Vape-Fi
Sep 25, 2016 at 1:29 AM Post #2,296 of 3,183
Haha, vaping for me is 100% replacement for rollie tobacco, I've been going strong about 6-months now. I'm making my own juice because its so much cheaper. I'd say with this setup I'm burning through about 30ml bottle every 3-days. The Buddha is really wide, 30mm and handles some big coils.

Atm I'm running dual coil 24g Kanthal 3mm ID 10 wraps spaced, I like being anywhere between 0.4-0.5ohms. It doesn't even touch the sides.

I was right into RTA like the Griffin 25, thought I was set, but since moving onto this 30mm RDA its almost impossible to go back so far. The airflow is unmatched by most smaller tanks and it just floods my lungs really quickly with vape. I love it!

Awesome! I've been doing it since late 2010 and I haven't touch a tobacco cig since.

I really like the Limitless Plus RDTA, but I have no other reference besides the old style 2.0 Ohm Boge cartomizers (I hole punched my own) with an old Phineas tank, lol. Some of the MODs on here are simply gorgeous. I particularly like the ones shown by paradoxper. Where does he get those? Just gorgeous!

Sep 25, 2016 at 1:43 AM Post #2,297 of 3,183
Awesome! I've been doing it since late 2010 and I haven't touch a tobacco cig since.

I really like the Limitless Plus RDTA, but I have no other reference besides the old style 2.0 Ohm Boge cartomizers (I hole punched my own) with an old Phineas tank, lol. Some of the MODs on here are simply gorgeous. I particularly like the ones shown by @paradoxper. Where does he get those? Just gorgeous!

I imagine there are kind of like niche companies who make mods similar to headphones etc?

Hopefully he can chime in for us on that.

I can link you where to get a Buddha RDA cheap as chips mate, real cheap if you want to play with one.

Send me a PM if you're interested.

Sep 25, 2016 at 4:09 AM Post #2,298 of 3,183
The Maximus posted earlier is by Jemit Designs. Just gorgeous craftsmanship, but I'm not sure where to get one from. I've seen a few really nice looking mech MODs from the Phillipins as well, but I'm not interested in mech MODs. I just love how a box MOD can be turned in to an art form.

:)

Sep 25, 2016 at 8:14 AM Post #2,299 of 3,183
Most mods operate through silly private listings. Think BHSE run times but at least that's worth it. Mods aren't.

Sep 25, 2016 at 10:31 AM Post #2,300 of 3,183
  I was right into RTA like the Griffin 25, thought I was set, but since moving onto this 30mm RDA its almost impossible to go back so far. The airflow is unmatched by most smaller tanks and it just floods my lungs really quickly with vape. I love it!

The Temple is another massive airflow 30mm that would look great on the LUX...
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10018633/3856400-temple-styled-rda-rebuildable-dripping-atomizer

Here is (ECF) CrayCrayRay's on his.

Sep 25, 2016 at 10:49 AM Post #2,301 of 3,183
  The Temple is another massive airflow 30mm that would look great on the LUX...
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10018633/3856400-temple-styled-rda-rebuildable-dripping-atomizer

Here is (ECF) CrayCrayRay's on his.

Haha, its in my wish list on Fast Tech, but I'm unsure about it not having top airflow like the Buddha.

I even have a second Buddha V3 coming for backup I love it so much.

I honestly don't think I could go back to 22mm RDA, even my Goon 24mm feels restricted in airflow now.

I've really done a number on myself buying that 30mm RDA. Things like my Aspire Cleito (which I loved) feel like sucking through a small straw. 
rolleyes.gif

Sep 25, 2016 at 11:59 AM Post #2,302 of 3,183

Haha, its in my wish list on Fast Tech, but I'm unsure about it not having top airflow like the Buddha.

I even have a second Buddha V3 coming for backup I love it so much.

I honestly don't think I could go back to 22mm RDA, even my Goon 24mm feels restricted in airflow now.

I've really done a number on myself buying that 30mm RDA. Things like my Aspire Cleito (which I loved) feel like sucking through a small straw. 
rolleyes.gif

There is only one thing I don't like about the Temple. You can't close off the bottom row of air holes without moving the triangle array of holes 90 degrees away from the coils. I might just have to look into a Buddha V3...
biggrin.gif
  Since there is such a limited selection of 30mm gear, you might want to look into these RTAs, the Mason Dump Tank (30mm & 40mm), the VCMT and the Modfather.

I require several tanks for daily use and I enjoy vaping according to the atty I'm using. I can MTL stealth vape off the GEM on the MiniVolt or switch and use the Temple on the Cuboid at 150W for some quick clouds...

My current RTAs are the Crius Plus, the Genelocity & Genelocity Giant, 2 Merlin's and a SQuape x[Dream] which are all used daily. I don't require massive airflow to enjoy my vape, the Petri V2 with it's nonadjustable dual hole airflow is one of the most flavorful RDAs I have, and it vapes like a dream at 60W with a simple dual 24g build. The same thing with the Stumpy, it has excellent flavor and a good airflow. I am just waiting on a bottom feed 510 pin for it so I can squonk it on the Wraith.

Vape what works for you UncleH20!

Sep 25, 2016 at 12:27 PM Post #2,303 of 3,183
There is only one thing I don't like about the Temple. You can't close off the bottom row of air holes without moving the triangle array of holes 90 degrees away from the coils. I might just have to look into a Buddha V3... :D   Since there is such a limited selection of 30mm gear, you might want to look into these RTAs, the Mason Dump Tank (30mm & 40mm), the VCMT and the Modfather.

