VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand
Jun 24, 2015 at 7:03 PM Post #856 of 3,324
I just got a pair of zen.

I will be the first to admit that I'm not a big earbuds guy.

I have to ask, is there a trick to get a secure and consistent fit, or do these just rest on the ear and not create any type of seal or secure fit?

It was uncomfortable for me at first. I suggest getting started with the full foam cover. You can either have it just resting in your ear, or insert it at a somewhat sideways angle to get a better fit. Play around with the foams or different insertion methods to see if it helps

Jun 29, 2015 at 10:19 PM Post #858 of 3,324
Been listening to the retail asura for the past few hours, and I have to say that it has improved a lot since I have heard the beta unit! Its more closer to the zen sound sound signature. Bass is tight, punchy and is well extended. The soundstage appears to have improved as well, soundstage is more engrossing. And it sounds fantastic out of my phone even. 

I am surprised by the changes and I am liking the asura very much. Truth be told, I wasn't a big fan of the beta unit but I knew that it was obviously a work in progress. 

This is my initial impressions, but they are impressive out of the box for me :)

Jun 29, 2015 at 10:26 PM Post #859 of 3,324
  Been listening to the retail asura for the past few hours, and I have to say that it has improved a lot since I have heard the beta unit! Its more closer to the zen sound sound signature. Bass is extended, tight and punchy and is well extended. The soundstage appears to have improved as well, soundstage is more engrossing. And it sounds fantastic out of my phone even. 

I am surprised by the changes and I am liking the asura very much. Truth be told, I wasn't a big fan of the beta unit but I knew that it was obviously a work in progress. 

This is my initial impressions, but they are impressive out of the box for me :)

Awesome!

Jun 29, 2015 at 10:30 PM Post #860 of 3,324
  Been listening to the retail asura for the past few hours, and I have to say that it has improved a lot since I have heard the beta unit! Its more closer to the zen sound sound signature. Bass is extended, tight and punchy and is well extended. The soundstage appears to have improved as well, soundstage is more engrossing. And it sounds fantastic out of my phone even. 

Damn.. hahaha..I was not a big fan of the beta either, certainly this is interesting news..

Jun 29, 2015 at 11:37 PM Post #864 of 3,324
As the impedance? More 150 Ohm?

Not sure bud, It runs easily out of my phone so the impedance might not be that high. Not sure how to check

Edit: I stand corrected, it needs a bit of juice out of my macbook compared to something like the Titan 1, so its not super easy to drive but my phone can drive it. So impedance might be higher than I assumed. Might have to ask the manufacturer I think. 

Jul 1, 2015 at 1:58 AM Post #869 of 3,324
Been jamming to the Retail Asura all day and man do they sound great. They have this really addictive lush midrange and all encompassing sound. I actually mean addictive as I listened to them for hours at a time. for those who are perhaps not ready to invest in a zen, you will be in for a treat with the Asura. Mind you, its no Zen, but fudge it they are so much fun to listen to. Listening to Raining Again by Staind right now and my goodness, this is enjoyable :)

Very big sound, solid midrange and cohesive with treble and bass. Bass is strong compared to zen, but man it is so yummy, the bass texture in the bass lines in Raining Again by Stained sounds so delicious! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back