VenturCraft Soundroid Typhoon
Jul 15, 2013 at 9:25 PM Post #61 of 343
Interesting, why did you pick MUSES02 over MUSES01? Mine will be coming soon but I will have MUSES01.

Jul 15, 2013 at 9:54 PM Post #62 of 343
Quote:
Interesting, why did you pick MUSES02 over MUSES01? Mine will be coming soon but I will have MUSES01.

Due to the nature of bipolar MUSES02, it will give a bit tube-like fuller and warmer sound while MUSES01 will have slightly brighter end. I have both 01 and 02 on my Socket 1 regular and limited edition. In the end, I preferred the sound of 02 than 01.

Jul 16, 2013 at 12:44 AM Post #64 of 343
Quote:
Due to the nature of bipolar MUSES02, it will give a bit tube-like fuller and warmer sound while MUSES01 will have slightly brighter end. I have both 01 and 02 on my Socket 1 regular and limited edition. In the end, I preferred the sound of 02 than 01.

I see. Maybe I'll have to get the MUSES02 to try out later on. I do looooove the rich warm sound (HD 650 out of my tube amp is gorgeous) but then it might be too thick sounding for an iem since it will be primarily for portable use.

Are the differences purely in subjective preference? One isn't actually objectively better than the other is it?

Also, are you finding the 10 Ohm OI to be affecting your MH335s? 

Jul 16, 2013 at 5:37 AM Post #67 of 343
Haha, mine arrived in the country this morning just past 7 AM but alas the delivery vehicles had left already. Keen to receive it tomorrow! :D

Jul 16, 2013 at 10:01 AM Post #68 of 343
How about this. 
biggrin.gif

Jul 16, 2013 at 10:49 AM Post #70 of 343
It's still in burning stage. With LME49860, it sound a bit thiner than my Go-Dap TT but switching to MUSES02 make it sing with fuller, warmer and thicker sound. I haven't compare it to my Go-Dap X yet. Will do it tonight.

Thanks for the quick thoughts. I had been eyeing the Fostex HP-P1 to compliment my JH13 when it comes in, but the Typhoon caught my interest too.

Jul 16, 2013 at 12:32 PM Post #71 of 343
So I've listened to it for a couple of hours with my iPod Touch connected via Lightning & using either a pair of JH13 or pair of MDR1R & I'm now listening with my Momentums. Just opted for the standard LEM49860 for now although I plan to get both MUSES to play with at a later date.

I find its a HUGE step up in clarity & detail coming from my bare bones iPod as I've been running it unamped (blasphemy I know!) for about a month as I recently got a 5th gen Touch to replace my 4th gen so couldn't use my Pico Slim with it any more due to the dock connector changes.

I could of done with a basic set of instructions to get it up & running but I had to make do with trial & error to get a sound out of it. In fact I still can't get it to work as a PC DAC. With it plugged in to the PC & set at what I think is the USB DAC section I get an error when playing any sound through the device. It even fails to play the test tones in the Windows playback devices screen. It may be a Windows 8.1 issue. I'll try later on a Windows 7 machine.

I do find a slight sound sig change with my IEMs due to the 10ohm OI. Not as drastic as I was thinking it would be but it is definitely noticeable. With the larger 2 cans I don't really notice it.

I will let it burn in for a while before giving any in depth impressions but for now I'm pretty happy with it & its definitely given me the step up in performance that I was looking for.

Edit: Worked fine on Win7.

Jul 16, 2013 at 8:19 PM Post #73 of 343
It has finally arrived! Time to enjoy my music.

Jul 16, 2013 at 8:36 PM Post #75 of 343

Users who are viewing this thread

Back