Valhalla for HE560
Sep 8, 2014 at 10:27 PM Post #17 of 22
Has anyone tried HE-560 with Mjolnir?
Especially with Gungnir.

Have listened to HE-560 in a shop (on their "reference rig") but not with Mjolnir - they did not have a balanced cable available.
This stuff is quite expensive in Australia and only one supplier.

Particularly enjoyed "The Chain" by Fleetwood Mac. Could hear the shape of the bass notes.
On other stuff though I thought I would have liked a bit more bass presence.
This may be because I am a bass player.

Sep 9, 2014 at 11:33 AM Post #18 of 22
By EOD I'll have had a chance to listen to the 560 balanced driven by Ragnarok; which has the same basic topography as Mjolnir. I'll share my thoughts. I expect it to be life changing :) - but no expectation bias.

Sep 10, 2014 at 8:45 PM Post #19 of 22
Waiting with baited breath. Although I'm not sure I can handle knowing the Rag + 560 is nirvana.
Can get a Mjolnir for less than half the price and now.
On the other hand He-560 + Rag is probably about the same $$$ as LCD3 + Mjolnir.

Sep 10, 2014 at 8:49 PM Post #20 of 22
Gotta say, Raggy really lights up the HE-560. Serious slam, dynamics, detail. Don't listen to this combo with a good DAC. You'll start looking for ways to get a hold of the funds.

Sep 10, 2014 at 8:55 PM Post #21 of 22
I think I'll just go with a Lyr 2. Right now I just don't have the budget for balanced. Lyr 2 + Bifrost Uber will keep me happy for years and is something I could even pass down a generation. Or if I decide to resell the value seems to be solid over time.

If there is a balanced + dac balanced solution that isn't portable and on Amazon I'd be all for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back