Venture Electronics Thread
Oct 9, 2023 at 2:28 PM Post #617 of 759
VE Prime DAC Gold Driving Senn HD 600_I.JPG

Yep, the VE PRIME Pure DAC Gold Edition is perfectly driving the mighty HD 600 from the 3.5TRS output without any problems. None whatsoever. Windows volume only at 12 as well! Beyond pleased with the performance of this little DAC.

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2023 at 2:41 PM Post #618 of 759
VE Prime DAC Gold Driving Senn HD 600_I.JPG

Yep, the VE PRIME Pure DAC Gold Edition is perfectly driving the mighty HD 600 from the 3.5TRS output without any problems. Noe whatsoever. Windows volume only at 12 as well! Beyond pleased with the performance of this little DAC.
Great looker this, but but .. come on, be honest, .. how far through a song can you get before having to wipe the dust off of it to keep it mirror-like 😆

Oct 10, 2023 at 1:23 AM Post #619 of 759
Great looker this, but but .. come on, be honest, .. how far through a song can you get before having to wipe the dust off of it to keep it mirror-like 😆
Nearly a full song... but yes, I must install a small usb-powered fan to blow across me golden Prime to keep it free of contaminates.

Oct 10, 2023 at 2:37 AM Post #620 of 759
IMG_20231010_143608.jpg

my daily go bag ☠️ i may have a problem.....

Oct 13, 2023 at 8:11 AM Post #621 of 759
I'm looking for an all-around earbud that is easy to drive and that I won't be using with a DAC much. I prefer a more natural and neutral sound with no particular emphasis. I loved the Phonak PFEs back in the day (other than them being IEMs).

VE's website is a bit of a joke and doesn't make any of the specs clear and how their products are different from each other.

Thanks to this thread I've narrowed it down to the Monk V2S, MOPE, and Monk Pro Vita.

It seems like the MOPE is the best fit and the Pro Vita is a bit too much for my wants, but I'm not sure.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2023 at 8:15 AM Post #622 of 759
I'm looking for an all-around earbud that is easy to drive and that I won't be using with a DAC much. I prefer a more natural and neutral sound with no particular emphasis. I loved the Phonak PFEs back in the day (other than them being IEMs).

VE's website is a bit of a joke and doesn't make any of the specs clear and how their products are different from each other.

Thanks to this thread I've narrows it down to the Monk V2S, MOPE, and Monk Pro Vita.

It seems like the MOPE is the best fit and the Pro Vita is a bit too much for my wants, but I'm not sure.
of the MOPE and V2S, i think V2S would probably be the best choice of what's available right now.
if you were abit earlier the Monk GO would probably be a better fit for you.
also, if you want more details try their taobao store front and a phone with google translate set to camera mode. but quite frankly VE is more of a try it type of brand then a read it up online kind of brand

Oct 13, 2023 at 10:27 AM Post #623 of 759
of the MOPE and V2S, i think V2S would probably be the best choice of what's available right now.
if you were abit earlier the Monk GO would probably be a better fit for you.
also, if you want more details try their taobao store front and a phone with google translate set to camera mode. but quite frankly VE is more of a try it type of brand then a read it up online kind of brand

What's the difference with the Monk GO, assuming I could find one for sale?

Someone in this thread quite a few pages back said the MOPE is 'more natural or something. Is that the only difference?

Oct 13, 2023 at 10:41 AM Post #624 of 759
What's the difference with the Monk GO, assuming I could find one for sale?

Someone in this thread quite a few pages back said the MOPE is 'more natural or something. Is that the only difference?
Monk Go is basically neutral, if you can find the special Monk Go SPC it would be closer to flat neutral, MOPE is more coloured, touch more warmth and bass. and the V2S is abit more mic centric, MPV is the Monk Plus with way more clarity and being 32 ohms super easy to drive

Also not sure when, but lee will be releasing the Monk Studio soon, basically studio gear so little to no colouring in them.

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2023 at 4:10 AM Post #626 of 759
Hello friends, can anyone make a comparison of Monk Pro Vita vs Asura 3.0? Can find much details about the Monk, specially about technicalities. I'm kinda torn between the two...

Asura 3.0FE to me is more technical, but its also more mid focused. Its an upgraded Monk SM, but without the borderline sibilance at higher listening volumes.

MPV to me is basically a superior version of the monk plus but it does come at the cost of less bass. But being 32 ohms its super easy to drive.

Oct 27, 2023 at 3:06 PM Post #627 of 759
Venture Electronics Grand Duke in custom design, got a tour package from a friend. It lives up to its name, it does sound grand :beerchug:

Oct 27, 2023 at 8:54 PM Post #628 of 759
Asura 3.0FE to me is more technical, but its also more mid focused. Its an upgraded Monk SM, but without the borderline sibilance at higher listening volumes.

MPV to me is basically a superior version of the monk plus but it does come at the cost of less bass. But being 32 ohms its super easy to drive.
Have you listened the Monk Omega pro? Does it justify the price difference?

Oct 27, 2023 at 9:12 PM Post #629 of 759
Have you listened the Monk Omega pro? Does it justify the price difference?
i do lol. there are two versions though. MOE is using the Monk Plus drivers from the 3rd and 4th gen i think. its more for those who wanna roll cables. the black litz cables are nice but its super noisy due to how tense the cable is, causing microphonics.
MOPE is more laid back with the same drivers as the MPV but with some tuning differences. probably due to the tuning pads in them.

the omega editions are made for cable rolling so get thm if you have a bunch of good cables. but just fyi. the terminations on the omega series are inverted. so you will need to make sure you plug the cables the other way around.

if the sound you get kinda has the crossfading effect where the audio is in your head, it probably means you need to flip the connections
Screenshot_2023-10-28-09-27-37-213_org.telegram.messenger~2.jpg

for ve its the opposite of whats shown above. if you like the sound its fine.
but there has been a bunch of brands with inverted polarities, so as long as you are aware of this its all good

MOPE with the type c cable is definitely the way to go. getting the normal terminations land you with the older spc cables which i personally dont like the end result of that pairing

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2023 at 11:08 PM Post #630 of 759
i do lol. there are two versions though. MOE is using the Monk Plus drivers from the 3rd and 4th gen i think. its more for those who wanna roll cables. the black litz cables are nice but its super noisy due to how tense the cable is, causing microphonics.
MOPE is more laid back with the same drivers as the MPV but with some tuning differences. probably due to the tuning pads in them.

the omega editions are made for cable rolling so get thm if you have a bunch of good cables. but just fyi. the terminations on the omega series are inverted. so you will need to make sure you plug the cables the other way around.

if the sound you get kinda has the crossfading effect where the audio is in your head, it probably means you need to flip the connections
Screenshot_2023-10-28-09-27-37-213_org.telegram.messenger~2.jpg

for ve its the opposite of whats shown above. if you like the sound its fine.
but there has been a bunch of brands with inverted polarities, so as long as you are aware of this its all good

MOPE with the type c cable is definitely the way to go. getting the normal terminations land you with the older spc cables which i personally dont like the end result of that pairing
Thank you for your insight. What do you think it's VE best value (cost to performance) at the moment?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back