VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand
Apr 9, 2015 at 4:11 AM Post #152 of 3,324
oops...I didn't mean to have you had bad feelings. But you'll get all I said once you receive the Monk.

No bad feelings, don't worry - I meant that it's tantalising to just say 'what really gives me a big surprise is not Zen, nor Asura, but Monk' and then not explain.

Or have you reviewed the Monk in previous post that i have missed? 

Apr 9, 2015 at 4:35 AM Post #153 of 3,324
Actually, I'm not going to review it, for ClieOS would like to do this arduous job. Just wait and see:) What I have to say is that it delivers balanced sounds, although it can't reach the HiFi level. Hmmmmm, it's for the green hands like me. Haha. Well, really find it hard to text with only one thumb:frowning2:

Apr 9, 2015 at 10:41 AM Post #154 of 3,324
....*sigh*...am obsessively checking tracking the review samples coming in for the tour....they left San Francisco in the early hours of April 7th....they still need to make it all the way down to Southern California....should be here any day now. They left China on March 30th, so they are making great time.

Apr 9, 2015 at 5:45 PM Post #156 of 3,324
  As these are ear buds, do you have to turn up the volume up to get all the details and bass or is low volume listening still possible?

Assuming you're not dealing with ambient noise, all of the details are there at low volume and they sound great at low volume. But, you end up wanting to crank them up 
biggrin.gif

Apr 9, 2015 at 7:00 PM Post #158 of 3,324
Don't really more then half volume from my phone
smily_headphones1.gif

I think that RedJohn456 was mainly wanting to know if the Zens are enjoyable at lower listening levels, which is what I was addressing.

But what you said is interesting. On my Samsung S5 (using neutron and noozxoide), half volume is too quiet with the Zens. At full volume, they are loud enough for me (but they might not be for someone else). So either our phones and/or ears are different!

I mainly listen to them off of my Ihifi 770 though, and they are loud enough at around 35 out of 60, whereas the Titan1's are at roughly the same loudness at around 24 out of 60. So they do require a bit more power (the Asura's less than the Zens).

Apr 10, 2015 at 12:23 AM Post #160 of 3,324
Apr 10, 2015 at 7:58 AM Post #163 of 3,324
Anyone tried the Zen with a HTC One M8?

sorry, the new monk might work better with m8.

Cheers 

Lee

Apr 10, 2015 at 8:33 AM Post #165 of 3,324
I think you meant the beta Asura, the retail version might need just a bit more juicy and most android phones without dedicated audio chip(s) might not up to the workload, though it sounds quite decent straight out of iPhone 5 and 6.

Cheers 

Lee

p.s. poweramp + viper4android might make a difference, but no where near enough for Zen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back