VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand
Mar 8, 2016 at 1:39 AM Post #3,016 of 3,324
Sorry, I just think they look like buds I would buy at the airport. There are some very pretty earbuds in the market and Fiio has some great looking products but these look generic. They do however look comfortable.

Not a good idea to judge anything by its cover.  Look at the Monk.  Cheap, very generic looking, sounds like pure gold 
wink.gif

Mar 8, 2016 at 4:35 AM Post #3,017 of 3,324
I'm starting to like the Monk more than the Zen 2.0 now. I don't know how but the Monk has an overall presentation that is more inviting and real and most of all pleasing to the ears no matter what genre. Still I could feel that the Zen has a more refined presentation. At the end of the day, it's what I enjoy the most that matters.

@Brooko do you have the measurement for the Monk? Would you mind sharing or have you posted it somewhere? Thanks.

Mar 8, 2016 at 4:37 AM Post #3,018 of 3,324
never mind Brooko. I found it already. Thanks.

Mar 8, 2016 at 4:39 AM Post #3,019 of 3,324

No covers at all - Zen2 has the best curve by a country mile.  Zen1 and Monk very similar

Covers on all 3 - in this configuration I personally prefer Zen1, but I understand why people would love the Monk.

And this is where you see the magic from Lee - Monk and Zen1 with covers, Zen2 without.

Mar 8, 2016 at 4:40 AM Post #3,020 of 3,324
Oh - and I received the Asura2 today.  Haven't had a listen yet - will probably be next week now.

Mar 8, 2016 at 4:58 AM Post #3,021 of 3,324
  Oh - and I received the Asura2 today.  Haven't had a listen yet - will probably be next week now.

yes please compare Assura 2 with Zen 2. 

I have Zen 2 and Monk, i wanna know, if i should buy the Assura.

Mar 9, 2016 at 12:21 AM Post #3,024 of 3,324
Ordered 2 more Monks :)

Mar 9, 2016 at 1:17 AM Post #3,025 of 3,324
  They really change after about 100 hours of blossoming. 

I'll try to remember to measure before and after - but in my experience with all of the Zen earbuds, they don't change, but the way our brain interprets them can (ie brain burn-in).  I'll measure anyway - should be fun.

Mar 9, 2016 at 1:31 AM Post #3,026 of 3,324

I'll try to remember to measure before and after - but in my experience with all of the Zen earbuds, they don't change, but the way our brain interprets them can (ie brain burn-in).  I'll measure anyway - should be fun.

I agree, i didn't feel any difference in my Zen 2 after 10 days even :) Same with Chord Mojo.

May be our mind needs some time to burn in and get acquainted with the sound signature.

Mar 9, 2016 at 1:36 AM Post #3,027 of 3,324

Doesn´t explain why the sound is changing for some after 50-100 hours of burn in without them listening the whole time.

Mar 9, 2016 at 1:45 AM Post #3,028 of 3,324
  Doesn´t explain why the sound is changing for some after 50-100 hours of burn in without them listening the whole time.

Here's not the place for a debate on burn-in.

If you do a search of the forums you'll find 100's of threads about burn-in - and no-one has come up with definitive proof to show it exists.  Some manufacturers say it does.  others (including Shure) say it doesn't.  I'd be quite happy to discuss further with you if you want to create a new thread in Sound Science section - just PM me the address.  I've measured a lot of different IEMs.  I've also compared a lot including 2 Havi B3 Pros which many claimed changed markedly after burn-in.  One was brand new.  The other was 100's of hours old.  They sounded the same.

So how about we leave this thread to discuss VE, and you set up another one in SS to discuss burn-in, and I'll join you when you are ready 
smile.gif

Mar 9, 2016 at 1:51 AM Post #3,029 of 3,324

Here's not the place for a debate on burn-in.

If you do a search of the forums you'll find 100's of threads about burn-in - and no-one has come up with definitive proof to show it exists.  Some manufacturers say it does.  others (including Shure) say it doesn't.  I'd be quite happy to discuss further with you if you want to create a new thread in Sound Science section - just PM me the address.  I've measured a lot of different IEMs.  I've also compared a lot including 2 Havi B3 Pros which many claimed changed markedly after burn-in.  One was brand new.  The other was 100's of hours old.  They sounded the same.

So how about we leave this thread to discuss VE, and you set up another one in SS to discuss burn-in, and I'll join you when you are ready 
smile.gif

It was only a question. I get your point. No, I don´t want to start a thread.
Back on topic!  
etysmile.gif

Mar 10, 2016 at 11:13 AM Post #3,030 of 3,324

I'm excited too see the results. I struggle with the concept too. But this idea is straight from the maker mr Lee. He said the burn in for 600 hours lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back