Venture Electronics Thread
Oct 28, 2023 at 12:03 AM Post #631 of 759
Thank you for your insight. What do you think it's VE best value (cost to performance) at the moment?
thats kinda subjective. and also depends on your music taste, best to look at your budget. if you want a simple bud that can run on anything get the V2S or the soon to be released Monk A1, V2S is an all rounder, while A1 excels at gaming and vocals.

Oct 28, 2023 at 9:29 AM Post #632 of 759
So I got the V2S in the end. If I get the studios when they come out, these can become my everyday earphones.

They really are much more comfortable than IEMs. I've had some ear problems due to them, so this is a great relief.

Sound wise, they seem great with all the standard caveats considered.

I have some questions about the Ex Pack Lite foam covers:
  • There's no difference between the colours, correct?
  • Do they all increase the bass (or rather subdue the other mids and trebles)?
  • If so, do the doughnuts have the least effect?

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2023 at 9:35 AM Post #633 of 759
So I got the V2S in the end. If I get the studio's when they come out, these can become my everyday earphones.

They really are much more comfortable than IEMs. I've had some ear problems due to them, so this is a great relief.

Sound wise, they seem great with all the standard caveats considered.

I have some questions about the Ex Pack Lite foam covers:
  • There's no difference between the colours, correct?
  • Do they all increase the bass (or rather subdue the other mids and trebles)?
  • If so, do the doughnuts have the least effect?
if im not mistaken theres thick and thin foams. you will need to check. the difference is rather minor between the thick ones and thin ones

the foams affect bass as it will create a more complete seal around your ear cavity

and finally yea doughnuts should have the least affect on the sound, but the best way to hear the actual tuning is definitely without foams.

Oct 28, 2023 at 12:07 PM Post #634 of 759
if im not mistaken theres thick and thin foams. you will need to check. the difference is rather minor between the thick ones and thin ones

the foams affect bass as it will create a more complete seal around your ear cavity

and finally yea doughnuts should have the least affect on the sound, but the best way to hear the actual tuning is definitely without foams.

After a bit if messing around, I've found I don't like any of the foams. Even the doughuts make them sound muddy.

They don't fit as well without them, but I much prefer the sound. And they don't ending up feeling scratchy.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2023 at 12:11 PM Post #635 of 759
After a but if messing around, I've found I don't like any of the foams. Even the doughuts make them sound muddy.

They don't fit as well without them, but I much prefer the sound. And they don't ending up feeling scratchy.
it can take some getting used to. you could also look for earbud wings or mod one of those earpod hooks to hold onto the earbuds

Oct 28, 2023 at 2:40 PM Post #636 of 759
Anyone knows if Monk A1 and Monk Studio will release together? Really hope that there isn't a huge gap between both releases.
Thanks in advance

Oct 28, 2023 at 4:26 PM Post #637 of 759
Just got a tour shipment from my good friend @Charlyro222

To early to share any meaningful impressions, but so far I really like what I hear. Anyway some nice photos of the 4 models.

Venture Electronics Sun Copper

1698523977631.png

Venture Electronics Zen Shining

DSCF3801.jpg

Venture Electronics Zen SU

DSCF3807.jpg

Venture Electronics Asura Pure White Shining (APWS)

DSCF3802.jpg

Nov 1, 2023 at 8:08 AM Post #638 of 759
Does anyone knows if the Defiant has a internal battery or it needs a separate power supply?

Nov 1, 2023 at 8:10 AM Post #639 of 759
Does anyone knows if the Defiant has a internal battery or it needs a separate power supply?
it has a battery inside. not too sure on how large it is though

edit

oh i checked on taobao and aliex, its fitted with a 2000 mah battery thats rated at 25v and comes with a 18v charger

Screenshot_2023-11-01-20-20-05-399-edit_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.jpg

Screenshot_2023-11-01-20-21-26-302_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd~2.jpg

Screenshot_2023-11-01-20-21-31-142_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd~2.jpg

hope this helps

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2023 at 4:24 PM Post #641 of 759
Some more time with the V2S and they are fantastic.

I tried the foam doughnuts again, but my ears are a mess and not only do they feel bad, but my ears made them rather disgusting. Thanks body.

The bass is better than the cheap Sony IEMs I also use, though they mids and terribles are a little lacking in comparison. The difference in comfort is the thing though and my ears are much happier.

Nov 6, 2023 at 8:21 PM Post #642 of 759
Some more time with the V2S and they are fantastic.

I tried the foam doughnuts again, but my ears are a mess and not only do they feel bad, but my ears made them rather disgusting. Thanks body.

The bass is better than the cheap Sony IEMs I also use, though they mids and terribles are a little lacking in comparison. The difference in comfort is the thing though and my ears are much happier.
yeah the mx500 shells can be a hit or miss for some. if you want something better fitting you might wanna try the ZEN LL but those cost abit more and are around 150ohms if i am not mistaken. can sound abit boomy if under powered

if you manage to find some Monk Lite 40 / 120 ohms you could try getting them instead. but they are now subject to the scalper market lol

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2023 at 3:25 PM Post #644 of 759
IMG_0480.jpeg
These earbuds form an excellent duo, an ideal pairing with the LP P6 proti99 (small, light, powerful, with an addictive rendering) that I've just received.
For listening at home or elsewhere, on my Library or streaming via Bluetooth and Iphone/Roon ARC.

These VEs produce a deep, bewitching sound: vocals, blues, jazz, classical and more, if you like.
Thanks again to Ian91, whose comments encouraged me to buy them.

Nov 11, 2023 at 4:08 PM Post #645 of 759
IMG_0480.jpegThese earbuds form an excellent duo, an ideal pairing with the LP P6 proti99 (small, light, powerful, with an addictive rendering) that I've just received.
For listening at home or elsewhere, on my Library or streaming via Bluetooth and Iphone/Roon ARC.

These VEs produce a deep, bewitching sound: vocals, blues, jazz, classical and more, if you like.
Thanks again to Ian91, whose comments encouraged me to buy them.
Apologies but what model are these? - can't seem to place them. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back