v.pleased :)
Nov 11, 2010 at 1:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

phill1978

New Head-Fier
changed HD600 wire for HD650 and bought a decent 6.5m to 3.5m converter for my sound card.

surprisingly large difference? not sure how, i know its got more strands and perhaps better OFC. but the bass is much deeper more controlled and the sound stage is airer and wider. imediate noticeble improvement to already great headphones. they sound like i expected they should have all the years ago when i bought them

£30 bargain for a definate improvement.

smile_phones.gif

Nov 11, 2010 at 2:26 PM Post #2 of 3
Are you sure the old HD600 cable was plugged in correctly to each ear cup?  If you had one of the ear cup plugs in backwards you'd have that driver out of phase with the other driver.  That would be the most likely explanation for an immediate and noticeable improvement in bass extension and soundstage improvement when swapping cables.

I don't have my HD600 with me at the moment with both cables (stock and HD650 cable) to verify, but IIRC the "L" and "R" for each should face outwards when plugged in correctly.

Nov 11, 2010 at 2:33 PM Post #3 of 3

Quote:
Are you sure the old HD600 cable was plugged in correctly to each ear cup?  If you had one of the ear cup plugs in backwards you'd have that driver out of phase with the other driver.  That would be the most likely explanation for an immediate and noticeable improvement in bass extension and soundstage improvement when swapping cables.

I don't have my HD600 with me at the moment with both cables (stock and HD650 cable) to verify, but IIRC the "L" and "R" for each should face outwards when plugged in correctly.

this is always a possibility. but all i know is now they sound great. i never touched the cable from factory until the swap before this they still sounded awesome

smily_headphones1.gif

cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back