VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand
Jun 11, 2015 at 11:01 PM Post #813 of 3,324
I mean that in order to love the Zen, you need to love EarBuds form factor. It is impossible to fully compare the SUV and a sports car, IMHO. Different challenges and opportunities.

Well Zen does sound amazing, but it hurts my ears so bad that I can't use it anymore.  IEM doesn't hurt my ears at all.

There's a bit of sharp edge on the Zen if you looked at it carefully, you know what I'm talking about.

But yea you're right, I can't compare IEM vs Earbud, but they both produce "Sound", and you can compare "Sound".

Jun 11, 2015 at 11:10 PM Post #816 of 3,324
Personally for me, the discomfort by using IEM, prevents assess the "sound" to the fullest.

Yea I know the "discomfort" that you're talking about with IEM, but for me it's better than getting my ears "hurt".

Personally, I still like full size headphone the best.  But it messed up my hair and press downed on my hair so that's why I was looking for something smaller and won't touch my hair :)

So it was either Earbuds or IEM.  I never like IEM cause of the "feeling" of how they block the outside noise in the first place, so that's why I went with the Zen that you guys recommended to me.

Zen s ounds amazing, just that it hurt my ears so much.  So I had to settle down on an IEM.

Jun 11, 2015 at 11:10 PM Post #817 of 3,324
@mochill and @jincuteguy please take Aurisonics talk to either PM or ASG thread as the last 2 pages have been just asg talk and this is the VE thread after all so lets try to stay on topic :p

Comfort is a very personal thing and varies person to person, and this is specially true with earbuds. I personally found them difficult to use first few hours but I got used to it and found it very comfortable to the point I can listen for hours. I agree though that for some people they wont be able to use earbuds as easily.

Jun 11, 2015 at 11:12 PM Post #819 of 3,324

Yea I know the "discomfort" that you're talking about with IEM, but for me it's better than getting my ears "hurt".

Personally, I still like full size headphone the best.  But it messed up my hair and press downed on my hair so that's why I was looking for something smaller and won't touch my hair :)

So it was either Earbuds or IEM.  I never like IEM cause of the "feeling" of how they block the outside noise in the first place, so that's why I went with the Zen that you guys recommended to me.

Zen s ounds amazing, just that it hurt my ears so much.  So I had to settle down on an IEM.

I agree, the pain was there in the beginning, but with using foam it went away for me, if it was any bigger I don't think I could use it. Its a shame really but you gave it a fair shot :) 

I like full size too but there aren't too many good closed backs that I am interested in under 300 dollars so I am sticking to iems and earbuds. I have shifted to earbuds because I am still aware of my surroundings and I like not having to insert it into my ear canal, so my ears aren't fatigued :)

Jun 11, 2015 at 11:12 PM Post #820 of 3,324
  @mochill and @jincuteguy please take Aurisonics talk to either PM or ASG thread as the last 2 pages have been just asg talk and this is the VE thread after all so lets try to stay on topic :p

Comfort is a very personal thing and varies person to person, and this is specially true with earbuds. I personally found them difficult to use first few hours but I got used to it and found it very comfortable to the point I can listen for hours. I agree though that for some people they wont be able to use earbuds as easily.

Yea sorry, my bad :) I was so excited that's why I totally forgot that this thread is about the Zen :)

Jun 11, 2015 at 11:14 PM Post #821 of 3,324

Yea sorry, my bad :) I was so excited that's why I totally forgot that this thread is about the Zen :)

No worries, I can appreciate that you are enjoying you new iem, I love getting new gear myself so I can relate :)

I am actually looking forward to your impressions on them and I do hope you review them or atleast post the impression in the ASG thread as I will be picking up one in the future. If you could also maybe compare them to the zen sound signature that would be helpful as well :)

Jun 13, 2015 at 2:43 AM Post #823 of 3,324
Just put up my Zen for sale on the Sale forums.  I will ship from California and give you 20 pair of foam tips and 2 pairs of those Earhoox (http://www.amazon.com/Earhoox-Attachment-Popular-Skullcandy-earbuds/dp/B00FGDXGV6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1434177808&sr=8-2&keywords=earhoox+pink

Users who are viewing this thread

Back