VE Odyssey - Discussions and Impressions Thread
Sep 13, 2018 at 12:04 AM Post #61 of 244
Found out about this JUST after receiving my $38+ Musiland MU1 -_-
Anyone been able to compare the Odyssey with the MU1?

Sep 14, 2018 at 5:12 PM Post #62 of 244
Suprized folks are so quiet about this thing. I've been using mine all week at work and really enjoying it.

Sep 16, 2018 at 1:32 AM Post #63 of 244
Mine arrived yesterday

Works beautifully with the HD569, 58X, 800S and Meze 99C.

With the HE560 I need to max the volume but it still sounds good.

The pairing with the HD800S is excellent and the fact that the Odyssey is $10 just put a smile on my face when using the two together :)

Suprized folks are so quiet about this thing. I've been using mine all week at work and really enjoying it.

Curious to know can it drive Beyerdynamics Dt 880 250ohms easily ? Also why there not much posts here or detailed review of sound signature and soundstage regarding this one ?
Am planning to buy LG V40 or Vivo Nex but if this dongle can compete with them i will buy Oneplus 6T and this dongle.

Sep 16, 2018 at 2:31 AM Post #64 of 244
I have a senheizer hd650 and i never tried ve odyssey and i dont think i will. What i want to say is that i can connect hd650 300ohm to my sansa clip or cayin n6 and to my desktop amp . Ok, from all of them i can hear sounds...but PLEASE dont say that sansa can drive these cans. Its different to say that you hear sound and different to say that an amp can really drive those cans. The same goes for all high impetance cans..These is no way to drive them with proper amp! The same goes to odyssey , i am sure...

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2018 at 3:03 AM Post #65 of 244
I have a senheizer hd650 and i never tried ve odyssey and i dont think i will. What i want to say is that i can connect hd650 300ohm to my sansa clip or cayin n6 and to my desktop amp . Ok, from all of them i can hear sounds...but PLEASE dont say that sansa can drive these cans. Its different to say that you hear sound and different to say that an amp can really drive those cans. The same goes for all high impetance cans..These is no way to drive them with proper amp! The same goes to odyssey , i am sure...

So, what's your point? That you're pre-determined to know that something that you haven't tried, and as you say probably never will, won't sound good to you?

Ok then, good for you and thanks for sharing......

Sep 16, 2018 at 3:38 AM Post #66 of 244
@peter123 Actually am fascinated by your reviews of portable and cheap dac/amps. Remember i pmed you long ago about opus #11 ? Well i ended up buying Xduoo Xd-05 and Beyerdynamics Dt 880 250ohms version. While everything is good, portability factor is greatly effected.

From what you said earlier HD800S is 300ohms impedance right. I donno the sensitive level ratio though. How will you review the sound quality of this VE Odyssey ? Is it comparable to LG V and G-series ?

A planning to buy one for portability. If this one is good enough i can drop buying LG phones as of i don't like it's Ui and os. So laggy. Sold my G6 cause of that.

Sep 16, 2018 at 4:42 AM Post #67 of 244
So, what's your point? That you're pre-determined to know that something that you haven't tried, and as you say probably never will, won't sound good to you?

Ok then, good for you and thanks for sharing......

Please try to read not to look what i write. I say there is no way that it can drive hign impedance phones. Do i say anywhere that it doesn't sound good with low impedance IEMs or earbuds.... Come on , be serious.

Sep 16, 2018 at 5:06 AM Post #69 of 244
So, what is the point of this post?

Sep 16, 2018 at 7:16 AM Post #74 of 244
@capnjack @peter123 what happens when it is paired with sensitive iems ? Sorry i donno much technical terms . But i have Beyerdynamics Dt 880 250ohms as well as Lstn Bowery and going to buy Senheisser momentum wired In-earphones. Is it
I can’t really answer that as I don’t have the DT 880, however from my PC it drives my K702s nicely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back