VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand
Mar 2, 2016 at 4:03 AM Post #3,001 of 3,324

I find the VE Zen 2.0 is like an open back version of the Flare R2A.

Both has very similar tonality with Zen sounding slightly warmer.

Both has equally well formed presentation with very large sound-stage (Zen is slightly wider and has better sense of air around instruments).

R2A obviously has much better isolation with well extended sub-bass. Zen's bass is very good too with awesome pace and texture. 

I like Zen's more natural sounding mids (vocal tracks are especially more convincing). Timbre is slightly more accurate on Zen as well.

I also think highs are better tuned on Zen 2.0 with a good amount of sparkle and detail... R2A's high is little too polite in comparison.

On the plus side, I can listen to R2A almost 5+ hours non stop without getting any listeners fatigue.  

Both are pretty hard to drive and amping benefits them greatly (I used Aune B1)

I would personally rate Zen 2.0: 9.3 vs R2A 9.2 sonically. (references: JH Angie: 10, FLC8S: 9.4, Pinnacle P1: 9.1)

Comfort wise R2A is probably top 3 of all IEMs I have ever tried. Zen is also pretty comfortable but finicky with a fit (slight off angle causes hazy centre imaging)

Thanks! Sounds like an open version of the R2Pros then, which to my ears have better mids resolution and treble extension then the R2As. 

Mar 2, 2016 at 6:37 AM Post #3,002 of 3,324

Anyone try the Zen 2s with either the Alien or the Geek Out 450? Does either drive them adequately? 

Also, and comparisons with the Flare IEM series?

I find the VE Zen 2.0 is like an open back version of the Flare R2A.

Both has very similar tonality with Zen sounding slightly warmer.

Both has equally well formed presentation with very large sound-stage (Zen is slightly wider and has better sense of air around instruments).

R2A obviously has much better isolation with well extended sub-bass. Zen's bass is very good too with awesome pace and texture. 

I like Zen's more natural sounding mids (vocal tracks are especially more convincing). Timbre is slightly more accurate on Zen as well.

I also think highs are better tuned on Zen 2.0 with a good amount of sparkle and detail... R2A's high is little too polite in comparison.

On the plus side, I can listen to R2A almost 5+ hours non stop without getting any listeners fatigue.  

Both are pretty hard to drive and amping benefits them greatly (I used Aune B1)

I would personally rate Zen 2.0: 9.3 vs R2A 9.2 sonically. (references: JH Angie: 10, FLC8S: 9.4, Pinnacle P1: 9.1)

Comfort wise R2A is probably top 3 of all IEMs I have ever tried. Zen is also pretty comfortable but finicky with a fit (slight off angle causes hazy centre imaging)

Thank you so much, i never used any IEM, atleast now i know my Zen 2.0 is almost on par with those high end IEMS :).

Thanks again..

Mar 4, 2016 at 3:29 AM Post #3,003 of 3,324
In Ears have failed to impress me, so far. And so have over ears. I just don´t like to feel boxed in. Earbuds are perfect, cause I hardly notice them, and I like the feeling that the sound is coming "out of nowhere", especially with excellent recordings. I love my monks and don´t feel the slightest impulse to upgrade to zens. The monks already blow me away everyday!  :) 

Mar 6, 2016 at 10:50 PM Post #3,004 of 3,324
  In Ears have failed to impress me, so far. And so have over ears. I just don´t like to feel boxed in. Earbuds are perfect, cause I hardly notice them, and I like the feeling that the sound is coming "out of nowhere", especially with excellent recordings. I love my monks and don´t feel the slightest impulse to upgrade to zens. The monks already blow me away everyday!  :) 

+1, i feel the same way, but i have zen 2.0, you should try once :)

Mar 7, 2016 at 12:07 AM Post #3,005 of 3,324
  +1, i feel the same way, but i have zen 2.0, you should try once :)

Maybe someday, yes. Right now, I´m busy listening to my audio files with my lovely new X7! I´m already 30 years into High End, but I´m really amazed how x7+monks are able to reveal tons of details from my music I´ve never heard before. Monks + X7 is a match made in heaven, especially with hires stuff. If you have the money, don´t think twice. It´s definitely worth every penny.

