Vape-Fi
Apr 17, 2017 at 4:55 PM Post #2,521 of 3,183
  nice, you making that yourself? that's a cool project.  i don't have the tools to even attempt that. 

Hell no. This is a run of three from Dendro Mods.

Apr 17, 2017 at 9:38 PM Post #2,523 of 3,183
The man has talent.

Apr 29, 2017 at 3:47 PM Post #2,524 of 3,183
Bought my first DNA mod today, a Lost Vape Triade DNA250...

Loving all the things you can do with it - and, it's making me question why I didn't get a DNA mod sooner...

Ordered some LG-HG2 batteries to go in it, to replace the aged batteries that I've got at the moment.

Happy days :)

May 1, 2017 at 12:24 AM Post #2,525 of 3,183
Bought my first DNA mod today, a Lost Vape Triade DNA250...

Loving all the things you can do with it - and, it's making me question why I didn't get a DNA mod sooner...

Ordered some LG-HG2 batteries to go in it, to replace the aged batteries that I've got at the moment.

Happy days :)
Congrats!
DNA's are sweet, you can get all the different wire profiles from Steam-Engine.org in the Wire Wizard section.

If you want to load a new wire type to the Triade, select the wire type from the drop down in the Wire builder section. Coil specs are not important and don't need to be set. Then select the DNA 200 button in the Temperature control results section and hit Download TFR Table as CSV. Save the file to your hard drive then you can load it to your Triade through eScribe in the Material tab.

Some DNA devices come setup with a wide variety of wire type and some don't, I have to add SS430 and Nifethal 70 to all my DNA's since that is the wire I use for TC.

May 3, 2017 at 3:16 PM Post #2,526 of 3,183
Seems a few of the 'high-end' modders are starting to play.

Brief interest with the thought of a fancy rosewood squonker. And now with VWM plans. Hm...

18156991_1361421313940755_2457312902929834421_n.jpg

May 12, 2017 at 1:11 PM Post #2,527 of 3,183
Final completion

May 18, 2017 at 2:44 PM Post #2,528 of 3,183
We still have two to go, but these are worth it. My photo skills aren't, though.
Screen Shot 2017-05-18 at 12.27.41 PM.png

Last edited:
May 20, 2017 at 8:33 AM Post #2,529 of 3,183
Show it off at least a bit better.
Untitled.png
Now, on to the next.

Jun 11, 2017 at 4:37 PM Post #2,530 of 3,183
.19059779_1373639209379960_8425361768758389929_n.jpg
I'll never squonk! I don't know what I'm doing. Curiosity bites

Jun 11, 2017 at 5:53 PM Post #2,531 of 3,183
Last edited:
Jun 11, 2017 at 6:05 PM Post #2,532 of 3,183
Looks like a good little squonkable RDTA like the Bombertech Pindad and Cthulhu Gaia. That one seems to have a tighter airflow from the picture, and I imagine it can be used in normal RDA mode as well.

This is my current squonk lineup, the Aeronaut 24 (V2), the KLS and the Armor 1.0.

Although you can build it with cotton, the NextEra is meant for mesh.

It seems every RDA, no matter the intended design, is now bottom fed. Ha.

I can appreciate your lineup, though.

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2017 at 5:25 PM Post #2,533 of 3,183
Although you can build it with cotton, the NextEra is meant for mesh.

It seems every RDA, no matter the intended design, is now bottom fed. Ha.

I can appreciate your lineup, though.
It looks very interesting after watching the overview video.

There is a big resurgence in squonkers these days, cheap ones out of China and "quality" 3D printed ones that demand absurd amounts of money for what they are. The atomizer manufacturers realize that providing bottom feed, opens up the market for more sales. Machining a hole or two doesn't even add pennies to the cost.

I'm getting tired of all the "genny" style RDTAs on the market. Everyone thinks they are something special by having to do a "Genny Tilt"... Most of the RDTA fans out there never ever used a genny or wouldn't know jack about a mesh build. RDTAs are just drippers with really big juice wells. :D

Jun 12, 2017 at 7:19 PM Post #2,534 of 3,183
It looks very interesting after watching the overview video.

There is a big resurgence in squonkers these days, cheap ones out of China and "quality" 3D printed ones that demand absurd amounts of money for what they are. The atomizer manufacturers realize that providing bottom feed, opens up the market for more sales. Machining a hole or two doesn't even add pennies to the cost.

I'm getting tired of all the "genny" style RDTAs on the market. Everyone thinks they are something special by having to do a "Genny Tilt"... Most of the RDTA fans out there never ever used a genny or wouldn't know jack about a mesh build. RDTAs are just drippers with really big juice wells. :D

The Era is VWM's attempt to bring mesh to squonking; I think in that, it will serve a purpose, however, I do feel it is overall a step-back relegating to
capillary feeding rather than the brilliance of vacuum feed. The chamber is 10mm so it's not something earth shattering in terms of potential, say,
compared to the Nextasis, but the focus is on a difference audience.

As for the resurgence, I mostly see it as a surge in popularity. Squonkers are the future as they should be -- offering really nice convenience,
I'm only hoping to see improved form factor and sanity. While the Frankies, etc are absurdly valued on the market, there are really a ton of
3d printed offerings out there that are more affordable. I also think as more 'high-end' wood mods come to market it may help balance things out.

For me, it's about the medium. Mesh offers flavor that is better ( but different) so I'm quite happy where I'm at. At the very least, you do have a lot of choice even if the market is fragmented through saturation.

Jun 13, 2017 at 8:45 AM Post #2,535 of 3,183
only saw this thread in this moment. i´m in the vape from september 2014. i started with direct to lung style. had various stuffs like the R.I.P. Provari.
now i´m direct lung. my electronics are all with joyetech chip and this firmware https://nfeteam.org/.
on the road i use nebox from kanger.
i really hate to rebuild but an handmade coil is the best so i alternate periods with pre-made coils and nad-made coils.
never had expensive boxes form artisans.
now i´m around 4,5 mg of nicotine but i will go to 2.5-3
Edit: due to new regulament in E.U. the life of vaper, now, is really hard.
It´s a big shame because many people left cigarettes thanks to vape

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back