I require several tanks for daily use and I enjoy vaping according to the atty I'm using. I can MTL stealth vape off the GEM on the MiniVolt or switch and use the Temple on the Cuboid at 150W for some quick clouds...

My current RTAs are the Crius Plus, the Genelocity & Genelocity Giant, 2 Merlin's and a SQuape x[Dream] which are all used daily. I don't require massive airflow to enjoy my vape, the Petri V2 with it's nonadjustable dual hole airflow is one of the most flavorful RDAs I have, and it vapes like a dream at 60W with a simple dual 24g build. The same thing with the Stumpy, it has excellent flavor and a good airflow. I am just waiting on a bottom feed 510 pin for it so I can squonk it on the Wraith.

Vape what works for you UncleH20!

I only vape around 45watts though with that set up. With 8mg juice I'm pretty rocking if I'm not careful... I'm thinking of toning down the build a bit because it's a little savage and I'd rather change the build than lower my nic level. It was ok on some 26g Nichrome wire but the 24g Kanthal at 10 wraps is bit too much personally for all day.

So while it seems I'm some hardcore vaper pushing 215watts on 30mm RDA's it's just an illusion. :wink:

Infact YOU'RE the hardcore vaper! All that stuff you mentioned, using it all everyday. Bet you're clouding that Temple at 150watts on 36mg juice! :D

LOL....

Sep 25, 2016 at 9:59 PM Post #2,305 of 3,183
I only vape around 45watts though with that set up. With 8mg juice I'm pretty rocking if I'm not careful... I'm thinking of toning down the build a bit because it's a little savage and I'd rather change the build than lower my nic level. It was ok on some 26g Nichrome wire but the 24g Kanthal at 10 wraps is bit too much personally for all day.

So while it seems I'm some hardcore vaper pushing 215watts on 30mm RDA's it's just an illusion. :wink:

Infact YOU'RE the hardcore vaper! All that stuff you mentioned, using it all everyday. Bet you're clouding that Temple at 150watts on 36mg juice! :D

LOL....

You'd be one helluva super dude with iron lungs to vape 36mg @150W!! :eek:

Sep 26, 2016 at 5:15 AM Post #2,306 of 3,183
You'd be one helluva super dude with iron lungs to vape 36mg @150W!!
eek.gif

I actually had a hard time switching over from rollies because my first batch of juice nicotine level was far too low. I was sucking on that Kanger Evod mouth to lung pen all day long using 12mg juice getting nowhere fast. I was going through some bad withdrawal.

I moved up to 18mg straight away which seemed better but still not ideal. By this time I'd leveled out a little and adjusted though my transition over wasn't as smooth as it could have been. If I knew what I know now I'd have started on 24mg with the mouth to lung Evod pen. Even when I started sub-ohming 6mg was just holding me, I calculated moving up to 8mg would be more efficient. I was a heavy rollie smoker btw, 30gram pack every 2-3 days.

Sep 26, 2016 at 10:00 AM Post #2,307 of 3,183

So while it seems I'm some hardcore vaper pushing 215watts on 30mm RDA's it's just an illusion.
wink.gif

Infact YOU'RE the hardcore vaper! All that stuff you mentioned, using it all everyday. Bet you're clouding that Temple at 150watts on 36mg juice!
biggrin.gif

LOL....

Ha Ha no hardcore here...

I run 3mg in RTAs and usually zero when clouding up the Temple.
biggrin.gif

When you go up in power and vapor density with the larger builds, it's much easier to drop the nic level. I can still do 6mg in the GEM, but only on a need be basis and the GEM is a MTL RTA.

Sep 26, 2016 at 10:02 AM Post #2,308 of 3,183
You'd be one helluva super dude with iron lungs to vape 36mg @150W!!
eek.gif

Indeed, I'd choke and die on 36mg... A buddy does 12 and it's way too much even for one hit off of his gear.

Sep 26, 2016 at 10:10 AM Post #2,309 of 3,183

I actually had a hard time switching over from rollies because my first batch of juice nicotine level was far too low. I was sucking on that Kanger Evod mouth to lung pen all day long using 12mg juice getting nowhere fast. I was going through some bad withdrawal.

I moved up to 18mg straight away which seemed better but still not ideal. By this time I'd leveled out a little and adjusted though my transition over wasn't as smooth as it could have been. If I knew what I know now I'd have started on 24mg with the mouth to lung Evod pen. Even when I started sub-ohming 6mg was just holding me, I calculated moving up to 8mg would be more efficient. I was a heavy rollie smoker btw, 30gram pack every 2-3 days.

The Evod gear never did it for me, always flooding and just an all around lousy experience. It wasn't until I got my first Kayfun before vaping actually got me off the smokes.

Sep 26, 2016 at 1:38 PM Post #2,310 of 3,183
The Evod gear never did it for me, always flooding and just an all around lousy experience. It wasn't until I got my first Kayfun before vaping actually got me off the smokes.

When I started on the Evod I probably could have lived with it, (my friend does) but I really wanted something with a larger intake. Of course the whole hype around sub-ohming interested me. Aspire Atlantis 2 started me off, still have it as a desk piece.

Getting into building was my best move and DIY juice. Save lots of cash.

Had 250mls of unflavoured nicotine arrive today, will keep me going a few months. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back