VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand
May 29, 2015 at 12:15 AM Post #648 of 3,324
Wait for the amp that is specifically designed for the Zen :blush:.

Woah, did not know they were going to make one for the Zen.

Do we have any information on them specifically pricing and possible release date?

May 29, 2015 at 1:12 AM Post #651 of 3,324
  How much will it costs ?

nothing is finalized yet, but from what I understand that it should be available within a month and a half and it is shaping put to be a very good amp for the Zen specifically! I really can't wait for it. Whatever it ends up being charged you can bet your ass it will be a bargain compared to what else is out there

May 30, 2015 at 10:24 AM Post #653 of 3,324
I had tried Zen directly from AK100ii vs + with Cayin Amp ..the difference with Amp it sounded more refine....but I dont hear any improvement on the soundstage...does it means that direct AK100II is good enough for the Zen....

May 30, 2015 at 1:09 PM Post #655 of 3,324
I had tried Zen directly from AK100ii vs + with Cayin Amp ..the difference with Amp it sounded more refine....but I dont hear any improvement on the soundstage...does it means that direct AK100II is good enough for the Zen....

I think it might be the issue of Cayin not being the best for Zen in terms of synergy. Cayin can be considered on the warm side of neutral from all the reviews I have read. Not that they are bad, they are fantastic, but with the new Zen specific amp "Runabout" I would say you might see more of an improvement, as it is specced specifically to really make the Zen shine. Trust me on this, get the amp when it comes out. I have been following its development and lets just say its coming along real nice and you will in for a treat if you listen to them!

May 30, 2015 at 5:50 PM Post #656 of 3,324

I personally really like the Zen off of the C5. I'm not sure if the C5 increases the Zen's soundstage further, but it doesn't decrease it (like the E12 does a bit).

One amp that does increase the soundstage a bit is the C&C BH with the "SF" switch on.

Quote:

I think it might be the issue of Cayin not being the best for Zen in terms of synergy. Cayin can be considered on the warm side of neutral from all the reviews I have read. Not that they are bad, they are fantastic, but with the new Zen specific amp "Runabout" I would say you might see more of an improvement, as it is specced specifically to really make the Zen shine. Trust me on this, get the amp when it comes out. I have been following its development and lets just say its coming along real nice and you will in for a treat if you listen to them!

The C5 doesn't seem warm to me - it seems quite neutral - but I could be wrong about that. Comparing again to the E12 though, the E12 is definitely a bit warmer.

Having said that, yeah, waiting for that Runabout might be the thing to do!

May 30, 2015 at 8:38 PM Post #657 of 3,324

The C5 doesn't seem warm to me - it seems quite neutral - but I could be wrong about that. Comparing again to the E12 though, the E12 is definitely a bit warmer.

Having said that, yeah, waiting for that Runabout might be the thing to do!

Fair enough Wayne, I don't own the C5 so I am not certain why it would be in this case. But I am looking forward to the RunAbout as well

May 31, 2015 at 8:23 PM Post #658 of 3,324
So I finally LIstened to the Zen today and it sounds really good.  But when I opened the box, i also saw another earbuds inside the Zen box? It has a red cable? I wonder what is it, did anyone get this extra earbuds when you ordered the Zen?

May 31, 2015 at 8:39 PM Post #659 of 3,324
  So I finally LIstened to the Zen today and it sounds really good.  But when I opened the box, i also saw another earbuds inside the Zen box? It has a red cable? I wonder what is it, did anyone get this extra earbuds when you ordered the Zen?

congrats on your Zen! How long did it end up taking to get to you? I think those are bonus earbuds they throw in. Initially a beta asura unit was included however their stocks have been depleted so now these have been included in lieu of the beta asuras. Anyway the Zens are the real stars of the show :wink: Enjoy in good health!

May 31, 2015 at 8:41 PM Post #660 of 3,324
Well it only took about 7 days, but I didn't have a chance to listen to it until today which is almost a week later.  So do you know what is this extra earbuds that they throw in now? I dont think it's the Asura cause Asura has a black cable, this one is red.

I dont know but this extra earbuds with the red cable that they threw in is just as good as the Zen? What am I dreaming?
The Zen def has more bass than this though.

Also, anyone recommends a good quality but slim profile amp for my Zen? Price can be between $100-300

Users who are viewing this thread

Back