VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand
Jul 1, 2015 at 1:22 PM Post #871 of 3,324
Been jamming to the Retail Asura all day and man do they sound great. They have this really addictive lush midrange and all encompassing sound. I actually mean addictive as I listened to them for hours at a time. for those who are perhaps not ready to invest in a zen, you will be in for a treat with the Asura. Mind you, its no Zen, but fudge it they are so much fun to listen to. Listening to Raining Again by Staind right now and my goodness, this is enjoyable
smily_headphones1.gif

Very big sound, solid midrange and cohesive with treble and bass. Bass is strong compared to zen, but man it is so yummy, the bass texture in the bass lines in Raining Again by Stained sounds so delicious! 

STOP!  You are killing me here!  
wink.gif

tongue.gif

Jul 1, 2015 at 1:52 PM Post #872 of 3,324
I'm glad to see the Asura getting some love. I know the highlight was always the Zen and now maybe Nirvana. But the Asura (beta in my case) has a special place for me. I use it a bit more than the Zen since it's easier to drive from my phone and Clip+. I'm listening now to some Queen and I just love how easy they are to listen to. I've recently popped my old PK3 and some other various buds in and I just keep coming back.

Jul 1, 2015 at 2:22 PM Post #873 of 3,324
  I'm glad to see the Asura getting some love. I know the highlight was always the Zen and now maybe Nirvana. But the Asura (beta in my case) has a special place for me. I use it a bit more than the Zen since it's easier to drive from my phone and Clip+. I'm listening now to some Queen and I just love how easy they are to listen to. I've recently popped my old PK3 and some other various buds in and I just keep coming back.

I have been burning in the Zens as well, but even if I wasn't, I would be using Asura a bit more as I am really smitten by the sound :) To be perfectly clear the Zens are better in almost every way except the part about needing an amp. Plus the Asura cable is nicer imo. Cant wait for the RunAbout as well ! Not to mention Duke will be out very soon. I haven't been excited about an iem release since I last got the Z5 earlier this year so I am waiting with excitement!

Getting back to the Asuras, I find myself reaching for it more than my Titan 1 and Havi Pro 1, so I am immensely enjoying them. (NOT saying they are better or worse than the Titan 1, just that Asura is getting more ear time)

Jul 1, 2015 at 7:13 PM Post #875 of 3,324
I had a question for people using the Zen with Fiio E17. Im trying to burn in the zens but am afraid of blowing the drivers if I push it too hard. I have the E17 on 12 gain and 23 volume at the moment. 

How much louder do you think I can push it? It seems okay volume wise (I am erring on the side of caution) but I plan to burn it for like 8 hours straight tonight. Would it be safe to leave it overnight with loud volume? I am running a headphone burning track that I got online from JLab Audio. It consists of audio sweeps and white noise. 

Jul 3, 2015 at 11:10 AM Post #877 of 3,324
First impressions of the retail Asura. In my opinion, it is not improved beta, but it's a mini Zen, with regard to the signature sound, PRAT, dynamics and quality study of the frequency range. Where beta boomed and behaves impressively, retail Asura more collected, balanced by the AFC, and has less bass than the beta. We can say that Asura grew up and responsibility in regard to the sound. I still like the beta, because it no one else is like, even though it is giving way to a new Asura. I sincerely recommend Asura it to everyone. Good and good luck for You :)

Jul 3, 2015 at 11:51 AM Post #880 of 3,324
In fairness, it should be added that as soon as I brought them from the post office and connected to CK4 + bh2, I can not get them out of their ears
smily_headphones1.gif
They do not want
wink.gif
Very involving sound and smooth sound that contribute to the full 5+

Yup, I am really enjoying mine and am burning it in now and been listening to Zen yesterday :)

Jul 3, 2015 at 12:46 PM Post #881 of 3,324
Gah! Are these available on aliexpress? Or anywhere else?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back