VentureCraft Go-DAP DAC/Amp /Series: Go-DAP X (13th May 2012) and Go-DAP TT (21st May 2013)
Oct 28, 2012 at 7:58 PM Post #121 of 507
Quote:
I believe so.

I asked and it seemed that they said yes, but lets also wait and see...... it could have been lost in translation.

I also asked whether they will sell it by itself(lod) and they said yes.

I've just gotten one with Burr Brown to try and am ABing it vs the HP-P1 as I write. (no LOD cable included and in fact I'm using the white standard Apple sync/charging cord because it so much easier to keep plugging and unplugging when going back and forth)

My hat is off to you guys who can so succinctly evaluate and then express in writing what you hear. Just when I think I've nailed a difference, whether it is bass, separation, clarity.......I compare again with a different song/artist and it changes again. LOL 
Funny but also very frustrating when trying to make a decision.

Oct 29, 2012 at 1:15 AM Post #123 of 507
The fancy LOD is definitely not included as standard as that's a USD$100-120 cable :wink:. Whether they stock a standard one I'm not certain.

I'll ask them when I'm back in Tokyo tomorrow - getting my newborn blessed, & de-gaijin-ise in a shrine out of town.

Nov 1, 2012 at 10:02 AM Post #124 of 507
Quote:
The fancy LOD is definitely not included as standard as that's a USD$100-120 cable :wink:. Whether they stock a standard one I'm not certain.
I'll ask them when I'm back in Tokyo tomorrow - getting my newborn blessed, & de-gaijin-ise in a shrine out of town.

Please also confirm the international shipping detail for us :)
Quite looking forward to this

Nov 6, 2012 at 12:03 AM Post #125 of 507
Sorry for the late response...its is up and available for international purchase. Please see here :-

http://venturecraft.jp/gadget_en/gdx.php
[Click on the Go-DAP X on the left]

If there are specific shipping questions, I'd recommend you to mail VentureCraft.

Nov 6, 2012 at 10:24 PM Post #127 of 507
Quote:
I picked it up before leaving Tokyo... is it any good? Haven't even opened the box yet.

V-moda Vamp (tweaked GO-Dap 4) was extraordinary with the AKG K242HD, apparently the X is not far off. It should be good. 

Nov 8, 2012 at 2:20 AM Post #130 of 507
Quote:
I thought the X was quite good. I posted my impressions a few pages back.

worth the hefty $500 price tag?

In Japan it's ~$375. & for the functionality of iDevice & USB DAC/Amp. I personally feel yes.

On the VentureCraft page it's listed as $465, I believe that includes shipping. And as I found out recently shipping items with battery via services that will accept lithium batteries is extremely expensive.

Nov 8, 2012 at 3:21 AM Post #131 of 507
Quote:
In Japan it's ~$375. & for the functionality of iDevice & USB DAC/Amp. I personally feel yes.
On the VentureCraft page it's listed as $465, I believe that includes shipping. And as I found out recently shipping items with battery via services that will accept lithium batteries is extremely expensive.

where did you find it for $375? even on amazon.co.jp it's listed at 32,800 JPY(410 USD)

Nov 8, 2012 at 4:29 AM Post #133 of 507
Quote:
That price probably based on the promotion at headphone festival in tokyo two weeks ago. You can get Go-Dap X for 29800 JPY (~375 USD).

I found that X is a good deal (price per performance) compare to the Solo+Rx MkIII.

well dac + amp under 400 is a pretty good deal. Since I don't live in Japan, I can't get X under $430 shipped. I can't imagine paying $555 USD for X when the limited time price is over.

Nov 8, 2012 at 7:56 PM Post #134 of 507
[size=medium] Aloha Everyone,

I've been testing the Go Dap X, the Burr Brown version for about 2 weeks. I find it very good both as a USB DAC from my computer and as a DAC/AMP from i~Devices. I've tried both iPods and iPhones with it. I was blown away the first time I A/B from my MBP's headphone out to the X's. I am still enjoying it listening to music on my computer. So much so that when listening with a computer from now on I will always use a DAC.

The GO-DAP-X is on loan to me by Musica Accoustics where they are selling it for $449. US. I bought my FitEar ToGo 334 earphones from there and find them very professional to deal with. If we used a rating system and 5 was highest Dimitri the owner and his company would get a 5 out of 5.

Dimitri, has asked me to start off a tour of this unit in the US. If you have an interest to evaluate please PM me, I will give you the details.

The first stop is already scheduled for tomorrow and then after that, the X will go to the West Coast and on from there.
[/size]

Nov 9, 2012 at 8:09 PM Post #135 of 507
Quote:
[size=medium] Aloha Everyone,

I've been testing the Go Dap X, the Burr Brown version for about 2 weeks. I find it very good both as a USB DAC from my computer and as a DAC/AMP from i~Devices. I've tried both iPods and iPhones with it. I was blown away the first time I A/B from my MBP's headphone out to the X's. I am still enjoying it listening to music on my computer. So much so that when listening with a computer from now on I will always use a DAC.

The GO-DAP-X is on loan to me by Musica Accoustics where they are selling it for $449. US. I bought my FitEar ToGo 334 earphones from there and find them very professional to deal with. If we used a rating system and 5 was highest Dimitri the owner and his company would get a 5 out of 5.

Dimitri, has asked me to start off a tour of this unit in the US. If you have an interest to evaluate please PM me, I will give you the details.

The first stop is already scheduled for tomorrow and then after that, the X will go to the West Coast and on from there.
[/size]

Anyone outside the US who wants more info about the GO DAP X, Dimitri has said to get in touch with him to discuss. info@musicaacoustics.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back