VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand
Jun 9, 2015 at 12:56 PM Post #781 of 3,324
Jun 9, 2015 at 1:06 PM Post #782 of 3,324
Just unzip the package, double click on foobar2000 in the unzipped directory to run, drag songs into this customized foobar build for Windows PCs (or have it scan your computer for songs), plug your Monk in and press play--everything is set and ready to go!

If for some reason you want to pay a hundred some more bucks for the same ultimate giant-killing experience, here's the Ultima player configured for the VE Zen:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tqnzwklkxoj3bkj/foobar2000%20for%20VE%20Zen.zip?dl=0

That's pretty cool (foobar2000 in general and your Ultima config). I use foobar2000 and RPGWizard's "forward" configuration. The Ultima config sounds quite a bit different, but also really good with the Zens. Did you come up with that config yourself?

Thanks!

Jun 9, 2015 at 2:08 PM Post #785 of 3,324
That's pretty cool (foobar2000 in general and your Ultima config). I use foobar2000 and RPGWizard's "forward" configuration. The Ultima config sounds quite a bit different, but also really good with the Zens. Did you come up with that config yourself?

Thanks!

Yup! No spatialization tweaks, unlike RPGWizard, just lots of tweaking of the FR.

(I have my own set of spatialization tweaks, it's given me a really convincing music stage in tonight's listening session--that's a first for me actually, I've never heard music music in a way that I would close my eyes and think "this singer goes here, that guitar goes there, the drummer's here..." but something just snapped together for me tonight.

That spatialization setup isn't going anywhere near being put in a foobar package though... :xf_eek: )

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jun 9, 2015 at 3:02 PM Post #786 of 3,324
Yup! No spatialization tweaks, unlike RPGWizard, just lots of tweaking of the FR.

Huh! Well, it really sounds great.

Edit: It sounds great with other gear as well. Currently demo-ing the Oppo PM3's and they like your Zen Ultima config as well. Gotta start following you and your configs around!

(I have my own set of spatialization tweaks, it's given me a really convincing music stage in tonight's listening session--that's a first for me actually, I've never heard music music in a way that I would close my eyes and think "this singer goes here, that guitar goes there, the drummer's here..." but something just snapped together for me tonight.

That spatialization setup isn't going anywhere near being put in a foobar package though...
redface.gif
)

So you are doing those spatialization tweaks elsewhere then (ie outside of foobar2000 somehow)?

Or are you just being a meanie and not sharing lol?

Jun 9, 2015 at 4:11 PM Post #787 of 3,324

Huh! Well, it really sounds great.

Edit: It sounds great with other gear as well. Currently demo-ing the Oppo PM3's and they like your Zen Ultima config as well. Gotta start following you and your configs around!

That spatialization setup isn't going anywhere near being put in a foobar package though...
redface.gif
)

So you are doing those spatialization tweaks elsewhere then (ie outside of foobar2000 somehow)?

Or are you just being a meanie and not sharing lol?

I think Joe is very good with V4A and Rockbox as well. 
Don't tell him that I said it
wink_face.gif
. He is "never" about sharing .lol

Jun 9, 2015 at 4:32 PM Post #788 of 3,324
  I think Joe is very good with V4A and Rockbox as well. 
Don't tell him that I said it
wink_face.gif
. He is "never" about sharing .lol

Yes, he just slipped up this one time and I got lucky lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back