Venture Electronics (VE) Duke - a new high-performance IEM
Aug 13, 2015 at 5:25 PM Post #136 of 662
I would love to experience these, I have been longing after the Er4s for some time now and part of me wants to drop that dream and jump on the DUKE wagon. 

The inability to audition and the high price is the only factor stopping me from purchasing, it stopped me getting the Zen and left me conceded to the Monk but IEMs are my bread and butter.....oh the temptation....must resist....so hard!

UK or EU tour a possibility ?? I would arrange or be a part of this in a heartbeat.

,SoSoS.

Aug 14, 2015 at 5:34 AM Post #137 of 662
Will give that combo a try.

I've been trying out the iBasso D14 DAC/Amp and am using Fiio X5 coax out to D14 to IEM. Very nice source combo!

Was listening to Heaven VII with it last night and decided to switch over to Duke. Some thoughts...

Man, are the Duke an airier sound. With Heaven VII, I feel like there's sound filling up my entire headspace. With the Duke, there's some room for individual sounds to breathe. Prefer the Duke's presentation, but I'm a sucker for cooler sound signatures so that's not surprising.

The Dukes are also much more comfortable and easier to get a good fit than the Heaven VII.

They're both very nice IEM. The Heaven VII in no way sounds like a typical single BA IEM. However, for my tastes I'd pick the Duke.

Bonus: the Duke is less than half the price of the Heaven VII and doesn't come packaged with fake fur and a carry case that looks like an old-skool cigarette case, lol.

have you just preffered Duke to $600 IEM ?
Boy these are no joke.

head-fi Y U DO DIS -my wallet

Aug 14, 2015 at 12:30 PM Post #138 of 662
Boy these are no joke.

FYI: I'm not trying to hype them. They certainly fit my personal preferences better. And while H-VII sound very nice, you're paying a lot for presentation and the luxury brand name.

Of course, YMMV!

Aug 14, 2015 at 1:01 PM Post #139 of 662
Boy these are no joke.

I haven't heard the Heaven 7 so am not referring to this comparison in general, but in terms of headphones, price doesn't always correlate with performance :)

For example the beats line of headphones

Aug 14, 2015 at 1:07 PM Post #140 of 662
Putting the Duke through its paces today, via Fiio X5ii. This combo is wicked good. Lovely, grainy detail in mids and highs, and great punch down low. Overall airy, spacious feel. Very impressed.

Aug 14, 2015 at 2:36 PM Post #141 of 662
Putting the Duke through its paces today, via Fiio X5ii. This combo is wicked good. Lovely, grainy detail in mids and highs, and great punch down low. Overall airy, spacious feel. Very impressed.

The sound on the Duke seems to get better with each passing day.

Aug 14, 2015 at 3:30 PM Post #142 of 662
The sound on the Duke seems to get better with each passing day.

Just gave this a listen (have the album), and it's outstanding on this rig.

Aug 14, 2015 at 4:13 PM Post #143 of 662
Aug 14, 2015 at 4:15 PM Post #144 of 662
That's one of my favorites at the moment as well.

Seen the movie? Phenomenal...

Funny thing is I grew up in South Africa, and watching the movie I recognised quit a few of the tunes... never knew what or who they were until then.

Aug 14, 2015 at 4:21 PM Post #145 of 662

Funny thing is I grew up in South Africa, and watching the movie I recognised quit a few of the tunes... never knew what or who they were until then.

Yes I've seen the movie and love it. The director was actually from Sweden, to bad he choosed to leave us so early (only 36 yo) :frowning2:

Aug 14, 2015 at 5:27 PM Post #146 of 662
Yes I've seen the movie and love it. The director was actually from Sweden, to bad he choosed to leave us so early (only 36 yo)
frown.gif

Heard that. Yes... sad...

Aug 14, 2015 at 6:33 PM Post #147 of 662

That's wild. And yes, that we an awesome movie!

Aug 15, 2015 at 1:59 AM Post #149 of 662
So who will be the first to write a full review for VE DUKE? :sunglasses:

While I'd love for it to be me, I've got a couple to take care of first. I'm betting it'll be Hisoundfi :wink:

But really, I'd give that honor to RedJohn456. While not a formal review, his impressions were well-written, captured the essence of the Duke nicely, and showed how it can sometimes take a little bit of time to really fall in love with something. Cheers, mate!!!
:beerchug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back