VentureCraft Go-DAP DAC/Amp /Series: Go-DAP X (13th May 2012) and Go-DAP TT (21st May 2013)
Nov 9, 2012 at 8:14 PM Post #136 of 507
Sounds interesting. Any more grabbers lol? This looks to be an opportunity of a lifetime to get ones feet wet without having to pay a premium before demoing :).

Nov 11, 2012 at 10:36 AM Post #137 of 507
Quote:
Sounds interesting. Any more grabbers lol? This looks to be an opportunity of a lifetime to get ones feet wet without having to pay a premium before demoing :).

Very interested in trying it out. If it sounds good, will sell the Studio V3 to fund since this can work with my MBA too.

Nov 14, 2012 at 10:02 PM Post #138 of 507
Quote:

Very interested in trying it out. If it sounds good, will sell the Studio V3 to fund since this can work with my MBA too.

Hello Randius,Greeting from Japan!
once the USA tour is over. Will gladly send GODAP X along with newly released  

or wish to test DAP DD first let me know,  will arrange 

Nov 14, 2012 at 11:45 PM Post #139 of 507
Quote:
Hello Randius,Greeting from Japan!
once the USA tour is over. Will gladly send GODAP X along with newly released  

or wish to test DAP DD first let me know,  will arrange 

Now that is extremely interesting! The DD certainly gets my attention but if possible, will like to try them both together :)

Nov 15, 2012 at 3:02 AM Post #140 of 507
Quote:

Now that is extremely interesting! The DD certainly gets my attention but if possible, will like to try them both together :)

You can't. The Go-DAP X won't take input from the DD. The Go-DAP X is a DAC/Amp combined and can't be used as a DAC-only, nor as an Amp-only (but you can use it as a transport optical out to another DAC).

The DD Socket 1 is like the CLAS - takes an iDevice and outputs single ended to an external amp. Or it can do what the Go-DAP X does to - take an iDevice and output optical or coax to another DAC.

More info on the DD Socket 1 here, I put the info a month ago :-

http://www.head-fi.org/t/631997/venturecraft-new-ddc-dac-go-dap-dd-socket-1-product

Nov 15, 2012 at 3:08 AM Post #141 of 507
Quote:

You can't. The Go-DAP X won't take input from the DD. The Go-DAP X is a DAC/Amp combined and can't be used as a DAC-only, nor as an Amp-only (but you can use it as a transport optical out to another DAC).

The DD Socket 1 is like the CLAS - takes an iDevice and outputs single ended to an external amp. Or it can do what the Go-DAP X does to - take an iDevice and output optical or coax to another DAC.

More info on the DD Socket 1 here, I put the info a month ago :-

http://www.head-fi.org/t/631997/venturecraft-new-ddc-dac-go-dap-dd-socket-1-product

I think I didn't put it across clearly. I meant to say trying them out side-by-side, not having one input to the other 
tongue.gif

Nov 15, 2012 at 3:23 AM Post #142 of 507
Quote:

I think I didn't put it across clearly. I meant to say trying them out side-by-side, not having one input to the other 
tongue.gif

Ah, like in the picture I had in the DD Socket 1 thread. Sorta hard to compare 'cos you can't separate the amp from the X. However the DAC chip's the same in both as per the DD thread. (P.S. although the DD page says it has an OpAmp OP-275, it's not headphone amp out).

Nov 15, 2012 at 4:54 AM Post #143 of 507
Quote:

Ah, like in the picture I had in the DD Socket 1 thread. Sorta hard to compare 'cos you can't separate the amp from the X. However the DAC chip's the same in both as per the DD thread. (P.S. although the DD page says it has an OpAmp OP-275, it's not headphone amp out).

If that's the case, then I think it will be up to me to decide, depending on usage. But most probably I will be trying out the X, as I will want to keep my setup to the most compact possible.

Nov 18, 2012 at 5:20 AM Post #144 of 507
A few questions to the lucky owners of the Go Dap X:
- how many hours using this unit with an iDevice (battery autonomy)?
- will the elastic bands fit to an Iphone5 as there is no space between the button and the screen of the phone?? Or where can you buy the leather case pictured above (few pages back)?? I guess you cannot use the camera anymore with it..
- do you think the USB <--> miniUSB cable could work properly with this lightning adapter http://store.apple.com/fr/product/MD820ZM/A/adaptateur-lightning-vers-micro-usb?fnode=45 because the Apple original USB cable is very/too long??
- I cannot make a choice between the red and black unit as I cannot try them... Any advice? (I'll use this combo dac/iphone5 with Amperior SH)
:rolleyes:

