VentureCraft Go-DAP DAC/Amp /Series: Go-DAP X (13th May 2012) and Go-DAP TT (21st May 2013)
Jun 21, 2013 at 11:28 PM Post #466 of 507
Quote:
What was the Typhoon like with the MH335DW then? Was it really that bad? I have one on pre order that I plan on using with the JH13, Have I made a mistake?

The Typhoon wasn't bad with the MH335DW but sounded thinner than I expected. Mind you the whole day I had been listening to the MH335DW with my RWAK100 so switching to the Typhoon I didn't get that sense of "thick" and depth I had with the RWAK100. Mind you the RWAK100 is behind my DX100 still so that means comparing between the DX100 and Typhoon, the difference would be more obvious.

Quote:
Where can I purchase this case???

You can't. VentureCraft never made them in the end as they were too expensive to make. They almsot gave me one back in Feb but it turned out that their own VentureCraft digital LOD wouldn't fit in there - the LOD was made -after- the case was designed.

Jun 22, 2013 at 12:43 AM Post #467 of 507
Quote:

The Typhoon wasn't bad with the MH335DW but sounded thinner than I expected. Mind you the whole day I had been listening to the MH335DW with my RWAK100 so switching to the Typhoon I didn't get that sense of "thick" and depth I had with the RWAK100. Mind you the RWAK100 is behind my DX100 still so that means comparing between the DX100 and Typhoon, the difference would be more obvious.

You can't. VentureCraft never made them in the end as they were too expensive to make. They almsot gave me one back in Feb but it turned out that their own VentureCraft digital LOD wouldn't fit in there - the LOD was made -after- the case was designed.

thinner sound ?? yay , I love it :)) . Anyway , are you want to say the dx100 is superior to the typhoon ??? I didn't find the dx100 has thick sound at all

Jun 22, 2013 at 2:50 AM Post #468 of 507
Quote:
thinner sound ?? yay , I love it :)) . Anyway , are you want to say the dx100 is superior to the typhoon ??? I didn't find the dx100 has thick sound at all

Probably a bad choice of words. What I meant was the DX100 has a "fuller" sound.

Jun 24, 2013 at 9:02 AM Post #470 of 507
I have a few questions regarding everyone's general experience with Venturecraft as I own the "V-Modatized" versions of the GoDAP4 and GoDAPX and have had a few issues.

How would you rate the overall build quality of Venturecraft products compared to other premium portable amps?

What would cause crackling, like the sound of listening to scratchy vinyl, with Iphone 4 and GoDAPX?

It is NOT wifi interference since that sound would be more static than crackling and I set on airplane mode, but still have the crackling.
It may or may not be the cable- I used the stock Apple cable with no interference, but the 30-pin to USB cable that came with Verza and another cheap OEM cable did produce crackling.  There is no crackling with the same tracks direct through Iphone 4.  Could a low quality cable cause crackling?

Also, regarding my Verza/GoDAP X, I can still listen through my Iphone 4 regardless if the left lever is set to Iamp or USB/DAC.  Is this normal or could this be an issue with the circuitry that is also causing the crackling?

Thank you in advance for your feedback.  I am trying to avoid sending one of my amps back to V-Moda yet again.

Jul 1, 2013 at 7:28 AM Post #472 of 507
Here is my review on Go-Dap TT. 
biggrin.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/products/venturecraft-go-dap-tt/reviews/9226

Jul 1, 2013 at 7:38 AM Post #473 of 507
Jul 1, 2013 at 9:09 AM Post #474 of 507
Quote:
Nice job. Any profile pix to compare the size of the TT next to the X please? Think it'll give the X & Verza owners an idea.

Also any noise when using the USB Audio? I -think- the TT is a 4-layer PCB which should be an improvement over the X (2-layer). But don't quote me on that. I may have gotten the PCB layers between the TT & Typhoon mixed up.

This one should do. The thickness is about the same as ALO the National

I don't have any issue with RF while using TT on both iDevice or USB. On X, I usually turn everything to air plane mode to avoid RF issue.

Jul 5, 2013 at 11:35 AM Post #475 of 507
I have a quick charging question about the Go-Dap X and/or SounDroid Typhoon when using an iDevice/Android.

Is the unit capable of being charged while in use?  Also, can the unit itself be charged while also charging the iDevice/Android simultaneously?

The reason behind these questions is in the event I'm on an international flight that's 12+ hours, I'd like the ability to be able to use it the entire time without futzing around too much with connections and whatnot.  Most international carriers give access to power plug in flight so ideally, i'd connect from power to the Go-Dap to keep it charged, and the Go-Dap will keep my iDevice/Android charged while i'm watching movies or listening to music.

Thanks for any input.

Jul 5, 2013 at 12:29 PM Post #476 of 507
Quote:
I have a quick charging question about the Go-Dap X and/or SounDroid Typhoon when using an iDevice/Android.

Is the unit capable of being charged while in use?  Also, can the unit itself be charged while also charging the iDevice/Android simultaneously?

The reason behind these questions is in the event I'm on an international flight that's 12+ hours, I'd like the ability to be able to use it the entire time without futzing around too much with connections and whatnot.  Most international carriers give access to power plug in flight so ideally, i'd connect from power to the Go-Dap to keep it charged, and the Go-Dap will keep my iDevice/Android charged while i'm watching movies or listening to music.

Thanks for any input.

iDevice (or more precisely, iPhone) yes although it'll probably charge up to about 70% from a flat iPhone before the battery is drained. There's not enough oomph to fully charge the iPhone. One thing to note is that I don't believe you can charge the X and use it as a DAC/Amp simultaneously. I believe they are mutually exclusive operations.

For Android (ok seems Samsung Galaxy S3, but not S4), you can use the X only as a battery charger, but not use for charging and listening simultaneously (not listening through the X anyway).

Using the X's battery for just the DAC/Amp (but not charging the iDevice) it lasts for about 7 hrs anyway so 12+ hrs is quite a stretch.

Jul 5, 2013 at 2:18 PM Post #477 of 507
Quote:

Thanks for any input.

Probably can't for both case. When you connect to the power source through micro USB, the unit will switch to charging mode and DAC/Amp will turn off. It won't be able to charge iDevice in that mode either. The only way to charge X and listen to the music at the same time is through PC DAC mode.

Typhoon will only goes up to about 10 hours.

Aug 5, 2013 at 11:04 AM Post #479 of 507
VentureCraft Go-DAP TT Hybrid tube, tube roller kits just came up in e-earphone's blog (thanks to @takoyaki's tweet) :-

http://ameblo.jp/e-earphone/entry-11585649405.html

Thompson 6111

Sylvania 6111

Raytheon 5703

Aug 5, 2013 at 12:30 PM Post #480 of 507
Quote:
VentureCraft Go-DAP TT Hybrid tube, tube roller kits just came up in e-earphone's blog (thanks to @takoyaki's tweet) :-

http://ameblo.jp/e-earphone/entry-11585649405.html

Thompson 6111
Sylvania 6111
Raytheon 5703

Already got the 5703 but want to try those Thompson and Sylvania. I'm curious what are the difference between those two but, right now, I'm still preferred Raytheon 5703 over 6111.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back