Vali 2 tube rolling
Jul 21, 2022 at 11:01 AM Post #6,001 of 6,436
If that's a risk you're willing to take, I'd recommend it. In my setup, I've found stacking adapters tend to be noise prone. Or drop @Deyan a PM. He's made myself and others custom adapters that can fit the Vali2 opening without needing a socket saver (there's a few pics here showing them)
No risk I have a machine shop at my disposal, but I'll drop Deyan a pm see if he can knock us one up, thanks for the advice 👍

Jul 21, 2022 at 1:08 PM Post #6,002 of 6,436
No risk I have a machine shop at my disposal, but I'll drop Deyan a pm see if he can knock us one up, thanks for the advice 👍
I recommend the bigger hole - it makes it so much easier to plug 6SN7 and 7N7 adapters straight into the socket. I did mine with a dremel tool and a lot of patience.

Jul 21, 2022 at 1:48 PM Post #6,003 of 6,436
Led replaced with a orange one and moved back slightly towards tube and away from front panel hole, adds just a bit more glow to base, picture isn't a really good example as it's still light over here in UK but we will see what it looks like at dusk 👍 at least it's better than the strobe light look.
20220721_184209.jpg

Jul 21, 2022 at 3:38 PM Post #6,004 of 6,436
I would've done the same for mine except for the fact that I'd still like to have an intact original lid on hand and Schiit doesn't sell parts. Thought about getting one of the local shops to fab a custom one for me, but apathy kicked in. It'd be nice to use a low profile adapter like the ones G1217 makes - I have an ECC40 adapter like that

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2022 at 3:58 PM Post #6,005 of 6,436
I would've done the same for mine except for the fact that I'd still like to have an intact original lid on hand and Schiit doesn't sell parts. Thought about getting one of the local shops to fab a custom one for me, but apathy kicked in. It'd be nice to use a low profile adapter like the ones G1217 makes - I have an ECC40 adapter like that
Yeah I'm in a quandary about the cover do I cut a bigger circle or get a long adaptor, decisions decisions 🤣

Jul 21, 2022 at 9:20 PM Post #6,007 of 6,436
Yeah I'm in a quandary about the cover do I cut a bigger circle or get a long adaptor, decisions decisions 🤣
This is one of @Deyan 's Vali 2 adapters, although mine has a loctal socket on top instead of an octal.

Vali2 7N7 Adapter Deyan.jpg

Vali and Frank.jpg

Jul 22, 2022 at 9:46 AM Post #6,010 of 6,436
Jul 22, 2022 at 11:46 AM Post #6,011 of 6,436
10 mins later .....
20220722_104516.jpg
Job done and ready to respray 👍
My plan if I got a custom top was to have it look kind like the Valhalla 2 - large meshbacked cutout, with the larger opening. Basically trying to avoid having the cutoff cooling holes, but I'm funny that way.

Jul 22, 2022 at 12:32 PM Post #6,012 of 6,436
…some quandary !! 😉
Well I thought I've already got a decent adaptor so why buy another when I can cut out a bit of lid and save some cash and I prefer it to sit a bit more flush to the PCB. Adaptor was one of those brass ones so I've sprayed that black to match the amp. I don't expect to stay too long with the magni 3+ / vali 2 the upper echelons of schiit are calling out to me already, got my eye on a Magnius and Valhalla. 👍

Jul 22, 2022 at 12:33 PM Post #6,013 of 6,436
My plan if I got a custom top was to have it look kind like the Valhalla 2 - large meshbacked cutout, with the larger opening. Basically trying to avoid having the cutoff cooling holes, but I'm funny that way.
Sounds like a good idea with the black mesh

Jul 22, 2022 at 11:08 PM Post #6,015 of 6,436
Well I thought I've already got a decent adaptor so why buy another when I can cut out a bit of lid and save some cash and I prefer it to sit a bit more flush to the PCB. Adaptor was one of those brass ones so I've sprayed that black to match the amp. I don't expect to stay too long with the magni 3+ / vali 2 the upper echelons of schiit are calling out to me already, got my eye on a Magnius and Valhalla. 👍
Just get one of these and you'll be fine. 🤣

Folvangr 1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back