Velodyne vPulse Review - Bass lovers rejoice!!!
Oct 1, 2013 at 11:26 AM Post #76 of 109
I've been using these for around a month now, I don't find the bass overpowering at all, it is just right for me. Mid-range is great, the treble can be a little tinny at times. My main qualm with them is they tend to fall out of my ears, but that could my ears fault rather than the IEM's fault.

Oct 31, 2013 at 2:44 PM Post #77 of 109
I would also like to know how these sound compared to the Atrio MG7's Bass, Mids and Treble? The Atrios (to me) are kinda the standard for great, low non-muddy Bass so I also would be interested!

Mar 16, 2014 at 2:00 PM Post #79 of 109
out of curiosity i got the pink ones on sale for $34.99 (i'm secure in my masculinity) and didn't like them at first--coming from bassy-but-not ridiculous phones like eph-100 and thinksound ts-02 the bass depth and prominence on these is kinda jarring and unnatural. after awhile, i started to appreciate them much more--there's a nice, refined, almost delicate high end and an overall clarity to these and the low end is well-defined and non-boomy. i still think that the driver integration (i.e. the way the different frequencies blend together) is less than seamless--you're always conscious of hearing a subwoofer, rather than merely absorbing as part of the presentation--but these merit further study.

Apr 12, 2014 at 10:17 PM Post #80 of 109
Over in the Chinese/Asian Brand thread, the guys have been talking about Donscorpio headphones. Check out the Bass Colours. Look familiar?

Donscorpio says that they have a relationship with Velodyne. Perhaps this is the OEM?

The Bass Colours can be had shipped from Hong Kong from Penonaudio for $35.

Just got my pair today, and they sound just like joker's review describes the Vpulse.

Jul 7, 2014 at 6:36 PM Post #81 of 109
How are the vpulses for EDM? Are they too bassy or are the mids and highs still good? And how's the comfort; I've read that these are heavy and can tend to gall out of the ear...?

Aug 27, 2014 at 1:26 PM Post #83 of 109
from Dealmac today:

New:  Velodyne vPulse In-Ear Headphones w/ Case for $29 + free shipping

Velodyne offers its Velodyne vPulse In-Ear Headphones w/ Remote and Mic in Blue, Black, or Pink, and the Velodyne vPulse Carrying Case, for $29 with free shipping via the directions below. That beats our June mention, which was the same price but lacked the case, and is the lowest total price we've seen. (It's also a current price low for the Pink version by $4, and at least $13 under the best price for the other two color options without the case.) It features an in-line iPod/iPad/iPhone control (compatible with select models, as listed on the product page), 10mm drivers, mic, and a 20Hz to 20kHz frequency response. Multiple sizes of ear tips and a cable clip are also included. To get this deal:
  • Create an account at Velodyne and receive 100 Veloydne Reward Points
  • during account creation, click the box to sign up for the newsletter for another 100 points
  • click here and add the headphones to your cart
  • click here and add the case to your cart
  • apply coupon code "B2SVPULSE" to cut the price to $39
  • apply your 200 points for a final price of $29

ENJOY!

Aug 29, 2014 at 1:06 PM Post #84 of 109
  out of curiosity i got the pink ones on sale for $34.99 (i'm secure in my masculinity) and didn't like them at first--coming from bassy-but-not ridiculous phones like eph-100 and thinksound ts-02 the bass depth and prominence on these is kinda jarring and unnatural. after awhile, i started to appreciate them much more--there's a nice, refined, almost delicate high end and an overall clarity to these and the low end is well-defined and non-boomy. i still think that the driver integration (i.e. the way the different frequencies blend together) is less than seamless--you're always conscious of hearing a subwoofer, rather than merely absorbing as part of the presentation--but these merit further study.

From http://www.smithsonianmag.com/arts-culture/when-did-girls-start-wearing-pink-1370097/?no-ist

"For example, a June 1918 article from the trade publication Earnshaw's Infants' Department said, “The generally accepted rule is pink for the boys, and blue for the girls. The reason is that pink, being a more decided and stronger color, is more suitable for the boy, while blue, which is more delicate and dainty, is prettier for the girl.” Other sources said blue was flattering for blonds, pink for brunettes; or blue was for blue-eyed babies, pink for brown-eyed babies, according to Paoletti."

