VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand
Nov 16, 2015 at 8:30 PM Post #2,281 of 3,324
So I looked more closely at my roommate's broken Monks, and it seems like part of the actual metal TRS sleeve, specifically the middle part between two of the plastic barrier thingies along the metal sleeve/jack, has started to come loose and cause the whole TRS to become bent.  Seems like a possible defect/shoddy worksmanship with the actual TRS sleeve, from what I can see.  The kind of thing that is like a one-in-a-thousand defect that can happen if one simply gets unlucky, and which I'm sure is due in no way to any fault on the part of Lee or VE themselves :)
I know, but I think punching above its pricepoint refers more to the sound quality reputation than the durability.

You'd be surprised.  I think they're actually VERY durable for plastic-housed earbuds.  As I said above, I'm pretty sure this was actually a very rare fluke and my roommate just got unlucky.  I use my own Monks a lot more heavily than he does, and no less roughly, and they are still totally fine.

@zhibli06  My roommate doesn't see this as such a big deal. The nice thing about the Monks being so increeeedibly cheap (I still don't know how you do it, man, hahahaha), is that if an unlucky fluke like this happens, it's not a major loss by any means =P  I told my roommate that when I get the Zen 2.0 in a couple weeks to a month or so, once it arrives a few weeks after that I will just give him the Monks that come as a bonus with the Zen 2.0. . .and he is fine with that :)

Nov 16, 2015 at 10:18 PM Post #2,285 of 3,324

You'd be surprised.  I think they're actually VERY durable for plastic-housed earbuds.  As I said above, I'm pretty sure this was actually a very rare fluke and my roommate just got unlucky.  I use my own Monks a lot more heavily than he does, and no less roughly, and they are still totally fine.

All I can say is that the Asura (beta's) are VERY durable... I fall asleep with them every night for the last 7 months. This often involves rolling over them multiple times a night as well lol. VERY durable!

Nov 16, 2015 at 11:34 PM Post #2,289 of 3,324
  So I looked more closely at my roommate's broken Monks, and it seems like part of the actual metal TRS sleeve, specifically the middle part between two of the plastic barrier thingies along the metal sleeve/jack, has started to come loose and cause the whole TRS to become bent.  Seems like a possible defect/shoddy worksmanship with the actual TRS sleeve, from what I can see.  The kind of thing that is like a one-in-a-thousand defect that can happen if one simply gets unlucky, and which I'm sure is due in no way to any fault on the part of Lee or VE themselves :)

@zhibli06  My roommate doesn't see this as such a big deal. The nice thing about the Monks being so increeeedibly cheap (I still don't know how you do it, man, hahahaha), is that if an unlucky fluke like this happens, it's not a major loss by any means =P  I told my roommate that when I get the Zen 2.0 in a couple weeks to a month or so, once it arrives a few weeks after that I will just give him the Monks that come as a bonus with the Zen 2.0. . .and he is fine with that :)

If you know someone or you yourself knows how to wield a soldering iron, it would be a really easy fix and only cost like $2 to fix.

Nov 17, 2015 at 8:46 AM Post #2,294 of 3,324

If you know someone or you yourself knows how to wield a soldering iron, it would be a really easy fix and only cost like $2 to fix.

True, but we're lazy.  Lmao.  It's only five bucks so it's not such a big deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back