VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand
Apr 8, 2015 at 10:36 AM Post #138 of 3,324
  Why not wait for the new VE Monk , just 5USD, so customs will not be a problem.
duggehsmile.png

Cheers 

Lee

Woah, sounds like a bargain!  When will it be available and can you ship to UK?

Apr 8, 2015 at 10:59 AM Post #139 of 3,324

Woah, sounds like a bargain!  When will it be available and can you ship to UK?

I asked zhibli06 the same exact question.

He said the new Monk should be able to purchase in about 2-3 months.

Apr 8, 2015 at 11:43 AM Post #140 of 3,324
I was wondering whether anyone could comment on the soundstage. In theory, I should like earbuds since I like airiness and space and that's supposed to be a major advantage of earbuds over IEMs. But out of the earbuds I've tried, only the Creative Aurvana Air has lived up to expectations.

Apr 8, 2015 at 2:16 PM Post #145 of 3,324
  Is the asura being included with purchases of the Zen? Or was that only for the review units?

Good question. They are really good as well. A little more v-shaped (but nothing dramatic), and less refined than the Zens, but they sound really nice. I like to fall asleep listening to tunes. I was using the kc06a's for that (they sound good, and sit quite flush in the ears), but they have been supplanted with the Asura's. I put the Zen's on the burner at night, but I still need to hear the VE goodness, so I then throw in the Asura's. I'm surprised, but I can lay my head down on my side with the Asura's comfortably. And I now like the idea of falling asleep without having an iem rammed in my ear - seems healthier for the ears. So my iem rotation for a few weeks now has been: Zens at home during the day, Asuras at night, and Titan1's when out and about. Time to start selling off a bunch of unused gear I think!

Apr 8, 2015 at 3:28 PM Post #146 of 3,324
  Is the asura being included with purchases of the Zen? Or was that only for the review units?

The beta Asura is still included with the purchase of the Zen until the final retail Asura is ready (in 30 days or so, I hope).

Cheers

Lee

Apr 9, 2015 at 1:04 AM Post #148 of 3,324
  Hi Lee,

Will there be any significant difference of SQ for the beta-Asura and the final retail?

If so, I think I will have it order along with the Monk. 

Thanks

The Retail Asura will sound a bit more like Zen than the beta version. while can still shine without amps

Cheers 

Lee

Apr 9, 2015 at 3:33 AM Post #149 of 3,324
Hey guys, I've got my Zen run for nearly 700 hrs:)
If you have it attached to Breeze Audio E11, the sound this assembly carries will probably amaze you.
Btw, what really gives me a big surprise is not Zen, nor Asura, but Monk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back