V-moda Vibes... The review is finished. (56k beware, big pics...)
Feb 25, 2007 at 6:52 PM Post #916 of 1,475
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaloS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you intend on producing in-ear style headphones only? Cause if you are going to stick to earbuds and increase soundstage size - that is quite a feat O.o

BY earbud do you mean like our Remix product (which has some 3d staging), we have actually created a new "earbud" model that was going to replace Remix - but we are concentrating on IEMs and DJ models.

Sorry I'm so off topic here!

Feb 25, 2007 at 7:02 PM Post #917 of 1,475
i mean anything that goes in ear or on the tip of the ear, or all the way to the eardrum :wink:

Although I don't see any purpose for you to enter circum-aural headphone area, thats been mildly to say...dominated already.

Feb 26, 2007 at 12:17 AM Post #918 of 1,475
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaloS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i mean anything that goes in ear or on the tip of the ear, or all the way to the eardrum :wink:

Although I don't see any purpose for you to enter circum-aural headphone area, thats been mildly to say...dominated already.

I think there is room for improvement and that the stage is set for headphones that can produce a sound more realistic of what we really hear on stage or recording venue. The AKG 1000's can do this but I think it is possible at a much lower price and something many people would be drawn to both in size and appearance.

I am still waiting for the Vibes that change color with mood. Mood Vibes. . . .

Feb 26, 2007 at 2:42 AM Post #921 of 1,475
Looks like this is the default thread for anything to do with the vibes - it's a monster of a thread...

I just bought a pair in the La Mocha colour from the V-Moda website last Thursday - can't wait.

Does anyone have any idea how long it would take for it to get to Sydney in Australia??

Feb 26, 2007 at 7:36 AM Post #922 of 1,475
in-ear pics I believe were posted in this thread somewhere by Warrior5, maybe somebody can find the post #. In my ears they fit completely inside and flush, however if they are flush or stick out some is dependent on the fitting as well as individual ear. I use the Vibes under my motorcycle helmet, laying on pillows, and they never stick out a bit. But I have seen one girl wearing them, and they stuck out a bit so individual ear and size of fitting will play a role in how "flush" they fit (this goes for all similar shaped IEMS).

tones- nice, glad to see this color picking up momentum I think it's great yet neutral (since vibe are so small compared to blown up pics on the net, the colors on La Mocha are subtle yet luxurious in person). To sydney should take 7-14 days, let's just pray the customs gods are nice.

jamato - saw on your rating you tied for #1 Remix and Vibe, can you explain? Remix I feel is a great product that doesn't get much publicity as Vibe overshadows our other products a lot lately, but I feel Remix is among the top earbud-type headphones in the world (I know of only 3 great earbuds), it should of been priced for more $ and marketed as an audiophile model haha.

Feb 26, 2007 at 3:23 PM Post #923 of 1,475
Quote:

Originally Posted by valkolton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But I have seen one girl wearing them, and they stuck out a bit so individual ear and size of fitting will play a role in how "flush" they fit (this goes for all similar shaped IEMS).

girls wearing vibes? thats hot regardless of whether or not they fit flush. I say we need to encourage this trend.

Feb 26, 2007 at 3:25 PM Post #924 of 1,475
Quote:

Originally Posted by b00tang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
girls wearing vibes? thats hot regardless of whether or not they fit flush. I say we need to encourage this trend.

Agreed. BTW I realized this thread is free advertising..lol I gotta make a mental note of this.

Feb 27, 2007 at 12:51 AM Post #925 of 1,475
I bought a pair in the "for sale forums" here, and I have to say, I am more than pleased with my purchase. I have never had any sort of IEM's anymore, and had only experienced stock earbuds that came with my mp3 players. I have to say I found the bass of the vibe a bit overwhelming at first, but I either grew accustomed to it and like it now, or the vibes have changed during burn-in.

I really don't know which one to say...

Anyhow, I absolutely love them. They remind me a lot of my beloved MS-1's, which I have now left for home use or for quiet rooms, while using the vibes for every other occasion.

Thanks for this wonderful product! It is my first foothold on the IEM world, and though I have never experienced the "true" IEMS (since these are open), I can more than certainly appreciate the isolation they provide compared to my HD555, MS-1, closed Sonys, and stock earbuds.

I bought the chrome ones, by the way.

Feb 27, 2007 at 1:20 AM Post #928 of 1,475
So these are similar to the MS-1? I've been considering getting the MS-1 for home use, but after listening some SR-80s I've been having second thoughts. The SR-80s seemed too boring to me coming from the Vibes. Really no fun to listen to. Would you, or anyone who has heard both, say if the MS-1s have a more Vibe like sound signature than the SR-80s?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back