V-MODA Zn: Official Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, Videos, etc.
Apr 13, 2016 at 1:55 AM Post #286 of 363
  Hi friends,
Any idea how is the cable noise on these?
I would mostly use these outdoors while walking and exercising. 

Let me try when I get back home. I don't remember them being microphonic but I haven't used them in a long while. I do remember well they're tangle free though!!

Apr 13, 2016 at 5:39 AM Post #288 of 363
  Hi friends,
Any idea how is the cable noise on these?
I would mostly use these outdoors while walking and exercising. 

I find the cable noise, when worn straight down, to be average.  The ZN's do, however, come with over-the-ear guides that remove cable noise.  I would recommend considering the weight of the ZN's for active use - the earphones are heavy and, even though I can find a comfortable fit, they do not feel secure enough in my opinion for active use. 

Apr 16, 2016 at 2:35 AM Post #289 of 363
I find the cable noise, when worn straight down, to be average.  The ZN's do, however, come with over-the-ear guides that remove cable noise.  I would recommend considering the weight of the ZN's for active use - the earphones are heavy and, even though I can find a comfortable fit, they do not feel secure enough in my opinion for active use. 

Thanks for that note. I'm getting these today from a local distributor in Singapore. Let's see.

Apr 16, 2016 at 9:29 PM Post #290 of 363
@dipal, sorry, I never got back to you. To me as per @jo-shway it is average microphonic (actually me to me a little more than average) and agree with his recommendation on using the ear loop. The cable material is great for anti-tangling.but also a little bit thicker/stiffer than say the shrinkwrap type used by some makers and seems to transmit vibrations a little more. Having said that, not that bad that it's deterred me from using the Zn.

Apr 16, 2016 at 9:33 PM Post #291 of 363

I think you will enjoy the ZN's dipal - I have really enjoyed mine and find them to be a fun counterpart to my more analytical earphones.  I also feel very confident in their build quality and in the very generous V-moda warranty

Apr 20, 2016 at 1:03 PM Post #292 of 363
Would like to know people thoughts on these for gym use. I have read a few posts here about the weight but it seems this can be negated by the ear hooks. I am considering these as a replacement to my current gym setup (iSport Victory). I am also looking at the RHA MA750i and MEE M7P. 

Apr 20, 2016 at 2:04 PM Post #293 of 363

I have both the ZN's and the RHA MA750i's and I would think the RHA would be a better gym headphone; they feel slightly lighter and they have integrated ear guides, which I prefer (less fiddling and more stability).  Also, the shape of the RHA's allows me to more quickly get a stable fit in my ears than permitted by the ZN's shape.  And finally, while both headphones have quality cables, the RHA cable is a little more flexible, a little more supple than the ZN's cable.  As far as sound, both the phones have quality, bass-oriented sounds but I think the ZN's tend to be a little more fun sounding.  Another consideration - both headphones have large, heavy remotes, which might be a problem depending on the kind of gym activity you pursue.  

Apr 20, 2016 at 3:40 PM Post #294 of 363
I have both the ZN's and the RHA MA750i's and I would think the RHA would be a better gym headphone; they feel slightly lighter and they have integrated ear guides, which I prefer (less fiddling and more stability).  Also, the shape of the RHA's allows me to more quickly get a stable fit in my ears than permitted by the ZN's shape.  And finally, while both headphones have quality cables, the RHA cable is a little more flexible, a little more supple than the ZN's cable.  As far as sound, both the phones have quality, bass-oriented sounds but I think the ZN's tend to be a little more fun sounding.  Another consideration - both headphones have large, heavy remotes, which might be a problem depending on the kind of gym activity you pursue.  

Mostly weights. When I do cross training I usually use a speaker instead. I noticed the remotes on both of these are a lot closer to the ear than what I am currently using, which sits just below the collar

Apr 20, 2016 at 3:58 PM Post #295 of 363
Likewise, have the ZN and rha 750i.  Both not great for gym.  Both sound excellent though.  :wink:
I resorted to getting a wireless pair for gym only. ;(

Apr 20, 2016 at 4:47 PM Post #297 of 363

i did it the first day. very good isolation

compy confort 400

Apr 27, 2016 at 5:12 AM Post #300 of 363

I have both headphones and use neither for active use.  The ZN has a large, heavy metal Y-splitter that moves too much when active and becomes distraction for me.  The RHA-750i has a large metal remote that I find similarly distracting.  I bought a pair of jaybird Bluebud x wireless headphones and, even though they have noisy cables, they offer me a secure fit, good sound, solid bluetooth connection, and freedom from cables.  I really like both the ZN and the RHA but they are not active headphones for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back