Mar 7, 2016 at 3:37 AM Post #3,006 of 3,324
Received my VE Zen 2 and Monks.
Pairing Monk(donut foam) + ibasso 50 and sansa clip plus. Sounds better than alot of much higher price iems. (unbelieveable)
Pairing Zen 2 (nekid) + ibasso 90 (high gain) and LG V10 (high pwr mode) (prefer them to even my custom heir audio iem.)
For me at least tilting the earphone stem slightly forward provides a firmer fit and loads of bass.
Gonna let them burn-in and try them with the mojo and  compare Flare R2A ( both required amp for best sound))

Glad I stumble onto this thread and took the plunge. My thanks to the many reviewers and contributors on this forum.
Kudos to Venture Electronics too.
Cheers
atsmile.gif

Mar 7, 2016 at 4:25 AM Post #3,007 of 3,324
Received my VE Zen 2 and Monks.
Pairing Monk(donut foam) + ibasso 50 and sansa clip plus. Sounds better than alot of much higher price iems. (unbelieveable)
Pairing Zen 2 (nekid) + ibasso 90 (high gain) and LG V10 (high pwr mode) (prefer them to even my custom heir audio iem.)
For me at least tilting the earphone stem slightly forward provides a firmer fit and loads of bass.
Gonna let them burn-in and try them with the mojo and  compare Flare R2A ( both are 320 ohms)

Glad I stumble onto this thread and took the plunge. My thanks to the many reviewers and contributors on this forum.
Kudos to Venture Electronics too.
Cheers:atsmile:

Eh, are you sure that the Flares 320 Ohm?

Mar 7, 2016 at 7:31 AM Post #3,009 of 3,324
Interesting. Fiio is jumping on the "earbud bandwagon" now, too.

http://www.fiio.net/en/products/52

Maybe they saw the hype ve is getting, and decided that it might be a good move to present something of their own.

Mar 7, 2016 at 10:22 AM Post #3,010 of 3,324
those look like crap.

Maybe they saw the hype ve is getting, and decided that it might be a good move to present something of their own.

Mar 7, 2016 at 11:25 AM Post #3,011 of 3,324
Mar 7, 2016 at 3:17 PM Post #3,012 of 3,324
How can you tell they look like crap from the pictures? They look like buds to me, too, don't see anything wrong.

Mar 7, 2016 at 10:55 PM Post #3,013 of 3,324

Okay, let be clear on this - FiiO already has plan a few year ago to release earphones, mainly to accompany their X series DAP. That's long before VE Zen or Asura were released. I had talked to James @ FiiO on this topic and gave him advice quite a few times in the past. You guys just don't know about it because these discussion never took place in public. It is long time in the making and not some kind of rush job to get on any hype train.

those look like crap.

They don't look like crap to me and certainly sound pretty good for the price.

Mar 7, 2016 at 11:04 PM Post #3,014 of 3,324

Okay, let be clear on this - FiiO already has plan a few year ago to release earphones, mainly to accompany their X series DAP. That's long before VE Zen or Asura were released. I had talked to James @ FiiO on this topic and gave him advice quite a few times in the past. You guys just don't know about it because these discussion never took place in public. It is long time in the making and not some kind of rush job to get on any hype train.

those look like crap.

They don't look like crap to me and certainly sound pretty good for the price.

Sorry, I just think they look like buds I would buy at the airport. There are some very pretty earbuds in the market and Fiio has some great looking products but these look generic. They do however look comfortable.

Mar 7, 2016 at 11:23 PM Post #3,015 of 3,324

Thanks for sharing.  
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back