VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand
Jul 26, 2015 at 10:36 PM Post #991 of 3,324
Thanks :)  Yeah they are great not only as budget earphones, but as a great earbud period!

I find them to be too bassy with doughnut foamies. I run em commando :wink: 

Aww, meng! Buds always slip n slide around my ears without some kind of foamie. Maybe I'll have to try some of those ear hangar things Hisoundfi's using.

Nice :thumbsup_tone1:

Jul 26, 2015 at 10:47 PM Post #993 of 3,324
No idea why a scammer would be advertising phones and cameras in an earbud's thread, but ok. 

Looks like it got deleted.

Jul 27, 2015 at 1:03 AM Post #995 of 3,324

Thanks buddy, will check those out :)

also, I was just listening to "the Curse" by Agnes Obel and I am getting legit goosebumps! This is the first time that I am hearing all the friction thats there when the violin player is drawing the box across his strings! I can hear all the reverberations and that bass texture in the bass lines. I haven't heard bass this good before, like ever. The way all the instruments are weaving in and out in front of me, with her haunting voice right in front of my face. I think my ears are in heaven.

I have kind of run into a problem with the Duke. Once you get used to its clarity and solid and realistic imaging, everything else sounds artificial and muddy. I really don't remember my other gear sound this muddy before I heard the Duke :/ Damnit VE lol. If you care about your other gear, don't buy the Duke because it is likely you will stop caring for the other gears all together LOL. 

Edit: Now in most piano pieces I can hear the pianists breathe during the song, never really noticed that before. startled me for sure

Jul 27, 2015 at 1:05 AM Post #996 of 3,324
  Some monk impressions:

Note that I listen to Monk foamless

Wow! Not sure how this thing costs 5 dollars? No seriously how? These are so damn articulate snappy and airy sounding. Best thing of all that they aren't too bassy (when not using foam) and it has a nice engaging and toe tapping inducing sound signature. Man oh man dat bass doe. So well controlled, textured and well articulated. Bass doesn't muck up the midrange and has good mid bass and sub bass. I love how this thing sounds with no foam, so snappy and crispy. High hats specially sound awesome sauce :)

Best 5 dollars you will ever spend. Kind of makes my VSD3 and similarly priced iems in my collection sound like crap at their price points :/ Damn it VE ur making me hate my other gear now 
angry_face.gif

ksc75smile.gif
tongue.gif

I like awesome sauce!
beerchug.gif

Jul 27, 2015 at 1:11 AM Post #999 of 3,324
Jul 27, 2015 at 1:20 AM Post #1,002 of 3,324
  Best 5 dollars you will ever spend. Kind of makes my VSD3 and similarly priced iems in my collection sound like crap at their price points :/ Damn it VE ur making me hate my other gear now 
angry_face.gif

ksc75smile.gif
tongue.gif

Similar experience, but with the Zens. Since I find the Zens so satisfying, my IEMs have for the most part been neglected since I got the Zens. But I thought I'd throw on my M200's which never have disappointed me (apart from the fit/ergonomics). Amazingly they sounded kinda thin and boring compared to the fullness and naturalness of the Zens. The Zens are quickly once again in my ears.

Damn it VE!
beerchug.gif

Jul 27, 2015 at 1:22 AM Post #1,004 of 3,324
how long does the shipping take to canada? I wouldn't mind trying them 

I honestly can't recall. But more than 1 week and less than 3 months lol. Seriously, I think it was about 3 weeks. Good seller fwiw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back