VE RUNABOUT Impressions Thread
Jun 1, 2016 at 11:20 PM Post #241 of 323
So, a couple months ago Lee was saying something about making the Runabout "more juicy" or something along those lines...

When I got my Runabout (first version) I wondered why it has a 15 volt input but no wall wart to use it with. Long story short, it didn't really do anything. Here's a link to the review:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/venture-electronics-ve-runabout-portable-amplifier/reviews/13947

Well, insiders in the VE clan always know that the Venture Electronics guys don't do things for no reason. Lee messaged guys with information to mod their Runabout and get "more juicy" from their device. Well, I'm happy to say I got my hands on a "more juicy" Runabout. I now see what he meant. I plugged this thing in and......DAYAAAAAAAM! This thing is a powerhouse! I can visually show you how much more powerful the "more juicy" Runabout is!

Guess which one is the "more juicy?" 9 volt battery on the left, 15 volt wall wart plugged into the modded RA on the right.

Same runabout sound, but it's like somebody pumped it full of steroids and went on an audible roid rage! This thing drives everything I have with ease in low gain!

Using both, I have two devices that essentially does what the Runabout plus does, which is basically provide a kick arse amplifier that can drive any earphone under the sun.

Well done Lee, this thing rocks! The modded RA is going to be banded to my E18 for a while, I'm going to rock the snot out of my Omnis with them.

Cheers

For the readers clarification you are referring to the RA plus, correct? Or did you do further mods on the RA plus?

Jun 1, 2016 at 11:40 PM Post #242 of 323
For the readers clarification you are referring to the RA plus, correct? Or did you do further mods on the RA plus?
I'm saying that the functions of both the original RA and modded RA are both functions in the RA Plus. The RA Plus is capable of working in both 9 volt operation and also with the use of a 15 volt wall wart.

Versatile, and more powerful than the original RA, with the same inner components.

Jun 24, 2016 at 4:16 PM Post #245 of 323
Has anyone here with a Zen 2.0 compared the sound with the Zen 2.0 connected to a Cayin C5 vs. the Runabout Plus? I really like the sound out of the C5, especially with bass boost (no foams on the Zen 2.0). I am curious whether the runabout Plus is a worthwhile improvement over the C5.

Jul 16, 2016 at 6:35 AM Post #249 of 323
Soshine 9,6V amazing for RA :scream:
13735021_1101735626587582_9109199952787336677_o.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back