Nov 18, 2012 at 6:59 PM Post #145 of 507
Quote:
A few questions to the lucky owners of the Go Dap X:
- how many hours using this unit with an iDevice (battery autonomy)?
- will the elastic bands fit to an Iphone5 as there is no space between the button and the screen of the phone?? Or where can you buy the leather case pictured above (few pages back)?? I guess you cannot use the camera anymore with it..
- do you think the USB <--> miniUSB cable could work properly with this lightning adapter http://store.apple.com/fr/product/MD820ZM/A/adaptateur-lightning-vers-micro-usb?fnode=45 because the Apple original USB cable is very/too long??
- I cannot make a choice between the red and black unit as I cannot try them... Any advice? (I'll use this combo dac/iphone5 with Amperior SH)
rolleyes.gif

- Mine last about 8 hours in AMP only mode.
- With my iphone 4s, elastic band work fine. If you want to use camera, you have to detach it from the Go-Dap X.
- miniUSB probably won't work since the adaptor is microUSB. I think that VentureCraft already test that configuration (short USB <--> microUSB. http://venturecraft.jp/gadget_jp/index.php. scroll down to see the cable.). They even have special sale for that configuration at one of their event in tokyo.
- I got the red one but also try the black version too. My impression is that red version will have less bass than what you get from the black one but the red one doing much better in mid and high frequency.

Nov 18, 2012 at 7:17 PM Post #146 of 507
Quote:
- Mine last about 8 hours in AMP only mode.
- With my iphone 4s, elastic band work fine. If you want to use camera, you have to detach it from the Go-Dap X.
- miniUSB probably won't work since the adaptor is microUSB. I think that VentureCraft already test that configuration (short USB <--> microUSB. http://venturecraft.jp/gadget_jp/index.php. scroll down to see the cable.). They even have special sale for that configuration at one of their event in tokyo.
- I got the red one but also try the black version too. My impression is that red version will have less bass than what you get from the black one but the red one doing much better in mid and high frequency.

Just to add the Black X I tested came with a USB cable to connect to the computer.
I used most of the time as a USB DAC/AMP with my IEMs and it did a very, very good job. Really opened up all the songs that went thru it.

I did not use it on the go much.....

Nov 19, 2012 at 2:53 PM Post #147 of 507
Thanks both of you for the advices 
wink.gif
 I'll go for the red unit! I just sent a mail to VentureCraft about their homemade cable (Lightning) to know if they can provide it with the unit.. (7000 yens if i'm not wrong..) If it's not possible i've found Double Helix Cables site: they build at your own length a Lightning/USB cable into a quality material (but shipping is damn expansive to Europe 
angry_face.gif

Nov 19, 2012 at 6:33 PM Post #148 of 507
I am trying to decide on the following DAC/AMP to pair with my Unique Melody Miracle's and my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 via USB out. Thus the DAC portion is just as important as the AMP portion. How would you rate the total sound quality of the GO-DAP X with the following. I would like to make a purchase for Christmas, but seem to have analysis paralysis at the moment.

Leckerton UHA-6S.MKII
Venturecraft GO-DAP X
RSA Emmeline "The Predator"
Pico Portable DAC/AMP

Nov 19, 2012 at 6:41 PM Post #149 of 507
Quote:
I am trying to decide on the following DAC/AMP to pair with my Unique Melody Miracle's and my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 via USB out. Thus the DAC portion is just as important as the AMP portion. How would you rate the total sound quality of the GO-DAP X with the following. I would like to make a purchase for Christmas, but seem to have analysis paralysis at the moment.

Leckerton UHA-6S.MKII
Venturecraft GO-DAP X
RSA Emmeline "The Predator"
Pico Portable DAC/AMP

Can only speak to the Go DAP X ~ Black and Miracles. I thought they complimented each other well. Absoloutly no problem 'pushing' them. As a USB DAC/AMP i could not turn the volume more than 40% or too loud. At the lowest setting the sound was smooth even no imbalance.

With iPhone and iPod, the volume seemed even stronger.

I found the sound quality very good. It does not seem that such a detailed and rich sound can come from something so small but it does.

Listening to a wall wart DAC/AMP right now.......keep telling myself that this should sound better.....not sure that it does.

Nov 19, 2012 at 6:57 PM Post #150 of 507
Quote:
Can only speak to the Go DAP X ~ Black and Miracles. I thought they complimented each other well. Absoloutly no problem 'pushing' them. As a USB DAC/AMP i could not turn the volume more than 40% or too loud. At the lowest setting the sound was smooth even no imbalance.

With iPhone and iPod, the volume seemed even stronger.

I found the sound quality very good. It does not seem that such a detailed and rich sound can come from something so small but it does.

Listening to a wall wart DAC/AMP right now.......keep telling myself that this should sound better.....not sure that it does.

Thank you for your reply. I am hoping a few other people will have some opinions. I was just about to pull the trigger on the Leckerton when I started reading that the AMP portion is of the best on the market, while the DAC portion leaves a bit to be desired. I would rather pay more for a higher quality unit, rather than be disappointed with a cheaper item. Either way, I want a single box portable solution. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back