VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand
Feb 23, 2016 at 2:59 AM Post #2,990 of 3,324
Feb 23, 2016 at 7:34 AM Post #2,993 of 3,324
I don't have the Asura 2 - so unfortunately not at this stage.

Feb 23, 2016 at 1:39 PM Post #2,995 of 3,324
Its OK - I'm sure I'll get the chance to listen to a pair at some stage. When I do, I'll measure and post the comparative data.

Feb 25, 2016 at 3:16 AM Post #2,996 of 3,324
I ordered some heap Earbud foams, as these are cheap so the layer is very thin, thinner than the stock foam came with my Zen.
Now i am enjoying more with these thing foams, i don't find the sound thick, but i got the Bass which was missing when i was using naked :)

Eureka .. Eureka ...........!!

Mar 1, 2016 at 4:38 PM Post #2,998 of 3,324
Fiio Q1 has more than enough output power to handle any of the VE range.

Mar 2, 2016 at 3:20 AM Post #3,000 of 3,324
  Anyone try the Zen 2s with either the Alien or the Geek Out 450? Does either drive them adequately? 

Also, and comparisons with the Flare IEM series?

I find the VE Zen 2.0 is like an open back version of the Flare R2A.

Both has very similar tonality with Zen sounding slightly warmer.

Both has equally well formed presentation with very large sound-stage (Zen is slightly wider and has better sense of air around instruments).

R2A obviously has much better isolation with well extended sub-bass. Zen's bass is very good too with awesome pace and texture. 

I like Zen's more natural sounding mids (vocal tracks are especially more convincing). Timbre is slightly more accurate on Zen as well.

I also think highs are better tuned on Zen 2.0 with a good amount of sparkle and detail... R2A's high is little too polite in comparison.

On the plus side, I can listen to R2A almost 5+ hours non stop without getting any listeners fatigue.  

Both are pretty hard to drive and amping benefits them greatly (I used Aune B1)

I would personally rate Zen 2.0: 9.3 vs R2A 9.2 sonically. (references: JH Angie: 10, FLC8S: 9.4, Pinnacle P1: 9.1)

Comfort wise R2A is probably top 3 of all IEMs I have ever tried. Zen is also pretty comfortable but finicky with a fit (slight off angle causes hazy centre imaging)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back