VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand
Nov 15, 2015 at 12:52 AM Post #2,221 of 3,324
  I'd like to say that IMHO, this is not hype! 

VE makes solid products that are worth keeping for the long haul. For instance, despite Lee offering a trade-in program for the Zen 1.0, I'm sure many who've bought the will keep them alongside their Zen 2.0 because both are fantastic products.

BTW @jrazmar: Have you ordered Zen 2.0 yet? If not, please do yourself a favor and go get some. You won't be disappointed. I gave a listen with my iPhone 5s and the Soundaware M1 Esthe Analog  today, and Zen 2.0 performed very well with both. The Esther is something to try out, btw. Very interesting DAP that is intentionally very simple. I like the smooth sound and very low Low Gain, so you can really push up he volume and make good use out of the components even with easy to drive IEM and earbuds. It's a very different approach than other DAPs I've used.

I knew this would happen....And joked about it...

I had a couple of order for the early-bird deal, but seriously....

no one wanna trade their 1.0 in.......

Cheers 

Lee

Nov 15, 2015 at 1:05 AM Post #2,223 of 3,324
Nov 15, 2015 at 1:46 AM Post #2,226 of 3,324
Can anyone guess what this is? 
biggrin.gif

Nov 15, 2015 at 2:08 AM Post #2,230 of 3,324
I'd like to say that IMHO, this is not hype! 

VE makes solid products that are worth keeping for the long haul. For instance, despite Lee offering a trade-in program for the Zen 1.0, I'm sure many who've bought the will keep them alongside their Zen 2.0 because both are fantastic products.

BTW @jrazmar
: Have you ordered Zen 2.0 yet? If not, please do yourself a favor and go get some. You won't be disappointed. I gave a listen with my iPhone 5s and the Soundaware M1 Esthe Analog  today, and Zen 2.0 performed very well with both. The Esther is something to try out, btw. Very interesting DAP that is intentionally very simple. I like the smooth sound and very low Low Gain, so you can really push up he volume and make good use out of the components even with easy to drive IEM and earbuds. It's a very different approach than other DAPs I've used.

thanks for mentioning it nick. i kind of away from this thread as I was busy with my new DaP - the mighty Cowon Plenue 1. All I can say for the first time ever , I was able to hear a clear top-tier DAP with a very smoooooth yet tasty, detailed sound without the fatigue. I can even get comfortable listening session with low volume and get very satisfied. And that is all using my trusty, super Zen 1.0. Tomorrow's working day again and I'm very excited to get to know it more. I've learned that the Zen 2.0 is already available at AE. Will sure check them out later. I really have a plan of getting the Zen 2.0 but not yet giving up the original without ever doing a comparison. That's why I reminded Lee in my post about the exchange program he's offering. Can I do that via AE or shall I contact Lee separately?

Nov 15, 2015 at 2:10 AM Post #2,231 of 3,324
I knew this would happen....And joked about it...

I had a couple of order for the early-bird deal, but seriously....

no one wanna trade their 1.0 in.......

Cheers 

Lee

Hey Lee, im interested. How shall I do this if I want to exchange? Can I have a listen with the 2.0 before I finally give up the 1.0?

Nov 15, 2015 at 3:32 AM Post #2,233 of 3,324
I've just received my pair of Monk and after burning 10 hours, and it's been a disappointment to me, but probably due to my ears shape: I find them quite bass anemic, far far away from my Beyer DT770 Pro, but also quite worse than my Edifier H180, but if I press the Monk with my fingers to my ears, then I start getting the bass you all seem to enjoy in this thread.

I’ll give them some more time, because medium and highs are nice but this lack of bass for my own taste it’s unacceptable, sorry. And it’s a shame, because as I said it seems that the only problem I have with them it’s their shape, H180 have the perfect size for my ear and I can wear them 5 hours without noticing them, but Monk are difficult to handle even after a few minutes.

I forget to say that all these tests have been done using the included donut foams.

I would have upgraded to Asura or Zen, but due to this problem with VE shells I’ll have to temporally look somewhere else, at least until ZE designs its own shell, hopping it will then fit my ears.

Sorry Lee, but due to this, for me Monks aren’t the best bang for my buck.

Nov 15, 2015 at 3:53 AM Post #2,235 of 3,324
@chompy - are you wearing them with foam covers - or naked?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back