V-MODA XS: A first look at the new V-MODA XS with Val Kolton - Head-Fi TV
Mar 25, 2014 at 11:59 PM Post #16 of 394
Enhanced M-80 sound? Larger soundstage? More comfortable? Better Isolation?

I'm SOLD!!!

Mar 26, 2014 at 12:44 AM Post #17 of 394
I'm very interested in the 'more comfortable' part. I really loved the M80, but had to sell them because the clamping on my ears made them very sore very quickly, and the headband left me with a hotspot. Maybe I will try these out some time.

Mar 26, 2014 at 1:08 AM Post #18 of 394
The only thing I disliked about the M80 was comfort. If it can get that right while enhancing the sound then I'll take two.

Mar 26, 2014 at 8:18 AM Post #20 of 394
I'm looking forward to giving this a shot. Another V-Moda headphone for some extreme testing!!

On a more serious note though the extended trebles is welcoming.

Edit: Gizmodo's got the XS already: http://gizmodo.com/v-moda-xs-headphones-review-indestructible-cans-with-r-1551890986
Edit: Engadget too: http://www.engadget.com/2014/03/26/vmoda-xs-headphones/

Mar 26, 2014 at 10:03 AM Post #21 of 394
Enhanced M-80 sound? Larger soundstage? More comfortable? Better Isolation?

I'm SOLD!!!

X(S)2! :p you forgot wayyyyy more portable. Can't believe how tiny they get when they fold up.

This is one or the best HF videos I've seen, great job Val and Jude! As a proud owner of the M-80 and M-100 I'm really looking forward to hearing these cans more. I already found the M-80 but this a an excellent step up in sound and comfort. Love the way they look on the head also.

Mar 26, 2014 at 10:37 AM Post #22 of 394
Jude,

How would you compare these to the HD 25-I II?

Mar 26, 2014 at 10:48 AM Post #23 of 394
Its on the vmoda.com website for $212. Looks very good. Just ordered one with the boom microphone. Jude, my wallet is now officially non-existent.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 26, 2014 at 10:59 AM Post #24 of 394
Thanks everybody, we are AMPED to finally launch this product!  We are very busy today now that we have launched, but I wanted to answer any questions on this thread.

<THIS SPACE RESERVED FOR FUTURE EDITS>

I just launched the website, http://V-MODA.com/XS, check it out.

And here is the quick XS video "MIND THE GAP":

Mar 26, 2014 at 11:16 AM Post #25 of 394
  Thanks everybody, we are AMPED to finally launch this product!  We are very busy today now that we have launched, but I wanted to answer any questions on this thread.

<THIS SPACE RESERVED FOR FUTURE EDITS>

I just launched the website, http://V-MODA.com/XS, check it out.

And here is the quick XS video "MIND THE GAP":

thanks val already ordered my xs!!

Mar 26, 2014 at 12:53 PM Post #27 of 394
The XS clamping force is significantly less than the M80, adding to the comfort considerably.  Like the M80 they take a good 15 min. of wear to "conform" to your ears (basically they need to warm up a bit).  The reduction in clamping force reduces the bass a bit compared to the original M80 but that's not a bad thing.  Out of my Verza, I use the Bass Boost w/ the XS and I turn it off on the M100s.  Pretty much the perfect balance between the two.  I've always liked the more flat sound of the M80s in certain instances, so the slight increase to the treble extension and improved comfort make these a near perfect on-ear option.

The size, like the M100s folded up in the case, is absolutely incredible.  I was shocked when I pulled them out of the box compared to my M80 case.  Truly an ultraportable headphone.  Kudos to the design team.

Mar 26, 2014 at 2:11 PM Post #29 of 394
The XS clamping force is significantly less than the M80, adding to the comfort considerably.  Like the M80 they take a good 15 min. of wear to "conform" to your ears (basically they need to warm up a bit).  The reduction in clamping force reduces the bass a bit compared to the original M80 but that's not a bad thing.  Out of my Verza, I use the Bass Boost w/ the XS and I turn it off on the M100s.  Pretty much the perfect balance between the two.  I've always liked the more flat sound of the M80s in certain instances, so the slight increase to the treble extension and improved comfort make these a near perfect on-ear option.

The size, like the M100s folded up in the case, is absolutely incredible.  I was shocked when I pulled them out of the box compared to my M80 case.  Truly an ultraportable headphone.  Kudos to the design team.

U got urs already?! Are u serious?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back