Venture Electronics Thread
Nov 11, 2023 at 4:34 PM Post #646 of 759
Apologies but what model are these? - can't seem to place them. Thanks
Asura Pure White Shining. Amazing set.
20230918_213139.jpg

Nov 11, 2023 at 4:53 PM Post #647 of 759
These earbuds form an excellent duo, an ideal pairing with the LP P6 proti99 (small, light, powerful, with an addictive rendering) that I've just received.
For listening at home or elsewhere, on my Library or streaming via Bluetooth and Iphone/Roon ARC.

These VEs produce a deep, bewitching sound: vocals, blues, jazz, classical and more, if you like.
Thanks again to Ian91, whose comments encouraged me to buy them.

You're welcome! I'm very glad they suit your tastes. It's always a risk recommending a set and APWS is one of the more unique sounds (niche may be another word I could use) that there's a good chance it may not work for a lot of people. I don't look anywhere else on my desk for intimate and romantic vocals. It brings vocals so close to the ear without being invasive that you can feel the breath and hear plenty of vocal nuance.

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2023 at 4:21 PM Post #650 of 759
Nov 13, 2023 at 12:24 AM Post #651 of 759
VE clan members, is there any earbud from VE that offers a bit more subbass than the Sun Copper?

The Sun Copper is outstanding, but I miss that subbass pressure sometimes. TGXear Sunniva and Desolation Sound satisfies that craving though, but I would love to have a VE bud with a bit more subbass than Sun Copper with te rest largely unchanged.

Nov 13, 2023 at 11:06 PM Post #652 of 759
VE clan members, is there any earbud from VE that offers a bit more subbass than the Sun Copper?

The Sun Copper is outstanding, but I miss that subbass pressure sometimes. TGXear Sunniva and Desolation Sound satisfies that craving though, but I would love to have a VE bud with a bit more subbass than Sun Copper with te rest largely unchanged.
Zen Su their TOTL. Best dynamics of any earbuds on the market.

Nov 14, 2023 at 9:39 AM Post #653 of 759

Sun Copper owner here, I recommend trying the Hiegi Donut Foam, it improves the bass and subbass while maintaining the clarity.

Nov 14, 2023 at 9:43 AM Post #654 of 759

zen su, definitely worth a buy if you want more outta the sun copper. alternatively if you want a sun like experience but with super tall headroom the Grand Duke is also a good contender but they are iem's though

Nov 14, 2023 at 9:44 AM Post #655 of 759
Sun Copper owner here, I recommend trying the Hiegi Donut Foam, it improves the bass and subbass while maintaining the clarity.
herro abang amus

Nov 14, 2023 at 9:53 AM Post #657 of 759
Nov 14, 2023 at 1:37 PM Post #658 of 759
I generally do not like the Donut because they do not stay in one place, and eventually the number of pores covered by them becomes asymmetrical - which becomes a point of concern for my OCD mind. WHat about full Hiegi foams?

Nov 14, 2023 at 8:41 PM Post #659 of 759
*Cross post from earbuds roundup thread*
IMG_9059.jpeg
VE ZEN SU & CAYIN N30LE

I reported here about a week ago that I received the VE Zen SU and I couldn’t quite gel with it and listed it for sale in the classifieds…well after persistence and letting them burn for a few days…they have opened up and sound less muffled and cleaner in the lower mids however this is still a very pronounced lower mids emphasis that can compromise some types of music. I will be ordering a more powerful amp to see if this helps open them up even more and also in anticipation for the arrival of my Yinman 2.0 600. So that being said, I’m keeping the Zen SU and taking it down from the classifieds. This set is special and definitely has a place in my rotation. Funny thing is that I missed its sound…I let it burn for a few days and listened to my CAX and spent some time with my Meze 109 pros and my Trifecta and had some jaw dropping experiences but I really missed the lush atmosphere and dynamic sound that the Zen SU spills over with in spades.🪄

IMG_9061.jpeg

This album on Zen SU is 🫠🤯🤤

The Dynamics on these buds are literally insane 🔥 as @ian91 and @s2kphile have pointed out

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2023 at 9:27 PM Post #660 of 759
I generally do not like the Donut because they do not stay in one place, and eventually the number of pores covered by them becomes asymmetrical - which becomes a point of concern for my OCD mind. WHat about full Hiegi foams?
I have tried the full foam and I don't like it. It muffles the sound a bit but the bass hits harder. However I very much agree on the downside of donut foams that you stated here, but I am willing to sacrifice it for better sound :sweat_smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back