VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand
May 28, 2016 at 12:58 PM Post #3,271 of 3,324
Streaming Apple Music through iPhone 6 or listening to ALAC files via 5.5th gen iPod classic. Looking to add Audioquest Dragonfly Black or something similar in the near future. Musical taste = Drive by Truckers, Lucero, Deer Tick, Dropkick Murphys, Hatebreed, Pink Floyd, Zeplin, etc... Thanks

May 28, 2016 at 1:10 PM Post #3,272 of 3,324
Streaming Apple Music through iPhone 6 or listening to ALAC files via 5.5th gen iPod classic. Looking to add Audioquest Dragonfly Black or something similar in the near future. Musical taste = Drive by Truckers, Lucero, Deer Tick, Dropkick Murphys, Hatebreed, Pink Floyd, Zeplin, etc... Thanks
for the future, go on Zen2.0

May 28, 2016 at 1:48 PM Post #3,274 of 3,324
So in the end, VE Zen is the best of the best?
What if I don't have an amp? VE or MusicMaker?
Other suggestions welcome.
Thanks

http://www.head-fi.org/t/783669/venture-electronics-ve-monk-monk-plus-a-5-earbud-that-taking-the-world-by-storm

I think u r in the wrong thread

and plz do not think my zen is just another earbud ~ try to see what the hype is all about by starting with mp

Jun 1, 2016 at 10:49 PM Post #3,275 of 3,324
So, a couple months ago Lee was saying something about making the Runabout "more juicy" or something along those lines...

When I got my Runabout (first version) I wondered why it has a 15 volt input but no wall wart to use it with. Long story short, it didn't really do anything. Here's a link to the review:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/venture-electronics-ve-runabout-portable-amplifier/reviews/13947

Well, insiders in the VE clan always know that the Venture Electronics guys don't do things for no reason. Lee messaged guys with information to mod their Runabout and get "more juicy" from their device. Well, I'm happy to say I got my hands on a "more juicy" Runabout. I now see what he meant. I plugged this thing in and......DAYAAAAAAAM! This thing is a powerhouse! I can visually show you how much more powerful the "more juicy" Runabout is!

Guess which one is the "more juicy?" 9 volt battery on the left, 15 volt wall wart plugged into the modded RA on the right.

Same runabout sound, but it's like somebody pumped it full of steroids and went on an audible roid rage! This thing drives everything I have with ease in low gain!

Using both, I have two devices that essentially does what the Runabout plus does, which is basically provide a kick arse amplifier that can drive any earphone under the sun.

Well done Lee, this thing rocks! The modded RA is going to be banded to my E18 for a while, I'm going to rock the snot out of my Omnis with them.

Cheers

Jun 1, 2016 at 11:32 PM Post #3,276 of 3,324
  So, a couple months ago Lee was saying something about making the Runabout "more juicy" or something along those lines...

When I got my Runabout (first version) I wondered why it has a 15 volt input but no wall wart to use it with. Long story short, it didn't really do anything. Here's a link to the review:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/venture-electronics-ve-runabout-portable-amplifier/reviews/13947

Well, insiders in the VE clan always know that the Venture Electronics guys don't do things for no reason. Lee messaged guys with information to mod their Runabout and get "more juicy" from their device. Well, I'm happy to say I got my hands on a "more juicy" Runabout. I now see what he meant. I plugged this thing in and......DAYAAAAAAAM! This thing is a powerhouse! I can visually show you how much more powerful the "more juicy" Runabout is!

Guess which one is the "more juicy?" 9 volt battery on the left, 15 volt wall wart plugged into the modded RA on the right.

Same runabout sound, but it's like somebody pumped it full of steroids and went on an audible roid rage! This thing drives everything I have with ease in low gain!

Using both, I have two devices that essentially does what the Runabout plus does, which is basically provide a kick arse amplifier that can drive any earphone under the sun.

Well done Lee, this thing rocks! The modded RA is going to be banded to my E18 for a while, I'm going to rock the snot out of my Omnis with them.

Cheers

It can drive the omnis? dayum, and LED looks sexy af now

Jun 7, 2016 at 3:44 PM Post #3,281 of 3,324
If anyone can compare the sound of a RA or RA 2.0 to iFi amps or Cayin C5 or any decent tube amp, please let me know? I'm very curious.

The original RA and C5 sounds very very similar. Haven't heard the others....

Jul 12, 2016 at 9:01 AM Post #3,283 of 3,324
will the zen 2.0 sound good with the ak jr? I mean I know it will drive but not sure if it's driven well.

I have a chord mojo to pair with it too, but when I'm too lazy to stack sushi style, I might go with jr and an earbud when lying on bed.

the reason I want to get earbud is that the ergonomic is great when you lie down, so I need an easy setup with dap -> earbud for emergency listening session(has to sound great from ak jr) on a very lazy mood.

I also post this question in the zen2.0 impression thread

Jul 20, 2016 at 9:58 PM Post #3,285 of 3,324
How does the Xduoo X3 > Line out > RA+ sound like? 
good
13178033_10156914136640224_8900081237845241130_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back