s) must be performed at his/her own risk: opening up the unit expires its warranty)."

Mar 7, 2014 at 12:14 AM Post #545 of 594

AnakChan please try to convince the good folks if VC to release an updated version of their limited edition dd socket 1, something that can compete with the cypher labs that can be set as laptop DAC, that would be sweet!

i really like the sound of my ddsocket1, so darn enjoyable with great detailing. Micro detail can be a touch lacking but can be enough with the right iem.

Originally Posted by Fungus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Plus the fact that you can't charge it while in use. I would highly recommend you swapping out the stock 275 to the 627, sounds fantastic and to me, more of an improvement then all of my previous portable amp upgrades with my ipod. Strangely when using it with my ipod ,I'm getting a shorter run time. 

Sadly I think there's actually no more development to the DD. I'm not certain if they will have successor plans for it at the moment. Of course after I post this I'm sure some time in the future this will come to bite me back to prove me wrong (I hope!).

Silly question time. How many op amps do I need? A friend might be going to Japan soon so I might get him to pick up 627 or muse for me. Thanks.

Originally Posted by Fungus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Just one, can chose from OPA627, MUSE01 and MUSE02.   

Originally Posted by georgelai57 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Originally Posted by Fungus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  From what I know, all the dd socket (blue, not the limited edition 12v black version) is 9v and uses the same AKM AK4353 chip. Copy and post from the product description "One of the unique features of Go-Dap DD Socket1 is that opamp is replaceable so that one can pursue his/her own sound preference (*Replacing opamp(s) must be performed at his/her own risk: opening up the unit expires its warranty)."

You'll need a pair of OpAmps for L/R channels - may it be Muses01, Muses02, or if you go for the OPA627AU you'll need a daughterboard 'cos the pinout is different. There's a shop in Akiba that sells the Muses01/02 so if you wanna PM me I can tell you which shop.

I don't think the 275's sold anymore as VentureCraft actually offered upgrades to 627 to the retailers who bought the 275's. If you have a 275, it'll probably mean it was an early DD. It's actually the Muses01 that's most voltage (power?) hungry. The others aren't so much.

All blue DD's are 9V whilst all black (LE?) are 12V. Yes they all use the same AK4353 DAC. The Blue DD's are actually a little smaller in size than the black ones. If you get the larger black DD you have enough room to put in a 627SM (round metal cap version) even. Those will not fit into the blue DD's.

Mar 7, 2014 at 12:24 AM Post #546 of 594
Sadly I think there's actually no more development to the DD. I'm not certain if they will have successor plans for it at the moment. Of course after I post this I'm sure some time in the future this will come to bite me back to prove me wrong (I hope!).

You'll need a pair of OpAmps for L/R channels - may it be Muses01, Muses02, or if you go for the OPA627AU you'll need a daughterboard 'cos the pinout is different. There's a shop in Akiba that sells the Muses01/02 so if you wanna PM me I can tell you which shop.

I don't think the 275's sold anymore as VentureCraft actually offered upgrades to 627 to the retailers who bought the 275's. If you have a 275, it'll probably mean it was an early DD. It's actually the Muses01 that's most voltage (power?) hungry. The others aren't so much.

All blue DD's are 9V whilst all black (LE?) are 12V. Yes they all use the same AK4353 DAC. The Blue DD's are actually a little smaller in size than the black ones. If you get the larger black DD you have enough room to put in a 627SM (round metal cap version) even. Those will not fit into the blue DD's.
Thanks for the detailed explanation. I'll probably settle for the Muses since that's what a friend is getting. Cheers.

Mar 7, 2014 at 12:59 AM Post #548 of 594
  Sorry georgelai57 for misinforming you about the number of opamps required, my apologies 

No problem. That's why head-fi.org is a great place for learning. Cheers.

Mar 7, 2014 at 8:52 AM Post #549 of 594
So, VentureCraft gets the batteries from PSE (http://www.psebattery.com/). However the batteries are customised for VentureCraft from the circuit protection perspective. We're more than welcome to mail PSE directly but they may not be able to provide the circuit protection mechanism that is done for VentureCraft - well I've not tried asking but any of you guys who are willing to take up the challenge are more than welcome to mail and ask them :D.

Mar 12, 2014 at 12:42 PM Post #550 of 594
My dd battery is not holding a charge anymore, so I may going this route.but not anytime soon, since I have a CLAS/mk2 stack and the Centrance m8 coming in April...I rarely used dd anymore, but I like going back to and changing ip the devices every now and then.if I do replace the battery, it will probably be so I can put it up for sale.

Mar 12, 2014 at 9:16 PM Post #551 of 594
My dd battery is not holding a charge anymore, so I may going this route.but not anytime soon, since I have a CLAS/mk2 stack and the Centrance m8 coming in April...I rarely used dd anymore, but I like going back to and changing ip the devices every now and then.if I do replace the battery, it will probably be so I can put it up for sale.

How old is your DD? Is it still under warranty and how did you buy your DD?

Mar 12, 2014 at 10:21 PM Post #553 of 594
I don't remember how long ago it was, but I'm sure it hasn't been a year yet.i bought from amazon, and if changing out the op amp voids the warranty, then no it's no longer under warranty

Mar 21, 2014 at 2:08 AM Post #554 of 594
I'm having a battery-drain issue. When I have my ipod nano 6g connected to the dd, I'm only a little over 4 hours of play time. At first I thought the ipod itself may be faulty so tested it by playing music thought the headphone jack and gave me over 15 hours. Is this normal? I would of thought by bypassing ipod dac and amp and using as a transport would increase battery life, not the opposite.   

Users who are viewing this thread

Back