:)

Aug 29, 2014 at 1:13 PM Post #85 of 109
  from Dealmac today:

New:  Velodyne vPulse In-Ear Headphones w/ Case for $29 + free shipping

Velodyne offers its Velodyne vPulse In-Ear Headphones w/ Remote and Mic in Blue, Black, or Pink, and the Velodyne vPulse Carrying Case, for $29 with free shipping via the directions below. That beats our June mention, which was the same price but lacked the case, and is the lowest total price we've seen. (It's also a current price low for the Pink version by $4, and at least $13 under the best price for the other two color options without the case.) It features an in-line iPod/iPad/iPhone control (compatible with select models, as listed on the product page), 10mm drivers, mic, and a 20Hz to 20kHz frequency response. Multiple sizes of ear tips and a cable clip are also included. To get this deal:
  • Create an account at Velodyne and receive 100 Veloydne Reward Points
  • during account creation, click the box to sign up for the newsletter for another 100 points
  • click here and add the headphones to your cart
  • click here and add the case to your cart
  • apply coupon code "B2SVPULSE" to cut the price to $39
  • apply your 200 points for a final price of $29

ENJOY!

I picked up a pair a few month's ago. Previously I used some 2010 ZaggBuds, which I liked, but I wanted better. The vPulse sounded great to me. That is until I attended the LA Head-fi meet and listed to the Nobles and high end Sennheisers! Now i'm in trouble. The vPulse sound fine when not directly comparing them to high end earphones, but OMG, it's like your missing half the music with the vPulse. I know, I'm comparing a $29.99 set with a $350 set, but wow. while I probably wont jump up to $400 earphones because I don't really listen via IEMs that often, I probably will upgrade to something in the $200 range. I tried the Beyerdynamic 101s and which they sound great too, microphonics is a serious issue with them. They 102s are supposed to be better, but people still report issues.

For $29.99 the vPulse earphones are a great deal for bass lovers, but they are rather muddy and not very detailed. They also have some microphonics issues, but can easily be worn with the cable over the ear to mitigate the issue. Bottom line: if you want some seriously "fun" earphones, don't have a lot to spend, and aren't very critical, the vPulse set is really a good deal.

Sep 2, 2014 at 4:02 PM Post #86 of 109
I picked up a set on this exact deal and although they will not replacing my Ostry's any time soon....they sound quite decent and certainly have much more low energy than the aforementioned set....I'm quite impressed for $29 including shipping......

Sep 3, 2014 at 2:52 PM Post #87 of 109
Got mine yesterday. I left them on last night for a little burn in and so far they sound pretty good and definitely better than any $30 headphone I have ever heard, I would even say they are (so far) worth the $100 MSRP. The bass is DEEP and pretty clear but I am hesitant to call it overpowering. I normally listen to a lot of singer songwriter stuff with some hip hop/trip hop mixed in. They DO have a little bit of micro-phonics but I kinda expect that out of anything that is a full seal int he ear. All in all a great deal!

Oct 3, 2014 at 10:37 AM Post #89 of 109
They are offering the deal again!

So far I am enjoying these quite well for commuting. They are pretty comfortable and the controls work well. I kinda wish the mic was on the right hand side but it is not a bid deal. As for cable noise while walking, I haven't noticed too much.

New:  2 Pairs Velodyne In-Ear Headphones for $40 + free shipping

Velodyne offers two pairs of Velodyne vPulse In-Ear Headphones in Pink for $40 with free shipping via the directions below. That's $28 under the lowest total price we could find for two pairs elsewhere. It features a flat cable, 10mm drivers and a 20Hz to 20kHz frequency response. To get this deal:
  • View the vPulse headphones for $99.99
  • add two pairs to your cart ($199.98 total)
  • apply code "PINK" to drop it to $50
  • create a Velodyne account and sign up for the newsletter to earn 200 vPoints (You will only get 100 vPoints if you don't sign up for the newsletter as well)
  • apply 200 vPoints for a final price of $40

Users who are viewing this thread

Back